Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!’ (Isaiah 5:20)

In the Church, today is the feast of St. Dominic Savio. For the secular world, it is “Abortion Provider Appreciation Day.” Recognize this day however it seems most appropriate.

The Abortion Access Front is choosing to celebrate abortionists with a children’s game. Abortion Bingo sound like fun? Nothing sounds more like a party game than doling out death to the unborn across the country.

I love the obfuscation of naming your abortion clinic using words like “The Hope Clinic” or “Trust Women” or “Care Colorado.”

Nothing says hope, trust and care like abortion, am I right? And notice they never use the word abortion in their name.

Continued below.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In addition to St. Dominic, perhaps Eastern Catholics might also ask for the prayers of the Early Christian martyrs commemorated in the Byzantine Rite Synaxarium on March 10th, and also of St. Mary, our glorious Lady Theotokos, the very Mother of God as affirmed by the Third Ecumenical Council in 435 AD.

From the Synaxarium we find the following Martyrs of the Early Church commemorated on 3/10:

Martyr Codratus (Quadratus) and with him Martyrs Cyprian, Dionysius, Anectus, Paul, Crescens, and Dionysius (another), at Corinth (258).

Martyrs Codratus, Saturninus, and Rufinus, of Nicomedia (3rd c.).

Martyrs Victorinus, Victor, Nicephorus, Claudius, Diodorus, Serapion, Papias, and others, at Corinth (251 or 258).

I have posted the above largely for the benefit of my friend @Reader Antonius who is Latin Rite but often serves at Byzantine Rite parishes, and in solidarity with my friend @Michie who blesses us with all of these useful posts and has great expertise in moral theology.

These martyrs of course predate the schism with the Eastern Orthodox and the Oriental Orthodox and the Church of the East, so in the spirit of ecumenical unity the Seperated Brethren as the Roman Catholic Church calls them could join in seeking their intercession, and that of the Blessed Virgin Mary. For it is imperative that other Christians rally to support the Roman Catholic Church in its role as the tip of the spear in the struggle against the vile infanticidal practices euphemistically called “abortion.”

By the way, since people have been successfully prosecuted in the US for double homicide when murdering a pregnant woman, it is hugely inconsistent that abortions are not also reviled as murder on a more universal scale.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael70

Oct 15, 2022
lewiston
✟8,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In addition to St. Dominic, perhaps Eastern Catholics might also ask for the prayers of the Early Christian martyrs commemorated in the Byzantine Rite Synaxarium on March 10th, and also of St. Mary, our glorious Lady Theotokos, the very Mother of God as affirmed by the Third Ecumenical Council in 435 AD.

From the Synaxarium we find the following Martyrs of the Early Church commemorated on 3/10:

Martyr Codratus (Quadratus) and with him Martyrs Cyprian, Dionysius, Anectus, Paul, Crescens, and Dionysius (another), at Corinth (258).

Martyrs Codratus, Saturninus, and Rufinus, of Nicomedia (3rd c.).

Martyrs Victorinus, Victor, Nicephorus, Claudius, Diodorus, Serapion, Papias, and others, at Corinth (251 or 258).

I have posted the above largely for the benefit of my friend @Reader Antonius who is Latin Rite but often serves at Byzantine Rite parishes, and in solidarity with my friend @Michie who blesses us with all of these useful posts and has great expertise in moral theology.

These martyrs of course predate the schism with the Eastern Orthodox and the Oriental Orthodox and the Church of the East, so in the spirit of ecumenical unity the Seperated Brethren as the Roman Catholic Church calls them could join in seeking their intercession, and that of the Blessed Virgin Mary. For it is imperative that other Christians rally to support the Roman Catholic Church in its role as the tip of the spear in the struggle against the vile infanticidal practices euphemistically called “abortion.”

By the way, since people have been successfully prosecuted in the US for double homicide when murdering a pregnant woman, it is hugely inconsistent that abortions are not also reviled as murder on a more universal scale.
Who could the "mother of Harlots" be? Who would be the Harlots? (the mothers children). Remember the devil was let loose, (Revelation 12) after the Lamb was slain. After the New Testament, 150 years, EWho controlled the narrative? The bible was not printed until the 1500's, then there was one copy in each church. Who controlled the narrative? his, (the ruler of this world) best tool, is our Vanity for this world. The message of Jesus is for the next world. Follow Christ. May he come quickly!!!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Who could the "mother of Harlots" be? Who would be the Harlots? (the mothers children). Remember the devil was let loose, (Revelation 12) after the Lamb was slain. After the New Testament, 150 years, EWho controlled the narrative? The bible was not printed until the 1500's, then there was one copy in each church. Who controlled the narrative? his, (the ruler of this world) best tool, is our Vanity for this world. The message of Jesus is for the next world. Follow Christ. May he come quickly!!!
This is a Catholic forum. Please follow the rules. Thanks

Upvote 0