Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have two shows recorded about that. They were on EWTN. (I think I got that right...it's a Catholic channel and I'm not Catholic so I don't usually watch it). I'll get more info on them tomorrow and get back to you. Are you a Lord of the Rings fan?

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not explicitly so. That being said, Tolkien certainly used themes that would have been known within some Catholic traditions of the middle of the 20th century, specifically a "watchmaker God", a mortal world that was degenerate and forever degenerating more, hosts of angelic and semi-angelic beings acting as intermediary forces, a Satan-figure who was already banished from the world long ago and can only act through intermediaries, and the concept that mortal activity actually can make a difference.

However, Middle Earth is not a specific allegory, certainly not the way that Narnia was.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any evidence of this?

You mean, apart from Gandalf dying to save his friends and then being resurrected? And the importance of March 25 and December 25? And the dozens of other bits of generally Christian and specifically Catholic symbolism?

Upvote 0