Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Get Filled Up!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled”
(Matthew 5:6, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Sometimes, it’s easy to get wrapped up in taking care of the people around us. You may find that you’re always giving, taking care of the children, working overtime at the office, or helping that friend who is struggling. And that’s all good. But if you’re not careful, you can end up feeling rundown. That’s why you have to take time every day to get filled back up. Your first priority should be taking care of yourself and making time to get into the presence of Jesus.

Throughout scripture, we see that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, and fullness of victory. In His presence, you’re refreshed and restored. That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to read your Bible and meditate on His promises. We have to be diligent to have that quiet time with Him.

Today, take time to get alone with God and just say, “God, I love You today. Thank You for my life, for my family, for the opportunities You’ve given me. Lord, I know every good thing comes from You.” When you live like that, with your heart connected to His, you’ll be refreshed, restored, reenergized and filled up for the journey of life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I love You so much today. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I can have a personal relationship with You. Draw me to You. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In All Your Ways

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths”
(Proverbs 3:6, NKJ)

Do you need direction in your life? Ask yourself, “Am I acknowledging God in all my ways?” In other words, is He first place in your life? All throughout the day, we should be acknowledging God, asking for His help, seeking His wisdom, obeying His commands and thanking Him for His goodness.

In the morning, we should wake up and say, “Father, thank You for another beautiful day. I commit this day, my plans and my future into Your hands.” When you start the day like this, you are acknowledging God. He promises to crown your day with success. When you are driving on the freeway say, “Father, thank You for keeping me safe.” At the office say, “Lord, help me to be focused and productive today.” At home, “Father, bless my children.” Before you go to bed, “Lord, thank You for a good night’s rest.” When you’re acknowledging Him in all your ways, He promises to direct your paths. He promises to lead and guide you into paths of peace, joy and everlasting life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I acknowledge You in everything I do today. I invite You to direct my steps. I invite You to search my heart. I surrender every area of my life to You. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Choosing Your Heavenly Heritage

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh"
(Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)

In life, we all have negative things happen to us. We go through situations that are unfair. I know people who were raised in an unhealthy environment. Their parents had issues, and now it's making it much more difficult on them.

But here is what I've learned: when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your blood line changes. No longer are you subject to your earthly heritage, you become subject to your heavenly heritage! His spiritual blessing always overrides the curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and what God has already done, then no matter what someone else has done, no matter how unfair it was, no matter how you were raised, you won't get bitter. You won't live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny!

Today, remember you came from Almighty God. He gave you life. When you choose Him, you are choosing your heavenly heritage of blessing and eternal, abundant life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus' name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Your Heredity Can't Stop Your Destiny

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"…If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31, NIV)

I heard somebody say, "Don't let your heredity stop your destiny." Don't let the way somebody treated you, or what they did or didn't give you keep you from pressing forward and becoming all that God has created you to be. The people who raised you may have had addictions, but that doesn't have to be your future. You can be the one to break that negative cycle. Your parents may have had anger issues or never amounted to much, but you don't have to keep letting that curse be passed from generation to generation. You can be the one to say, "No more. This is a new day! I may have had an unfair past, but I'm not going to have an unfair future. I know that God put a blessing on me before anybody could put a curse, and I'm not going to let my heredity stop my destiny."

Today, know that God is for you. When you choose to put Him first place in your life, then nothing can stop your destiny! Seek Him with a humble heart and break free from the bondages of the past!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for giving me new life. I declare today that no weapon formed against me shall prosper as I daily put You first place in everything that I do in Jesus' name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

You Were Planned

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you…" (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)

What an amazing thought: God knew you before you were even born! He saw your unformed substance and said, "I have a purpose for this life. I have good plans for them!" Then He breathed His life into you and sent you through your mother and father. They may have had issues, but that doesn't have to stop you from becoming all that God intended you to be. You have been handpicked by Almighty God to be here at this time in history!

Sometimes we hear parents say, "We weren't expecting this child. They were a surprise. They were an accident." No, that child may have been a surprise to you, but they weren't a surprise to Almighty God. No child can be born without God breathing His life into them. You may think, "Well, Joel, I was unwanted. I was an unplanned pregnancy." No, you wouldn't be here if God didn't give life to your seed.

In God's eyes, there is no such thing as being illegitimate. Remember, He knew you before you were ever born! Find confidence in His love knowing that you are a person of destiny, and you are part of His mighty plan!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing me before I was ever born. Thank You for knowing me and revealing Yourself to me. I trust that You are working in my life today, even when I can't see it. I stand in faith knowing that You have a mighty plan for me in Jesus' name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Way to Enter

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name” (Psalm 100:4, NKJ)

What a wonderful privilege we have to enter boldly to His throne of grace. I’m so glad we serve a personal God who desires a relationship with you and me. I’m so glad we have access to Him 24 hours a day, seven days a week! But notice, today’s verse tells that we shouldn’t just come any old way to God. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What do we have that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We are to enter His gates with an offering from our hearts of adoration because He is so worthy!

We have to understand, praise isn’t just about singing songs on Sunday mornings. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to Father God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise gets God’s attention. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits our praises! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances; and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!
:amen:

Father God, You alone are worthy of my praise! Today I declare that You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! Have Your way in my life by the power of Your precious Holy Spirit. I honor You today and submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Always Thank Him for Victory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJ)

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God promises to always lead us into victory? That means no matter what you are facing today, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way! You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback, and you can plan for victory because He is leading and guiding you in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Right this Way!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and He delighteth in his way.” (Psalm 37:23, KJV)

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord! Many people today might find it difficult to see themselves as “good” in the eyes of God, but did you know that in the original Greek, this word means “strong” like a warrior? In other words, when you stand strong, when you are willing to fight the good fight of faith, you are giving God something to work with. He is ordering your steps. He’s making a way when there seems to be no way. He’s clearing a path for you, and He is delighting in you. That means He is pleased with your attitude of courage. He is pleased that you are taking a stand for what is right. He is pleased that you are putting Him first place and relying completely on Him.

Remember, God loves your passion for Him. He loves it when you come boldly to His throne of grace. He is honored when you stand and fight the good fight of faith. If you are facing difficulty today, know that God wants to lift you up and give you His strength. Receive it by faith today. Dig your heels in knowing that He is ordering your steps; and when God is leading you, He’s always leading you in the path of victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me Your supernatural joy and strength. I choose to stand strong in You no matter what is going on around me. I choose Your ways and thank You for ordering my steps. I bless You and praise You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Loading Up

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits...” (Psalm 68:19, NKJ)

This morning when you woke up, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Maybe you have a deadline to meet or a to-do list a mile long. Maybe you are facing a challenge or going through a difficulty in a relationship that’s consuming your thoughts.

Today, I want to encourage you, instead of focusing on what your circumstances have to offer, focus on what God has to offer you. His mercies are new every morning, and His compassion never fails. He has victory in store for you today. He has provision in store for you today. He has joy in store for you today, and He has peace in store for you today. He daily loads you with benefits!

The key to “loading up” these daily benefits is setting your focus in the right direction. You can’t wait to see how you feel, what kind of mood your spouse is in, or what the traffic is like. No, you have to set your focus by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I am blessed and cannot be cursed! I know God is directing my steps and something good is going to happen to me today!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to focus on You. I open my heart and mind to receive Your daily benefits. Show me ways to be a blessing to others and use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Called to Excellence

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men”
(Colossians 3:23, NIV)

In today’s society, many people have accepted mediocrity as the norm. They do as little as they can to get by, always looking for the easy way out. If the boss isn’t watching, they’re playing on the computer. They simply go to work to pick up a paycheck, then wonder why they’re not promoted and don’t see increase. It’s because God doesn’t bless mediocrity; He blesses excellence.

Whatever we do, we should do it to the best of our ability and set the standard. Remember, you are ultimately working for the Lord. He’s the one who put those talents and abilities in you. You are a steward of the gifts He’s given. Other people may show up late. They may complain. They may cut corners. But don’t sink down to their level — you are working for Almighty God. You are called to excellence!

I encourage you today, stay determined. Stay focused. Whether you’re a waitress, a truck driver, an architect, a police officer or a CEO, do it to the best of your ability. God is the one who brings promotion. When you set the standard, He will raise you up and pour out His blessing all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose a path of excellence. I recognize that the work I do is for You. Keep me close to You by the power of the Holy Spirit and help me to rise up higher in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

God is not sloppy - Joel Osteen - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So that You May be Healed

double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective”
(James 5:16, NIV)[/FONT]

divider-02.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All throughout scripture, we see that God’s system is based on sowing and reaping. In other words, what you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. The same is true when we pray for others. When we focus on doing God’s work, when we yield ourselves to His purposes, then He is able to do a work in us. When we pray for others, we receive His healing power in our lives as a result.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today, look for ways to reach out to others. There’s always someone in your path that needs what you have. Pray for others in the precious name of Jesus according to the Word of God. Listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and quickly obey. Keep your heart open and be willing to be used by Him. Let His healing virtue flow through you and in you so that you may healed.[/FONT]

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Father in heaven, I yield myself to You today. Search me and know my heart. Use me for Your glory. Let me be a beacon of Your love and light everywhere I go. Show me who to pray for and let Your healing virtue flow through me in Jesus’ name. Amen.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] — Joel & Victoria Osteen[/FONT]

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Know Him as Father

double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father’ ” (Romans 8:15, NIV)[/FONT]

divider-02.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of the living God, that He came to earth, lived a sinless life, died for our sins and rose again on the third day, then you have a new relationship with God. He becomes your Savior. People receive this truth and know God as the all-powerful, all-mighty Creator of the universe — the King of kings and the Lord of lords. And, He is all of that and worthy of our praise! But, many people don’t realize how personal God wants to be with you. He doesn’t just want you to see Him as living far off, He wants you to know Him as a close, loving and gentle Father — your Daddy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you didn’t have a good father growing up, don’t let that taint the image of who your heavenly Father is. He is merciful. He is forgiving. He is loving. Let the Word of God show you how good and faithful He is. Get to know Him in a more personal way. Talk to Him on a daily basis. Remember, you don’t have to go through anybody else to talk to God. You have a direct line. Know Him as your Savior, know Him as your Lord, know Him as your Father, and know His love in a new way.[/FONT]

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]God, I want to know You more today. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You. Show me Your love and Your grace. I surrender every area of my heart, mind, will and emotions to You, my Father in Jesus’ name. Amen.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When You Make a Mistake

double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9, NKJV)[/FONT]

divider-02.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When we make mistakes in life, there are three main things that we need to do. Number one, ask for forgiveness. Number two, receive God’s mercy. And number three, move forward with your life. Let it go and press ahead. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So many people today are still beating themselves down over something they did five years ago. They’ve asked God to forgive them a thousand times, but can’t let it go. They go around living depressed, defeated and feeling unworthy. If that’s you, realize today the price has already been paid. The first time you asked God to forgive you, He forgave you. Now you’ve got to receive God’s mercy and press ahead. That mistake did not change who you are to God. My children have never once gotten up in the morning as an Osteen and then done something wrong and gone to bed that night with a different last name. No matter what they did, they’re still my children. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may have made mistakes today, but because of the blood of Jesus, you are still your Father’s child. You are still the apple of God’s eye. You are still His most prized possession. God may not be pleased with every action, but He is pleased when you receive His forgiveness by faith![/FONT]

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Father, thank You for the blood of Jesus which cleanses me from all unrighteousness. Thank You for forgiving me and restoring me. I choose to forget the past and move forward into all that You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Get Your Joy Back!

double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:16–18, NIV)[/FONT]
divider-02.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Did you know that it is God’s will for you to be joyful always? God wants you to be happy and carefree. He wants you to love your life no matter what your circumstances look like. In fact, when you have joy in the midst of difficult circumstances, it’s the evidence that you have faith and trust that God is going to bring you through. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God’s supernatural joy is strength. When you have His joy, you can stand strong no matter what’s going on around you. You might say, “Joel, I’m just not a real jovial person. I’m more serious. I never laugh much.” I realize God made us all differently, but you can train yourself to laugh more. I read where the average child laughs over 200 times a day, but the average adult only laughs 4 times a day. What’s happened? We’ve allowed the pressures of life, stress and more responsibilities to, little by little, steal our joy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make the decision today to get your joy back. Decide that you are going to look beyond your problems and look to God to see you through. Ask Him every day to fill you with His supernatural peace and joy so that you can live in His strength and victory all the days of your life![/FONT]

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Heavenly Father, I humbly receive Your Word today. I choose to open my heart to You and invite You to fill me with Your joy and strength. Thank You for showing me Your goodness and empowering me with Your grace. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It’s About the Way You Finish

double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7, NIV)[/FONT]
divider-02.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So often, when people make mistakes, they get down on themselves and think, “If only...” “I should have...” “What if...?” It’s easy to feel like you’ve missed the best plan for your life. That’s when people get discouraged and stop pursuing their God-given dreams. But understand today, just because you’ve made a mistake or failed in some way, that doesn’t cancel God’s plan. God never disqualifies you. He never says, “Go sit on the sidelines. You’ve blown it too many times. You’ve got too many weaknesses.” No, God always gives you another chance! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some of the great people in the Bible made very poor choices. The apostle Paul started off as a murderer, yet his destiny was bigger than his mistakes. He ended up becoming a great leader and writing over half of the New Testament. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What am I saying? Our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish. Receive His grace today and embrace the bright future He has in store for you![/FONT]

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy to me. I trust that my days are ordered of You. I ask that You strengthen and empower me to fulfill Your call on my life. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Failure is Not Final

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]“...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead” (Phillipians 3:13, NIV)[/FONT]
divider-02.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Are you down on yourself today because of past mistakes you’ve made or because you’re not where you want to be in life? God knows every poor choice, every difficulty, every wrong turn you may have made, and He’s already planned your comeback! In scripture, Jonah took a detour, so to speak. It took him a little bit longer, but because he called out to God, because he believed, God not only rescued him, but God got him to his final destination. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Friend, know today that failure is not final. God always has the final say. Mistakes don’t have to keep you from your destiny. God’s plan can override every setback. Your world may be in turmoil today in a relationship, in your finances or health. But know this: not only will God rescue you; He will set your feet on a rock and lead you to your final destination in life. Remember, the promise He placed on the inside of you didn’t go away because you had some personal failures. No, that failure is only temporary but His Word remains forever! Keep hoping, keep believing because He will move you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you![/FONT]

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Father God, thank You for Your hand of victory and blessing that is on my life. Today, I shake off the past, I shake off failure, I shake off poor choices and trust that You are restoring me and leading me into the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen![/FONT]

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Perfect toward Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I will walk within my house with a perfect heart” (Psalm 101:2, NKJ)
divider-02.gif

This time of year, people often take time to reflect and set goals for the New Year. But have you ever set “perfection” as a goal on your list?

Now, that may seem a little strange or unobtainable to many, but really, in God’s eyes perfection isn’t about performance. In fact, it isn’t about behavior at all. What God is looking for is a heart that is perfect toward Him. Scripture says that man looks on the outside, but God looks at the heart. That means that He is more pleased with someone who has a heart toward Him who may mess up than He is with someone doing all the right things for all the wrong reasons.

The condition of your heart is extremely important to God. When you have a right heart, you are humble before Him. You seek His ways. You get up each day with a desire to please Him. You submit every area of your life to Him, and you are willing to make adjustments and receive correction so you can grow and come up higher.

As you prepare for the coming year, make knowing Him your number one priority. Yield yourself to Him and let Him shape your character. Serve Him with all your might and let your heart be perfect toward Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for all of Your blessings in my life. I declare today that You are good and thank You for Your mercy. I set my heart and mind on You and ask that You have Your way in me. Help me to love You perfectly and keep me close to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joe

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
All Things Are Possible

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible’ ” (Matthew 19:26 NIV)

Are you facing something today that seems impossible? With man it may be, but with God, ALL things are possible. If you seem to be in an impossible situation, get “with God!”

Sometimes it’s so easy to focus on our problems and try to solve them in our own strength. But remember, the battle belongs to the Lord. He has a plan for your victory. He has a plan to give you a way out. He is making the things that seem impossible, possible. You can trust Him today. The Bible says that He has plans for your good, not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Start believing and confessing today, “I am with God, and with God all things are possible!” Are your bills piling up? With God, all things are possible. Do your relationships need healing? With God, all things are possible. Is there sickness in your body? With God, all things are possible! As you meditate on God’s Word, His power is activated in your life. He will strengthen you and lead you forward into that place of victory He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for making a way where there seems to be no way. I choose to trust You, and I believe that all things are possible! Show me Your power today. Work through me to encourage those around me to trust You more in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Upvote 0