Today's conflict between Cain and Abel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra

Mar 3, 2003
Visit site
✟205.00
 TODAY’S CONFLICT BETWEEN CAIN AND ABEL
The conflict between Cain and Abel is by no means over. In fact, today it is stronger than ever, and it seems that Cain is gaining the upper hand. We know from Scripture that Cain did gain the upper hand and murdered His brother Abel. However, he paid dearly for it.
What is the conflict between Cain and Abel today? The same at it was in the beginning and has always been:

I can BELIEVE that God has given me HIS RIGHETOUSNESS as a free gift because of His GRACE, and because my own righteousness is “filthy rags”, OR I can IMAGINE that I can somehow “establish my own righteousness” Romans 10:3)and win God’s approval.

Abel believed God and it was IMPUTED to him for righteousness. Abraham believed God and it was IMPUTED to him for righteousness. David believed God and it was IMPUTED to him for righteousness. I believed God and it was IMPUTED to me for righteousness. Whosoever believes God, it is IMPUTED to him for righteousness.

Whosoever DOES NOT BELIEVE GOD, it is NOT IMPUTED for righteousness. Cain did not believe God, and as a result “in the process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the FRUIT OF THE GROUND an offering unto the Lord” (Genesis 4:3). This was not an act of faith, but an act of UNBELIEF.

Now there was already A CURSE on the ground and a CURSE on the labour of man (Genesis 3:17-19). Adam would have taught both his sons this fact. This curse speaks of the curse on all human efforts to please God. Because of Adam and Eve’s disobedience, the curse of sin and death had already passed upon the human race (Genesis 2:17; Romans 5:12-19). Therefore it was IMPOSSIBLE for the labour of Cain’s hands to please God, just as it was impossible for the “law-keeping” of the Jews to please God, and just as it is impossible today to DO anything at all to please God.

What was the outcome of Cain’s unbelief? “But unto Cain and to his offering He [God] had no respect [no acceptance, no regard]. And Cain was very wroth [furious], and his countenance fell. And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? And why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.”

On the other hand, how did Abel express his FAITH in God? “And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof [having sacrificed them]. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering “ (Genesis 4:4). God taught Adam and Eve that “the seed of the woman” – the virgin-born Lamb of God who was to come to this earth – was the only way back to Him. In the meantime animal sacrifices would point to the true Lamb of God, therefore Adam and Eve were clothed with IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS when “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them” (Genesis 3:21). Animals were sacrificed for the sake of Adam and Eve, therefore animal sacrifices were what Abel brought to the Lord, seeing by faith that the Lamb of God had already been slain from the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8).

Therefore we read (Hebrews 11:4)"By FAITH Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which HE OBTAINED WITNESS THAT HE WAS RIGHTEOUS, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh."

Yet, the Jews, who read the books of Moses constantly, could not understand this simple truth. “For they BEING IGNORANT of God’s righteousness and GOING ABOUT TO ESTABLISH THEIR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.” (Romans 10:3).

They could not see the Lamb of God in all their daily sacrifices. They still cannot see the Lamb of God, even after they are saved. They still desire to please God with their "law-keeping". Neither can the bulk of humanity, who with their false religions still go about attempting to “establish their own righteousness”. However, thus saith the Lord: "THE JUST [THOSE WITH IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS] SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" (Hebrews 10:38).

Status
Not open for further replies.