Tolerant leftists clash with pro-free speech supporters...

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep...it was definitely antifa who was causing all the violence in Charlottesville this past summer.

Agreed. I saw the Antifa violence on video.

I didn't think that Antifa were the only violent people in Charlottesville, however.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. I saw the Antifa violence on video.

I didn't think that Antifa were the only violent people in Charlottesville, however.

Correction: you saw the Nazi violence on video.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, but Antifa isn't interested in "speech," as far as I can tell; their modus operandi is violence. To quote Antifa organizer Scott Crow, "we go to cause conflict."
Beyond any doubt, Antifa's version of free speech includes a conflict. But, when the Patriot Prayer members went out to confront the Antifa members, they became the aggressors.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know what I saw. And I don't think Antifa can be accurately described as Nazis, violent though they are.

So do I, and it wasn't antifa who ran over Heather Heyer.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the right to free speech includes the "right" to commit violence. Or to damage property.
For Antifa, or for that matter Patriot Prayer, what you feel doesn't matter. They think that they can, so they ignore what sane people think and do as they please.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For Antifa, or for that matter Patriot Prayer, what you feel doesn't matter. They think that they can, so they ignore what sane people think and do as they please.

When groups commit crimes of violence and property damage, eventually judges will start jailing them. This has already begun in conservative states. In liberal states it will happen when judges themselves begin to be affected.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When groups commit crimes of violence and property damage, eventually judges will start jailing them. This has already begun in conservative states. In liberal states it will happen when judges themselves begin to be affected.
I hope that they do. There is no place in America for violent protest. Whether it is Conservative or Liberal groups.

We can never truly embrace our Constitution until we believe that others have the same exact right to believe as they chose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We can never truly embrace our Constitution until we believe that others have the same exact right to believe as they chose.

Sadly, a lot of people struggle to accept that. Would-be thought police are disturbingly common.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
"Pro free speech supporters"

So is that the spin now - white supremacists "are simply pro-free speech" while people who (for obvious reasons) dislike them are labeled as "intolerant"?
Ringo

Indeed. There's something less than honest about that.

Upvote 0