Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing at all unusual about rejecting God, and he's been waiting with open arms for you to come back. Your experience is just part of the process with some, and in the scheme of things is absolutely normal..

Your concern over this does show you are serious, and that's good, but there comes a point where you have to forgive yourself. IMO, true faith would be to not doubt God, but to accept the forgiveness he promised if we repent, no matter how often we may stray (not that you will stray but that's how forgiving God is),

Reactions: Justasking123
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I can't overcome the thought that I am condemned because I didn't follow God's plan and sinned against Him. I hesitated too long to become a Christian and was felt with doubts.

Now I know everything in the Bible is true but it leaves me with knowledge of the Truth and condemnation without a way out. I only feel fear and hopelessness. I still have to thank God though because I wondered what was the Truth most of my life and I now know it.

I'm trying to read the Word and pray but it is getting more and more difficult each day as I feel like a hypocrite and condemned. I'm also seeing a therapist but truth is only God can draw someone to Him..

I'm wondering if there are any other people who know the Truth but aren't Christians because they missed God's call?
You have not missed God's call to have a relationship with Him. You have taken the first step in recognizing it. Now take the next step repent and accept that He gave His only Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth to pay for your sins. With your acceptance, receive His Holy Spirit so that you join the Body of Christ where we await for the day when we will be with Him in the Kingdom of God. What are you waiting for!
Be blessed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justasking123
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I can't overcome the thought that I am condemned because I didn't follow God's plan and sinned against Him. I hesitated too long to become a Christian and was felt with doubts.

Now I know everything in the Bible is true but it leaves me with knowledge of the Truth and condemnation without a way out. I only feel fear and hopelessness. I still have to thank God though because I wondered what was the Truth most of my life and I now know it.

I'm trying to read the Word and pray but it is getting more and more difficult each day as I feel like a hypocrite and condemned. I'm also seeing a therapist but truth is only God can draw someone to Him..

I'm wondering if there are any other people who know the Truth but aren't Christians because they missed God's call?
John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Hebrews 7:25 (KJV) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Matthew 11:28-29 (KJV) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The "call" goes out to everyone, but only some accept the call.
Quit trying to figure it out and start doing something to help others.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean help others? I think it's impossible to really help others if someone does not have a strong relationship with God.
Matt 15:14
You can move mountains with a little faith.
Just start small like help your spouse with the dishes, but do it out of a sense of: what God has done for you, and not what you might get from your spouse.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Bling might be getting at this and if so, good:

See, it's a must we help our fellow man, and the way I see it, considering what Christ did to help me, it's the least I can do, besides, it can be quite rewarding not just to the heart, but for rewards laid up in heaven....it's all in the bible, but back to what Christ demands of us:

Matt 25:41-46 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

You might want to start at the beginning of the Sheep/Goats parable for more context but that pretty well says it even by itself.

Upvote 0

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean help others? I think it's impossible to really help others if someone does not have a strong relationship with God.
Matt 15:14
You are mistaken. The Bible talks a lot about morals, doing things that are good and just. Is helping the people in need not moral? You do not, however, need to go out of your way to help people if it feels wrong to you. Just do the amount that is right for you.

Upvote 0