Too late for salvation

F

freeport

Thanks everyone for the support, I just dont know what I think. I believe that God will speak to us time and time again to try and save us but eventually there does come a time when he will give up on someone who continually rejects his callings.

I know I sound negative but I am just terrified that I crossed this deadline, a lot of well known pastors agree that this can happen to an individual.

I won't listen to some videos some guy is saying, if you have a response, please write it or supply Scripture to support your rebuttals of what we are saying here.

Normally in this sort of situation the Christian agrees with us finally because the Father speaks in their heart confirming what we are saying, which is good and right.

From the way you have shut your ears, it sounds like the Father is not guiding you at all.

In this case I would simply throw out all sin that you can see of yourself and continually beg God for mercy, humbling yourself, to help you have your blind eyes opened and your deaf ears healed.

If this means you are fasting and going around all day begging God for mercy, well, that is your answer. Humble yourself and beg God night and day, in your heart, until He heals you.

Otherwise, your life will get worse and worse until you are brought to that point by force.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟131,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no need to beg God for mercy. God is anxiously awaiting your return, just like the Father in the parable of the Prodigal son. You are his son. He is your Father. He Loves you unconditionally, no matter what you've done.

Robert, you needn't do a thing. You are not blind, nor deaf. You've simply listened to the wrong message, which has all but completely omitted the GOOD NEWS of God's unconditional Love and grace, and led you to believe that God may have given up on you.

It was alluded to in an earlier post, but Jesus told us that we must forgive someone 70 x 7 in one day. If we were to take that literally, that equates to forgiving THE SAME PERSON for THE SAME THING once every 2 minutes and 56.19 seconds for 24 hours straight EVERY DAY! God would never expect us to do something that He doesn't do Himself.

The only thing you need to "do" is accept His Love and His grace. Realize that it is not because of your actions that God Loves you.

In my last post I said this;

There is not one thing you can do to make God Love you more.
There is not one thing you can do to make God Love you less.

Those are profound statements that have changed my life. That is the power of God's Amazing Grace.

Take one step toward Him, and He will run to you. It's not too late.

:cool:

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robert - you said you have ask forgiveness for your sins and you keep repeating asking forgiveness for them over and over for forgiveness -

Now - Jesus is standing there with open arms saying - Robert your slate is clean I do not see any sins to forgive. When you ask forgiveness your sins are removed as far as the east is from the west and thrown in the lake of forgetfulness - do you want Jeus to go dig them up again - THEY ARE GONE - Jesus is seeing you forgiven - standing there with open arms waiting for you.

These people you are listening to are wrong if they are preaching that you cannot be forgiven - throw the tapes away and open the Bible and see Jesus as He really is and not as someone painting a picture of Him that is impossible to be. Nothing or no one can remove you from the LOVE of God.

Do some housecleaning in your mind - instead of seeing yourself terrified, helpless and doomed - see yourself in the arms of Jesus, forgiven and walking in the Joy of the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I will keep trying - this is the third time I have written this and it just diappears - the enemy does not want you to hear this.

I know you see my name and say 'not again' - yes again and again and again until I know the Angels in Heaven are dancing with delight that a child of God has come home.

In Romans after the Bible says about a retrobate mind - the people on the tapes failed to say this; Romans 2:4 - the last part of that verse - not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth to repentance. They forgot to tell you that - does that sound like God saying 'don't talk to me - I won't listen.'

Look here: Isaiah 43:25 - I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy trangressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Do you see any ifs, ands or buts after this verse?

Robert prayers are being sent to the Throne of God from around the world as shafts of light - the Angels take each prayer and goes forth with - the Lord showed that to me one time - it is a beautiful picture.

Your name was being sent from across the ocean yesterday as a beautiful prayer warrior called me from England and we prayed for you.

Those tapes you are listening to by well known preachers are damning your soul - listen to the Word of God and not the word of man.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I believe that I have waited to long and have ignored Gods dealings with me far far to long, now im in a complete and utter mess and am deeply depressed.

Im 36yrs old and I have been going to church all my life so im certainly not a stranger to when God's Holy Spirit is convicting and drawing me to salvation. The problem is that each time a person refuses salvation their heart gets harder and harder making each offer that much more difficult to accept.

Long story short I just woke up and realized that for the past 10yrs of my life I have not had God dealing with me anymore and I had fallen into a deep deep sin with inappropriate contentography. The last time I remember God dealing with my heart was 1999 at a church service and like an idiot I did not go forward to get saved. After that time is when I fell into a deep life style of sin and im just now realizing 10yrs later that God has let me go.

I have asked God to save me but I realize that unless he is drawing me then I am just talking to thin air, if any of you are debating on getting saved please dont put it off any longer or you could end up like me and wake up one day to realize that your day of grace is over.

I have had terrible things happening to me lately from dreams of being thrown into hell, I have woke up at night and litterally felt my skin burning, my wife even touched me and said that I felt like I was on fire. I think I may be under the Judgement of God.

Yo Robert, I want to make this short.

Remember that prodigal son. He was dead in his sins and yet he returned back to life as he returned to his father. That is the same thing with you, so don't get discouraged for remember, GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU!

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am thinking of a sermon once preached by a former pastor of mine. That my help you here Robert. There are times when we feel nothing at all. Those are times when just for a moment God turns his face from us to cause us to seek Him more. He used the story of a child and it's mother being in the store together the child ran off to play with the toys after the mother kept telling stay close by. The mother found the child but stayed in a place so he couldn't see her. When the child noticed mommy wan't there he began to cry out. When he got desperate to find his mommy she stepped from her hiding place gathered him up and soothed his fears.

There are times when WE let things come before God and for that purpose he goes into his hiding place just were we can't see him but he is near waiting to hear us cry out in desperation then he comes from his hiding place and swoops us up in his arms.

Robert I've been born and raised in church I also had major inappropriate content problems. Off and on for most of my life. It got to a point I did not feel God's presence. One day in Shop n Save I said a prayer It was Lord break my heart over my sin show me what it looks like to you.

I can tell you today I am free and His presence is marvelous.

Upvote 0

JasperJackson

Sinner and Saint
Dec 31, 2007
Adelaide
✟16,893.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone for the support, I just dont know what I think. I believe that God will speak to us time and time again to try and save us but eventually there does come a time when he will give up on someone who continually rejects his callings.

I know I sound negative but I am just terrified that I crossed this deadline, a lot of well known pastors agree that this can happen to an individual.

I don't think it's too late for you to be saved (see Luke 15). God is always working to bring Himself to you. He's doing it right now through people on this forum.

Luke 15

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

1Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Upvote 0

JasperJackson

Sinner and Saint
Dec 31, 2007
Adelaide
✟16,893.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Robert,

I also wanted to recommend listening to some of Mark Driscoll's sermons. His church is full of really broken, but repentant people; Christians who thankfully did not believe the lie that they were beyond the power of God's saving grace.

This sermon on the battle between the Spirit and the Flesh would be a good one for you to start with: Mars Hill Church | Galatians | Spirit and Flesh

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,869.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In order for you to be successful as a Christian you need to turn away from temptation. Don't have anything remotely close to tempt you otherwise. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian. Some people do that pretend. You really have to change the way you act before you are going to see change around you. If you have faith you will WANT to change the way things are AND be able to.

From the Book of Concord
For without faith human nature can in no wise do the works of the First or of the Second Commandment. Without faith it does not call upon God, nor expect anything from God, nor bear the cross, but seeks, and trusts in, man's help. And thus, when there is no faith and trust in God all manner of lusts and human devices rule in the heart. Wherefore Christ said, John 15:5: Without Me ye can do nothing

Upvote 0

Meeker

Just A Girl
Jan 10, 2008
Florida
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I read what you posted, I remembered these two stories in the Bible: one is parable of Jesus, and the other is a real event which one of the apostles recorded.

Jesus Parable:

A father had two sons. He went to the first son and asked him to work in the vineyard. The first said "Yes, I will." But he didn't. The father went to the second son and also asked him to work in the vineyard. The second son said "I will not." But later he did. Now which son will the father be more pleased with? Jesus asked his disciples.

The account in Luke: When Jesus was crucified on the cross, two robbers were crucified with Him ,and one, a thief said to Him, "Lord, remember me when you enter your kingdom." "I tell you", said Jesus, "this day you will be with me in paradise."

That means it wasn't too late for the that thief, no matter how old he was, or even though he was about to die.

When God gives us dreams like that. or allows things like that to happen to us, He wants us to be back with Him, not trying to severely punish us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a deadline that can be passed while still on earth. That deadline is when the Holy Spirit knocks on your hearts door for the last time convicting you of your need for salvation. You can either walk away or accept it and invite Jesus into your heart.

A person cannot just get saved anytime they wish to get saved! this is a lie from the devil and putting off salvation is a very dangerous thing to do. Most people are decieved into thinking that they can get saved on their deathbed and while some certainly may there are others who have been exposed to the Gospel time and time and time again, those who have rejected such great light cannot be gaurenteed that the Holy Spirit will still be striving with them at their last dying moment.

It is possible to seal your fate before you die, I dont care what some people might tell you but it can indeed happen. Every time you neglect Gods call to salvation you harden your heart that much more, you can harden it to the point that God will indeed give up on you. If you would like scriptural support on this I can indeed post it here and back it up.

WHAT IS "SINNING AWAY YOUR DAY OF GRACE"? Sinning away your day of grace is saying no to the Holy Spirit for the last time when He knocks on your heart.
The Holy Spirit knocks on the heart of each person who is not saved. When the Holy Spirit knocks on your heart that is called the conviction of the Holy Spirit. When a person is not saved he or she is convicted by the Holy Spirit of their sin and their need of JESUS as their own personal Saviour before conversion.
For some people that conviction of the Holy Spirit can be many times during their lifetime. A person can say no to the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit knocks on their heart. There is a time when the Holy Spirit knocks for the last time and that last time is what is called "YOUR LAST CALL"! After receiving that "last call" and that person rejects that call then that person has sinned away his or her day of grace!
Sinning away your day of grace is similar to the unpardonable sin in that the end result is the same-Hell! To commit the unpardonable sin a person must blaspheme the Holy Spirit by speaking words against the Holy Spirit. To sin away your day of grace you don't have to speak a word at all, you just keep on putting off God in your life. That is the difference. The Holy Bible says in Proverbs 29:1,
"HE THAT BEING OFTEN REPROVED HARDENETH HIS NECK, SHALL SUDDENLY BE DESTROYED, AND THAT WITHOUT REMEDY."
To put off salvation is the most dangerous thing you can do because after sinning away your day of grace the Holy Spirit never again convicts you of your need of JESUS as your own personal Saviour and if the precious Holy Spirit doesn't knock on your heart again that means you can and will never be saved.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I won't listen to some videos some guy is saying, if you have a response, please write it or supply Scripture to support your rebuttals of what we are saying here.

If you would take the time to listen to the videos you would see that everything I am talking about is backed up with scripture.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa. 31-6 - Turn ye unto Him from whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted.

Isa. 44-22 - I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins; return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Isa. 46-8 - Remember this, and show yourselves men; bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

Isa. 55-6 - Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near; 7. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would any one want to put off the amazing life that God has provided to us, seek the Lord while he may be found, seek Godly sorrow and repent:

2Cr 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

2Cr 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

2Cr 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, [what] clearing of yourselves, yea, [what] indignation, yea, [what] fear, yea, [what] vehement desire, yea, [what] zeal, yea, [what] revenge! In all [things] ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Godly sorrow worketh repentance, it will cause us to hate sin may we find it Lord.

one man set free,
Jeffrey

Upvote 0

Bouke285

It's not a sin to be wrong, but be wrong humbly!
Jul 3, 2008
Minnesota
Visit site
✟7,993.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Rev 4: 10-11 the twenty four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever & ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying 11 "you are worthy, O Lord, to recieve glory and honor and power; For you created all things, and by your will they exist and were created.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you realize if you would have passed that point you would not be so concerned about it. You'd be more passive about it then youare. Which shows me that God is still dealing with you Robert. So then one of two things are happening here Either God is dealing with you and you are making excuses for your sin. Whichc will evetually bring youto that point and then you won't care. Or you have been so lied too it isn't funny.

Either way my friend you are not there. Don't get to that point. What that preacher did not sayis it's very hard toget there. and once you are there it won't matter to you at all.

Put those tapes down Robert turn of your computer open the bible and seek Him while He may be found.

Upvote 0

epistemaniac

Mar 4, 2006
north central Indiana
✟1,528.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Piper says, at about the 5 minute mark, that there can be an act of resistance against and is a sin that "belittles" the Holy Spirit the Holy Spirit so grievously that He withdraws from you His convicting power such that one no longer is able to repent... by the sounds of it Robert, you are laboring under a sense of sin, and guilt, and condemnation for the sins you have committed and for neglecting to turn to God for salvation earlier in your life.... these are not the marks of a person who is no longer able to repent, but is instead someone who is being called by the Holy Spirit to repent of your sins and turn to God. I had a friend some years ago who said the same sorts of things you are saying as an excuse to continue sinning, I hope, in your case, that you are sincerely hoping that you can turn to Godd for your salvation and the issue is a serious doctrinal question, and not an attempt to justify to yourself that you are beyond the reach of God and therefore might as well go right on sinning...

Piper closes his sermon with these hopeful words of warning:

"Instead, many professing Christians today have such a sentimental view of God's justice that they never feel terror and horror at the thought of being utterly forsaken by God because of their persistence in sin. They have the naïve notion that God's patience has no end and that they can always return from any length and depth of sin, forgetting that there is a point of resistance which belittles the Holy Spirit so grievously that he withdraws forever with his convicting power, leaving them never able to repent and be forgiven. They are like the buzzard who spots a carcass on a piece of ice floating in the river. He lands and begins to eat. He knows it is dangerous because the falls are just ahead. But he looks at his wings and says to himself, "I can fly to safety in an instant." And he goes on eating. Just before the ice goes over the falls he spreads his wings to fly but his claws are frozen in the ice and there is no escape—neither in this age nor the age to come. The Spirit of holiness has forsaken the arrogant sinner forever.
The Offer of Grace: Repent and Be Forgiven
You have heard the warning. Now hear the offer of grace. "All sins will be forgiven the sons of men and whatever blasphemies they utter." I urge you in the name of Christ: if by God's grace you can repent today of your sin, do it now, because you may not be able to tomorrow."

So Robert you have some signs of being convicted of sin, otherwise you would not be posting on a Christian forum and asking these questions, but don't use your initial thoughts as an excuse to go on sinning, it also looks like you are teetering on the edge of the point of no return, where you will say to yourself "that's it, I am not going to even try any more... I don't care... I have rejected God for so long that now, I just don't care if I sin, if I die, or if I go to hell...." and your fate will be sealed. But for now, it doesn't sound as if you have uttered blasphemies against the Holy Spirit in such a way as to move yourself beyond the point of no return. Piper says

"If we blaspheme and reject the Father and the Son, there is still hope, for the Spirit may yet work within us to humble us and bring us to repentance. But if behind the Father and the Son we see and taste the power of the Holy Spirit and reject his work as no more precious than the work of Satan, we shut ourselves off from the only one who could ever bring us to repentance. And so we shut ourselves off from forgiveness."

Yes you did not come to Christ for salvation long ago when you felt you should have, but that does not mean that you thought of the work of the Holy Spirit as being no more precious then the work of Satan.

blessings,
ken

Last edited:
Upvote 0