Too interesting not to share: what if your pet could talk to you?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Think: this is only the first half -- what if we could talk to our pets? Would we tell them about God?

Dogs can't speak human. Here's the tech that could change that.

Recent advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning suggest the longstanding dream of being able to converse with animals — in a limited fashion — could become a reality.

With the help of AI, scientists are learning how to translate animals’ vocalizations and facial expressions into something we can understand. Recent advances include an AI system that listens in on marmoset monkeys to parse the dozen calls they use to communicate with each other and one that reads sheep’s faces to determine whether an animal is in pain.

Taking note of the research, an Amazon-sponsored report on future trends released last summer predicted that in 10 years, we’ll have a translator for pets.

WHAT PRAIRIE DOGS HAVE TO SAY
Dr. Con Slobodchikoff, a professor emeritus of biology at Northern Arizona University and the author of “Chasing Doctor Dolittle: Learning the Language of Animals," is on the vanguard of animal communication. More than 30 years studying prairie dogs have convinced him that these North American rodents have a sophisticated form of vocal communication that is nothing less than language.

The prairie dogs make high-pitched calls to alert the group to the presence of a predator. Slobodchinoff discovered that those calls vary according to the type of the predator as well as its size. The animals can combine their calls in various ways and can even use them to indicate the color of a nearby human’s clothing.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
“You are a parrot”

A: I am A.
B: I am A.
A: You are B.
B: You are B.
A: Are you learning speaking like a parrot?
B: Are you learning speaking like a parrot?
A: You
B:You
A: You are another parrot learning speaking from a parrot.
B: You are another parrot learning speaking from a parrot.
A:You are another parrot learning speaking from a parrot.
B:I am the master of the first speaking parrot.
A: whom do You learn speaking from?
B: from myself.
A: What is the first speaking you learn?
B: “You are a parrot”.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The animals can combine their calls in various ways and can even use them to indicate the color of a nearby human’s clothing.

I wonder why a prairie dog would be interested in the color of a persons clothing.

Upvote 0