tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My belief on Christ's death and resurrection aligns with the Greek Orthodox church, which states:
= your belief on Christ's death and resurrection aligns with the Greek Orthodox church, and not with the Word of God or Bible.?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
= your belief on Christ's death and resurrection aligns with the Greek Orthodox church, and not with the Word of God or Bible.?
This is a non-sequitur.

The early Church (which the Orthodox Church is a continuation of) was not "based on the Bible" because there was no Bible when the Church was begun. It was established by Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit with the work of the Apostles. Further, what you have as the Bible was a collection of testimonies and letters written to the Church, received and recognized as authentic truth by the Church (as opposed to spurious documents also circulating), and were eventually canonized by the Church.

The charge makes no sense if you understand the development of Holy Scripture.

The language of a church/denomination "based on the Bible" only makes sense with the splinter denominations developing many, many centuries after the Scriptures were written - which the Orthodox Church is not.

The Epistles were written to various local Churches, some of which still exist, and which are still part of our communion - with the exception of Rome, who separated from the rest and formed Catholicism. But Orthodoxy never had a Reformation - all the history of the West does not apply to Orthodoxy. It is simply still the same Communion of local Churches it always has been - only having been spread to more counties.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I caught Impe's act a few months ago, and I still can't get it out of my head... which is why I mentioned it. Nothing works that guilt-and-give muscle better than a vat of blood.
if you are talking about Jack Van Impe he has been in ministry now 70 years and his net worth is 1.5 million. that is not a lot for a 70 year position. Your problem with preaching the blood is one of the things that may be wrong with the church. Jesus taught he who is forgiven much loves much and the cost the redemption was the passion of the Christ. Jesus emptied himself is so many ways being incarnate and then living among us to teach the gospel of repentance for the remission of sins. This is a test for you....do you think we talk too much about repenting and turning form your sins as well? Are you the sort that thinks come as you and stay as you are and be accepted? If you do than you are not holding on to Biblical doctrine.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the question then really is, is the blood literally still significant for us? Or should we be more focused simply His death, and subsequent descent and removing the keys from Satan, and then return through His resurrection? And in that death and victory we too have victory over sin?

It depends on, what do we mean with blood. It can mean at least three things:

1. Physical blood of Jesus
2. The wine
3. The spirit

And I believe it is really about this:

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

Truly, truly I tell you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death at all.”
John. 8:51

Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word. Then my Father will love him, and we will go to him and make our home within him.
John 14:23

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews 10...One voluntary blood Sacrifice by Jesus the Christ, The Divine Messaiah Is Sufficient for the sinner
(Under the OT Mosaic "Law" of annual blood sacrifice to cover the sins of Isreal)...
....For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins...("the old Covenant")
...(where) Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices,
which can never take away sins;
12 but He, (Jesus the Christ) having offered ONE sacrifice FOR sins FOR ALL time, (FOR all mankind!)
SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,
waiting from that time onward
UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.
For by ONE offering He has perfected FOR all time those who are sanctified. (saved and set apart)
...Now where there is FORGIVNESS of these things (sins),
there is no longer any (blood) offering for sin....(necessary!)

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Blood of Christ" / "Jesus' blood"

A computer search came up with these good hits!

1.1 Corinthians 10:16
2. Ephesians 2:13
3. Hebrews 9:14
4. 1 Peter 1:2
5. 1 Peter 1:19
6. 1 John 5:6
7. Revelation 1:5

SEE ALSO: 1 John 1
1 John 1:7
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Hebrews 10....One Blood Sacrifice of Christ Is Sufficient
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,

The OLD Covenant between God and Man / His "chosen people" required a "blood" sacrifice
to cover annually the sins of the people Israel. E.g. See: Exodus 30; Hebrews 9.

Under the NEW Covenant with all believers, ...

Hebrews 9 (NASB) ...The Old and the New: Sacrifices and Covenants
....but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption....
...but now once at the consummation of the ages,
He has been manifested to put away sin by the (bloody) sacrifice of Himself.
27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
28 so Christ also,
having been offered once to bear the sins of many,
will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Hebrews 10....One Blood Sacrifice of Christ Is Sufficient
...4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins....
10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.....
18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things (lawless deeds) , there is no longer any offering for sin...19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Revelation 1:5 (NASB)+
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 John 5:6 (NASB)
6 This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water (birth fluids?)only,
but with the water and with the blood (spirit?).
It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood,
and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls;
for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.’(~reconciliation)

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him (anti-ChrisT) because of the blood of the Lamb
and because of the word of their testimony,
and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0