Toleration Doesn't Cut Both Ways

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The American armed forces exist to defend our nation, not to conduct social science lab experiments in which our troops serve as human subjects. Try telling that to this administration.
The first anniversary of the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” Sept. 20, has come and gone. Now, there is mounting evidence that proves our warnings were not idle chatter. The threat to freedom posed by this radical sexual experiment on our military is real: It is grave and it is growing.

Activists inside and outside our government who pushed the repeal have deployed a smoke screen around the fact that once the military was forced to exalt homosexuality in the ranks, the all-too-foreseen consequence reared its ugly head.

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello people, and God's blessings upon you all. I am in the United States Army, though a medic I have been in Infantry Battalians my entire 6 years so far, and I have to say that the repeal of don't ask don't tell has had no effects on any of us. ANY out here... not morale or in any way shape or form. I thought you would like to hear the point of view from a soldier. Once again, God bless and have a good day.

Reactions: RedDead1981
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello people, and God's blessings upon you all. I am in the United States Army, though a medic I have been in Infantry Battalians my entire 6 years so far, and I have to say that the repeal of don't ask don't tell has had no effects on any of us. ANY out here... not morale or in any way shape or form. I thought you would like to hear the point of view from a soldier. Once again, God bless and have a good day.

Thank you for commenting. And thanks especially for your service! Blessings to you brother! Be safe!

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A lot of us knew this was going to happen, just as we know that tolerance is a one way street. Many of our liberal friends are keen to be tolerant of anything except that which opposes their own sensitivities. Which, by the way, is the very definition of intolerance and bigotry.
Except it is not. Nice try, though, but someone defending their own intolerance by saying other people do it to is a.) a logical fallacy and b.) just weak, dude.

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your service.

May you be safe until you return to your family.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A quick google search of "military chaplains gay marriage" shows the numerous biased omissions in the fluff piece you linked to.

SO the report from the military is a fluff piece?

I don't think the military likes being called soft or biased. You might want to think twice before opening your mouth to say such things.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Touma
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except it is not. Nice try, though, but someone defending their own intolerance by saying other people do it to is a.) a logical fallacy and b.) just weak, dude.
I didn't introduce a logical fallacy, I stated a truth :wave:

Upvote 0