Visit site
✟18,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have myself in a bit of a rut and just want to be able to discuss it somewhere and somehow.

I'm training to be a music teacher and the work load is heaving! I'm in school from 8 - 5 and then I'm working after that on lesson plans and dont get to bed until midnight! I think get up at 6 and get ready,,,, I have hardly any time for God and if I do before I go to be i end up falling asleep and if I do in the morning I'm always really tired and then have the fear that I'm running late and will miss my bus into school!

I've got a few things on my mind that I know God wants to reveal to me more. And when I do give God time I end up crying cus I know that I should be spending more time with him and I wonder if I'm doing his will at all! Church really touches me regularly but I really do feel that I'm so not allowing God into my life fully. There are so many things confusing me and frustrating me that I really need to talk to God about and yet cant cus I have not time! The only reason I'm on here is to ask these questions that are burning me at the moment - I'm in the library doing work!

What can I do?

Erica
xxx

Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord dealt with me about something simular. I think no matter how much you have to do, unless you made a specific appointment, you should pray or atleast spend time with the Lord. Keep Him first in your life. You need to start or you will never have time. The more you procrastinate the harder it will be to actually spend time with God. You don't have to spend hours with the Lord, but set aside amounts of time all throughout the day. You can start with five minuets then gradually increase it. In order to get closer to God you have to keep Him first and spend time with Him.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
pray/talk to Him when you are getting ready for school or riding the bus or as you get ready for bed. sure it is nice to be able to sit down and give Him your undivided attention but He understands. i have prayed while doing laundry, making beds, cleaning doing dishes--get the idea?

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Someone mentioned in another thread about considering his or her prayer to be more like "talking" to God and can't you do that all the time in your mind and wouldn't you consider that prayer? I mean something like seeing how many roses blooming reminds me of God; or watching somebody almost rear ending somebody in traffic and "just missing" them is God in action again. Almost tripping on my foot and not falling is a "ohhhh thannnnkkkk you God!" because I could've broken my knee cap.
All throughout the day there is God and in music especially! I like to think that's sort of one God's favorite things - it's not too difficult a chore to sort of divide your mind between what you are doing and how you're doing it for God. Talking to him outloud, even while you're driving or singing a hymn while driving, etc.

Quite a few times I've been soo sleepy I would actually fall asleep in the middle of prayer and then a few hours later wake up and think "ooppss" and try to begin at the beginning and then fall asleep again. *blushes* but at least we're all trying. :clap:

Upvote 0

BjBarnett

Viva il Papa!
Mar 18, 2004
Middlesboro, Kentucky
✟19,013.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
As someone suggested before maybe you could pray while your on the bus. i sometimes pray while waiting in traffic jams and stuff. Also evaluate your day. You may be over looking a time where you could pray. maybe you will be able to find some time in between some things.

Above all just hang in there you will be able to find sometime for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Momzilla

Gettin' that old time religion!
Feb 12, 2004
Greenville, SC
✟16,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's very hard sometimes! I'm a mom/wife/attorney/etc., so I know where you're coming from. I agree with the suggestion to have a running conversation with God. Or, you might try "breath prayers", which are a form of brief meditations on God that remind you of his presence in your life. I like to say "Lord, remember me" like the thief on the cross--it's short and it reminds me that God does remember me.

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
I read a book in college called "Too busy NOT to Pray". The title says it all for me!

I'm the type of person who has to be doing something constantly. Idle time just doesnt' sit well with me. I'm totally with you on the "busy" lifestyle. However, on the same token, if I don't take the time to talk and fellowship with God regularly (okay, constantly), then I find myself starting to go absolutely insane! I seriously have such a peace about myself when I am talking with Him.

Keep in mind that you don't have to get down on your knees, have the "praying hands" and close your eyes to talk to God!! He will listen whenever and however you want to talk!

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray without ceasing. Remember to talk with the Lord all day long about the day's events. This doesn't mean we have to pull out a prayer mat or anything like that. Just stay connected as the time allows and practice the presence of God. He is there with you and hasn't left for a single moment and is interested in our day, too. When we can establish a quiet time and retreat to our prayer closet, then that's a good thing too, and could be looked forward to as a planned respite from the hectic activities of a full day.
I don't think God ever tries to make us feel guilty about prayer, but deires to strengthen us in that close relationship of communion in prayer. Something even more helpful and good for softening the heart from a hardening day is a time of praise and worshipful thanksgiving. Sometimes I think that's what Wednesday services are about, as a mid-week lift to the spirit.

Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums