Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I pray the opposite, that folks who are good & honest Bible-believing Christians will do what is right & not vote for Roy Moore. Unfortunately I think Satan is going to be enjoying himself today as folks do the exact opposite & vote for Moore.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying all day today (12th) for a Roy Moore victory. Praying those who support Moore will get their votes in.

Praying praying praying WITH you, in Jesus name!!!

Amen and amen!!!

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If there was another candidate in the running --- solid Republican, great experience and credentials, accused in a sex scandal ----- but black --- would he have got this far?
...not in Alabama...

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's unfortunate that the concept of due process has been so trampled.

If something will not be taken to/resolved in court, I feel someone is still owed a similar due process:

I feel that if a person admits their guilt (plead guilty), then they face the consequences of guilt.

If a person refuses to admit guilt but then undeniable proof is provided (i.e. the pics of Franken fondling that he admits are real), then that person can face the consequences of guilt.

If the person is insisting on their innocence, and collaborating proof that would convince a skeptic is not provided otherwise, the person deserves due process - he deserves a chance to face his accusers, question them & etc.

I don't know what the proof about Conyers was - didn't follow the story very closely, but I really hope he did not resign short of convincing proof if he wasn't admitting guilt.

Franken should promptly resign now given his acknowledging apology and the pics that he doesn't dispute.

I think Roy Moore deserves his day in court (allegorically, since the claims are too old to prosecute) since the evidence against him seems kind of strange, the other side is refusing to produce it (and the supposed signature is suspect) and one of his accuser's own families are publicly saying the accusation is baloney based on certain things the person has said.

Also, I would like ALL settlements that congresspeople have paid out to be published, both amounts and nature of allegations that were settled. Settlements are a bit further into the process of admitting guilt, to my opinion.

If I lived in AL, I would vote for Roy Moore given his long track record on the issues and the many elections he has stood for where none of this came forward. Some of those elections where quite contentious.

The circumstances behind these allegations suddenly being suddenly unearthed now, are suspect. Why now (when he is being opposed by both establishments) but not then? I think it's a bunch of dirty tricks against him because of the shady evidence being presented, but would be willing to change my mind if convincing proof were presented. Until then, in the absence of convincing proof, I think he deserves the concept of due process.

Also, the DNC has roused up false accusations of sexual misconduct on high profile candidates in the past, so it seems like more of their same old, same old playbook. To my recollection, Axelrod was involved in perpetrating a made up smear campaign similar to the one launched against Moore now, until certain press outlets tracked down that all of the accusers at one time lived in Axelrod's building.

To my mind, the "evidence" against Moore presented throws quite a bit of doubt on the claims - more so than if there hadn't been any evidence at all.

I try not to let my affinity to one person's politics or notr affect my judgement of the cold, hard evidence.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there was another candidate in the running --- solid Republican, great experience and credentials, accused in a sex scandal ----- but black --- would he have got this far?

That's a very ugly pejorative.... as a hypothetical, no one can refute it with the facts of the situation. A very cheap tactic.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I pray the opposite, that folks who are good & honest Bible-believing Christians will do what is right & not vote for Roy Moore. Unfortunately I think Satan is going to be enjoying himself today as folks do the exact opposite & vote for Moore.

Dozens of ministers in Alabama have publicly expressed a sentiment aligned with yours:
Ministers sign letter saying Roy Moore 'not fit for office'

Even before the recent allegations of sexual abuse, Roy Moore demonstrated that his extremist values and actions are not consistent with traditional Christian values or good Christian character. He and politicians like him have cynically used Christianity for their own goals. But Roy Moore does not speak for Christianity, and he acts in ways that are contrary to our faith.

This is a direct link to the letter in its entirety: An Open Letter From Alabama Pastors About Roy Moore | Groundswell

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a bit too soon to shout out hallelujah, but it appears that some of our prayers may have been answered. My nurse (I'm currently in the hospital a wee bit under the weather) just told me that a few minutes ago it was announced that Roy Moore lost to Democrat Doug Jones.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's a bit too soon to shout out hallelujah, but it appears that some of our prayers may have been answered. My nurse (I'm currently in the hospital a wee bit under the weather) just told me that a few minutes ago it was announced that Roy Moore lost to Democrat Doug Jones.

:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well, we lost that one ;in Alabama, but conservatives did win 2 out of the three congressional offices that were vacant in 2017. Maybe Jones will change his liberal views.

Stay encouraged my fellow conservative brothers/sisters in the Lord. We have gained many victories since the General elections.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, we lost that one ;in Alabama, but conservatives did win 2 out of the three congressional offices that were vacant in 2017. Maybe Jones will change his liberal views.

Stay encouraged my fellow conservative brothers/sisters in the Lord. We have gained many victories since the General elections.

I'm a conservative & am encouraged by Roy Moore losing. He was a complete disgrace & it would have been downright shameful if he'd won. Praise the Lord that did not happen. I think the smart Republicans are figuring out that they need to distance themselves from Trump (he backed 3 losers in a row) & his toxic, unbiblical ways. So I think Moore's loss will lead to decent Republicans having a better chance of staying in office down the road.

Upvote 0