Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Speak to Your Mountains

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done” (Matthew 21:21, AMP)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Everyone has gone through seasons when the challenges of life feel overwhelming. During those times, it’s easy to be tempted to talk about how bad things are. Maybe you received a bad medical report, or maybe you’re facing a financial obstacle. But the more you talk about something, the bigger it becomes in your mind. Instead, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “No, I am not going to give life to that defeat. I am not going to speak sickness over myself. I’m not going to speak lack. I’m not going to speak fear. I’m choosing a different report. I believe the report of the Lord which says I am blessed. I am favored. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am whole. I’m a victor, not a victim.”

Remember, even if you don’t see how things could ever work out, God does. Speak to those mountains in your life and declare God’s favor over those situations. Instead of talking to God about how big your problems are, talk to your problems about how big your God is! As you speak to your mountains, they will be moved, and you will move forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my spirit. I receive Your strength today and choose to speak to the mountains so I can move forward in the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Are You a “Whoever?”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16, NKJ)

When God sent His Son to earth, He opened the door of salvation to whoever would believe. That means anyone can become a child of His and have everlasting life! Isn’t it good that He didn’t just come to save certain kinds of people? Aren’t you glad He doesn’t have a bunch of rules and conditions for salvation?

Before Jesus came, people had to observe many laws in order to be holy enough to go into God’s temple. They were constantly performing sacrifices to pay for their sins just so they could be around the presence of God. Even then, their sins were only covered up. They were still there. But when Jesus came, He was the final sacrifice. His blood doesn’t just cover our sins; it washes them away! Now, instead of going to the temple to be near God, the Bible says we are the temple, and He chooses to live inside of us!

Today, thank God for His mercy and for extending the gift of salvation to whoever believes in Him. If you’ve never asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, there’s no better way to start the New Year! Choose Him and choose life and start the year off right!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus into this earth so that I can be free. Thank You for opening the door to eternal life. I accept the sacrifice Jesus paid so that I can be free. Come into my heart. I confess that You are my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
He Prepares Your Path

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will go before you and make the crooked places straight...” (Isaiah 45:2, NKJ)

Are you going through a season where you feel like every time you try to move forward, you hit a roadblock? Something happens that throws you off course. Be encouraged today because when you submit your life to the Lord, He promises to go before you. He is preparing a way for you. He is making your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth. You may be going through a difficult time right now, but it’s not the end. It’s only the beginning, and God has equipped you for this journey.

Today, if you feel like you’re in a dry season, don’t look at your circumstances. Look at the promise of God! If you’ll keep speaking words of faith, God promises that He’ll anoint your head with oil and your cup will run over. That means you’ll be refreshed and anointed to do what He’s called you to do. God is preparing your path and equipping you for the journey.

What do you need in order to keep moving forward? Start by checking your attitude. Don’t go around complaining or focused on the negative side of things. Put on an attitude of praise and thanksgiving. Thank Him for making your crooked places straight! Keep your eyes on Him and follow Him forward into the path of victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Lord in heaven, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank you for preparing the path for my life and making my crooked places straight. Thank You for restoring my soul and life and guiding me in everything I do. I submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Walk Through

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me...” (Psalm 23:4, NKJV)

Have you ever gone through something and felt like it was the valley of the shadow of death? During the tough times, it’s easy to get discouraged. But I love what it says in today’s verse, “though I walk through...”

No matter what you are facing today, know this: you are not alone, and you are just walking through. You don’t have to stop and live in the tough times! They are only temporary. I encourage you today; don’t allow fear to paralyze you in the middle of “the valley of the shadow of death.” Remember, God is with you. He is walking beside you. He is strengthening you. He is making a way of escape for you. He is lining up people and situations to bring you out of that tough place into a place of strength and victory.

Today, don’t give up! Press on and walk through! Start to get a vision of your life on the other side. See yourself more loving, more faithful, stronger and more blessed than ever before. As you keep moving forward and walking through, you will get to the other side and walk in the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for walking with me even in the hard times. I trust that You are taking me through my circumstances to a place of victory and strength in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When You’re in Deep

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“They saw the works of the Lord, his wonderful deeds in the deep”
(Psalm 107:24, NIV)

The scripture says is Psalm 107:23, “They that go down to the sea and do business in deep waters, they will see the wonders of God.” Friend, you and I were created to do business in deep waters. In other words, we’re not supposed to have little dreams or little plans. We are supposed to have big dreams. We are supposed to go out into the deep things God has for us.

But understand, when you’re out there in the deep waters, you can’t touch the ground. You can’t see the shoreline, and at times, it can get a little rocky. You may not always see how things are going to work out. But, the scripture tells us that deep calls to deep. In other words, God is the one who has called you to the deep waters. He is with you, and He knows there are deep things on the inside of you. Remember, in deep waters, you are not alone. God is with you, and He’s causing those deep things inside of you to come forth.

If you feel like you are out in the deep today, if you feel like you are overwhelmed, remember, you are in the right place and God is with you. You will see His wonderful deeds in the deep, and you will fulfill the plan He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, I surrender every area of my life to You. I hunger for every single thing You have in store for me. I choose to trust You out in the deep waters knowing that You have good things in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Sacrifice of Praise

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name” (Hebrews 13:15, NKJV)

Have you ever thought about what it means to continually offer up a sacrifice of praise? That word “sacrifice” means that it cost you something. It means doing something when you don’t feel like it. It’s when you say, “God, I’m hurting, but I give You praise.” “God, I’m lonely, but I give You praise.” “God, it wasn’t fair. They did me wrong, but I give You praise.”

When you praise God beyond your feelings, that’s when praise becomes your faith at work. That’s when praise becomes a weapon. Nothing gets God’s attention any more than when you call on Him in your time of trouble. When most people would become negative and bitter, you have a song of praise. You’re thanking God for who He is and what He will do in your life. You’re not talking about how big your problems are; you’re talking about how big your God is!

Today, understand that praise activates God’s power. He commands us to praise because it opens the door to His victory and blessing. No matter what is happening around you, worship Him! Declare His goodness and see His restoration in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, today I choose to praise You. I choose to give You glory no matter what’s happening in the world around me. I know that You are good and faithful, so I give You all the praise in Jesus’ name! Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
How to Start the Day

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud on their beds” (Psalm 149:5, NKJV)

As you woke up this morning, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Did you wake up with a song of praise on your lips?

When we start the day in worship, we start the day connected to Almighty God. When we live a lifestyle of praise, it shows that our faith is constantly in Him. We make glorifying God a priority. It’s not secondary, “Oh, if I have time.” No, you’re always talking about God’s goodness. You’re constantly telling your friends how God has blessed you. In your car, you’re singing songs of praise. At the office, under your breath, you’re thanking God for His favor. You get up in the morning and say, “God, I love You today. I praise You today. Thank You for another beautiful day.” Then, when you go to bed at night, you bless Him for His faithfulness!

Friend, when you have the high praises of God coming out of your mouth, the scripture says Almighty God will go to war against your enemies. Praise precedes the victory, so start the day right and live a lifestyle of praise!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your good and precious promises to me! I choose to receive Your goodness by faith and sing a song of praise to You. I commit the day to You and make praising You a priority. Thank You for working on my behalf in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
He’ll Get You Back on Track

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Show me Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths” (Psalm 25:4, NKJV)

Like most cars today, I have a navigation system. I can program it to take me to a certain location. All along the way, the announcer will give me instructions, “Turn left in a quarter of a mile. Take this freeway three miles. Exit in one mile.” But sometimes I don’t follow the directions. I may miss a turn, stop to get gas or go another way. The announcer doesn’t come on and start yelling at me and say, “What in the world are you doing? I told you to turn left! You ruined my plan.” No, the moment I get off course that GPS system immediately starts recalculating another plan. Within a few seconds, it will give me new directions.

It’s the same way with God. When you have a heart to please Him, you may miss an exit, you may make a wrong turn, but God has already recalculated another route. He’s still going to get you to where you’re supposed to be. He loves you with an everlasting love, and when you seek Him with your whole heart, no matter where you are in life, He’ll get you back on track!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, show me Your path, teach me Your ways. My heart’s deepest desire is to know You and to be known by You. You are my King, and I humbly submit my ways to You. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In Your Midnight Hour

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose” (Acts 16:25–26, NIV)

Paul and Silas were put in jail for spreading the good news. It wasn’t fair. They were beaten with rods without a trial. It was unjust. As they sat in the prison, bloody, bruised and uncomfortable, they began to sing praises to God. As they were singing praises to God, all of the sudden, there was a great earthquake. The prison doors flung open, the chains fell off, and they walked out as free men. What happened? They praised their way to victory!

Friend, if you’re going to live in victory, you have to know how to praise in your midnight hour — when things seem the darkest, when you’re in pain, disappointed, lonely or experiencing a loss. When you praise Him no matter what, that’s when God can enter your situation. That’s when He can break your chains and set you free!

Remember, a sacrifice of praise is when it costs you something, when you don’t necessarily feel like doing it. Praise Him, not because of how you feel, but because He is worthy! Praise Him in your midnight hour and get ready to embrace the freedom He has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, right now I lift my heart to You. I declare that You are worthy to be praised, and Your worth doesn’t change because of my circumstances. I will bless You today and every day. I will bless You in the midnight hour knowing that You are good, and You have victory and freedom in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Embracing Change

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland”(Isaiah 43:19, NIV)

Change is one of the most difficult things for people to face; however, change is inevitable. In fact, Mark Twain once said, “The only person who likes change is a wet baby.” One reason people don’t like change is because they get comfortable with where they are in life. They get used to their friends, job or the place they live. And even if it’s not perfect, they accept it simply because it’s familiar. However, when we are not willing to change, we get stuck in life holding on to what God did in the past instead of growing and moving forward into what God wants to do in the future.

Today, I encourage you to be open to the new things God has in store for you. Always remember that just because God has blessed you where you are doesn’t mean you can just sit back and settle there. God wants to do something new in you and through you. He wants to see you grow, prosper and flourish. Get ready and keep your heart focused on Him. Embrace change and see the blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I humbly come before You and thank You for all You’ve done in my life and all You will do in my future. I submit myself to You and choose to embrace change knowing that You always have good things in store in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Greatest Love of All

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13, NKJV)

In our culture today, so many people are confused about what love is. We love pizza, movies and sports, but we also love our family or spouse. If we look to the Word of God, we see God’s definition of love. First Corinthians 13 tells us that “love is patient and kind. It does not envy, nor boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It does not seek its own way, is not easily angered, and keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not rejoice in evil, but rejoices in the truth. Love believes, hopes and endures. Love never fails.” This is how God responds to us, and this is how we should respond to the people in our lives — with patience, kindness, hope, humility and love. Scripture tells us that God is love, and His character never changes!

Today and every day, know that God loves you with an everlasting love. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He is for you and has a good plan for you. Receive His perfect love today and let Him transform you from the inside out. His love is the greatest love and will last throughout all eternity!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for doing a work in my life. Help me to be more like You. Help me to see others the way You see them and respond in love because You are love. I bless You and honor You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Rest for Your Soul

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”
(Matthew 11:28, NIV)

God wants to give you rest. He wants to refresh and restore your soul — your mind, will and emotions. It’s so easy to get caught up in the “busyness” of life, and before long, your mind, will and emotions are so “spun up” that you can barely think straight! But even in the hustle of life, you can find rest, ease and relaxation. God wants you to enjoy your life. That’s why He tells us to come to Him. God wants to take care of everything that concerns you so that you can find rest in your innermost being.

Imagine how you would feel if someone came up to you today and said, “Give me all of your monthly bills; I’m going to pay them.” You’d get pretty excited, wouldn’t you? But it wouldn’t happen until you did your part to actually hand that person your bills. They can’t pay them for you if you never release them. In the same way, when we release our cares and concerns to God, He promises to take care of them.

Today, choose to release your cares to the Lord. Let Him fill you with His peace and joy. Receive the rest that He promises and enjoy the fulfillment and blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I humbly come to You. I choose to cast my cares on You so that I can live in Your rest. Thank You for Your goodness to me. Help me find ways to share Your goodness with those around me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
TD Jakes - Peace in the Storm - YouTube

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Today's Word with Joel and Victoria

The Pruning Process

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful” (John 15:2, NIV)

In life, we all go through a pruning process. God will prune our lives so that we can bear much fruit. To “prune” means something is cut away, something is removed. In other words, maybe a good friend that you counted on moved to another city. Maybe a business shut down that you were connected to, or a relationship went a different direction.

Friend, God knows what you need in your life in order to grow and flourish. Sometimes when things happen that we don’t understand, we have to just trust that He is working behind the scenes preparing you for increase, preparing you to go to another level. Don’t put a question mark where God has placed a period.

When you’re going through transition, don’t get bitter. Don’t get down and think it’s the end. Don’t start thinking that you’re a failure. Have the attitude, “God, I let this go knowing that it was only temporary provision, and what You have in my future will be greater than what I’m letting go of.” If you will accept the change and stay in faith, God will open new doors. He will bring new opportunities, new friendships, and take you to another level of His glory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for loving me enough to work in my life. Today I release the things I don’t understand into Your hands. I believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You have good things in store for my future. I choose to wait on You and trust You now and forevermore in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Remain in Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5, NIV)

Have you ever thought about the relationship between the branch and the vine? We don’t use these kinds of word pictures very much anymore, but think about it — if the branch is not attached to the vine, it withers and dies. The very life of the branch depends on being attached to the vine. The same thing happens if we try to operate in this life without Jesus. Without Him, we can do nothing. We are cut from our life source. But when you remain in Him by daily connecting with Him through prayer, worship and study of the Word, then your life will be fruitful. You’ll walk in joy and blessing.

I love that this verse says “much fruit,” which means you will have an abundant harvest in your life. God doesn’t want you to just barely get by. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness. Remain in Him today. Choose to make Him top priority, and you’ll see His hand of blessing operating in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for being my source of life. Thank You for Your hand of blessing that is leading and guiding me. I choose to make You the number-one priority in my life. Let my heart hunger only for You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Really Alive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The thief comes only to steal and Kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him. Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Undeserved, Unearned, Unexplainable

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD” (Proverbs 8:35, NKJV)

God loves you and He is for you! He is for your good; He is for your success; He is for your future. He desires for you to have every blessing and every promise declared in His Word. This is what the Bible calls His favor. At some point in our lives, even if we didn’t recognize it, we have all experienced God’s favor. It is simply His undeserved, unearned, unexplainable goodness in your life. God’s favor causes you to reap where you haven’t sown. His favor protects you, promotes you and opens new doors. His favor takes you places you could never go on your own.

Today, I declare over your life that in the coming days and weeks ahead, God is going to unleash His unprecedented favor on you — favor like you’ve never seen before! The key is to stay connected to Him, stay in fellowship with Him through prayer, worship and reading His Word. Let Him direct your steps and mold and shape your character. As you pour yourself out to Him, He will pour out Himself on you! He’ll pour out His grace, mercy and supernatural, undeserved, unearned, unexplainable favor on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and favor in my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I trust that Your plans are to prosper me and give me a future and a hope. I set my mind and heart on You this day and expect to see Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Direction and Protection

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless” (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

God has many ways of pouring out His favor and goodness on our lives. Scripture says that He is your sun and shield. What does the sun do for us? It lights our way, keeps us warm, and nourishes the plants of the earth so that we can have food. Think about that for a moment. The earth is sustained by its relationship to the sun, and God wants to sustain you through your relationship with Him. He wants to give you direction and be your shield of protection against all the fiery darts of the enemy.

In the natural, it’s easy to fall into the trap of relying on the things of this world to direct and protect us. But when we put our trust and hope in our heavenly Father, not only does it enrich our relationship with Him, it opens the door to the supernatural realm. It opens the door to supernatural favor, wisdom, divine connections, new ideas and so much more. When you trust in Him, He shines His light on your path and leads you forward into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I open my heart and mind to You. I choose to put my trust in You and receive Your blessing of direction and protection. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Make Your Move

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness'" (2 Corinthians 12:9a, NKJV)

We all go through seasons of difficulty and face storms in life. But during those times, we have to remember that Almighty God is greater than any struggle we face! He’ll take those challenges and use them to strengthen us, but we have to do our part and take a step of faith toward the victory.

Think about the caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly. When it’s wrapped in its dark cocoon on the backside of some tree, it doesn’t look like it has many options. But inside that cocoon as it becomes a butterfly, it doesn’t just sit and wait for someone to come and let it out. No, that butterfly knows that it has to make a move if it’s going to be set free to fly. In the same way, we have to do something to get out of the confining places we are in. We have to pray, we have to believe, and we have to press through to victory.

Today, no matter what you may be facing, remember His grace is sufficient for you. His strength is made perfect in you. He has given you everything you need to overcome in this life. Now is the time to break free and rise to new levels because He has victory and blessing prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for the strength to make it through any challenge I may face. I choose to put my trust in You. I declare that You are good and faithful. Thank You for equipping me for victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Three Things to do Every Day

1. Expect God's Goodness
2. Recognize God's Goodness
3. Thank God for his Goodness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10, NIV)

Most times, it’s not the big events in life or the big breaks that get us where we need to be, it’s the little things, the daily disciplines that move us forward in the good things God has for us.

I believe there are three things you can do every day that can change the course of your life. Number one, expect God’s goodness. Get up every day looking for God’s favor. Number two, recognize God’s goodness. There are no coincidences, no lucky breaks. It’s all the goodness of God. And number three, always thank God for His goodness. Anytime something good happens, big or little, give God the glory. “Lord, thank You for that parking spot. Lord, thank You for that idea. Lord, thank You for sending me dew in my desert.”

If you do this, I believe and declare that you’re going to come into more of God's goodness; that His blessings are going to come after you. God is going to open up supernatural doors. He’s going to turn negative situations around. Get ready because something good is coming your way! You’re going to fulfill your God-given destiny because He never forsakes those who seek after Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, I do set my heart and mind on You today. I expect Your goodness because I know You are faithful. Every good and perfect thing comes from You. Thank You for Your hand of blessing on every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is Finished

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns (Philippians 1:6, NLT)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

The last thing Jesus said on the cross was, "It is finished." At that moment, it certainly looked like the end. It looked like it was over. But I believe that wasn't just a statement of fact, it was a statement of faith. He was saying to Father God, "I've done My part. I've fulfilled My destiny. Now, I've got total trust and confidence in You that You are going to finish what You started through Me." Even though it looked like the end, in reality, it was only the beginning.

Remember, when things look dark in your own life, dare to make a declaration of faith and say, "It is finished." What you're really saying is, "God, I know You are going to finish what You've begun in my life. You are going to turn things around.

I know that You are giving me the breaks that I need. Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!" Keep looking with your eyes of faith knowing that He is faithful, and He will finish what He's started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You will complete what You've started in my life. Today I choose to put my trust and hope in You knowing that You are working behind the scenes to bring victory to every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen!
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0