NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
The hope of Heaven (for those of us who have repented of our sins and accepted the Lord Jesus's death in our place) and this wonderful song so beautifully performed by Mark Lowry and the other singers and musicians.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
The fact that we can 'belong' in Heaven (as referred to in the song in #2284 above) is because the Lord Jesus offers us what we do not deserve - peace with God by taking the punishment for our sins. Thank you Jesus. :bow:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been thinking about this for the last several hours and give thanks that this world is not my home. I'm a Christian, and my home is in heaven. As Christians, we are just passing through this short life, and we should know this time is like a moment compared to eternity with our Lord Jesus Christ in our real home. I love the fact that we serve a living Lord and Saviour. I like to think about this portion of Scripture often:

(Revelation of John 21:4 [KJV]) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

• Winner
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like listening to good Christian music, and I'm listening to some now. CBN is free 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I like to listen to it as I'm posting on the forums or doing other things on my computer. Just leave the CBN tab on your browser open, and you can go to other sites and keep listening. One of my favorites is Southern Gospel, but you can choose from a variety at Christian Broadcasting Network:

Southern Gospel Radio

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I've been thinking about this for the last several hours and give thanks that this world is not my home. I'm a Christian, and my home is in heaven. As Christians, we are just passing through this short life, and we should know this time is like a moment compared to eternity with our Lord Jesus Christ in our real home. I love the fact that we serve a living Lord and Saviour. I like to think about this portion of Scripture often:

(Revelation of John 21:4 [KJV]) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
I agree Tom, and was thinking about that verse when I posted the song above. :) It will be so good there - praise God! :bow:

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I like listening to good Christian music, and I'm listening to some now. CBN is free 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I like to listen to it as I'm posting on the forums or doing other things on my computer. Just leave the CBN tab on your browser open, and you can go to other sites and keep listening. One of my favorites is Southern Gospel, but you can choose from a variety at Christian Broadcasting Network:

Southern Gospel Radio
Thank you for the info Tom. :) I've saved it to my favourites. I love some CBN programmes especially the 700 Club and Superbook.

Today I'm grateful for having recently bought another Gaither Vocal Band DVD - Better Day. I love those guys - both past and present members. :)

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Today, I am thankful that I didn't get seriously injured (and possibly killed) last night. ^_^
Praise God! It sounds like something really serious was averted Jonaitis.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Praise God! It sounds like something really serious was averted Jonaitis.

Praise God! He is good and wise, and protects us by his providential hand! Let's just say my vehicle was totaled and towed, so I will need to ask my friend to be my ride for a while now. :D

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for the info Tom. :) I've saved it to my favourites. I love some CBN programmes especially the 700 Club and Superbook.

Today I'm grateful for having recently bought another Gaither Vocal Band DVD - Better Day. I love those guys - both past and present members. :)

The Gaithers and the other groups that associate with them are some of my all-time favorites. I love listening to their special Homecoming Shows on television. I could listen all day to the Stamps Quartet, the Oakridge Boys, The Happy Goodman Family, of course the Gaithers, and many others. CBN Southern Gospel has many of the artists that appear pretty frequently with the Gaithers. The lyrics and harmony are beautiful, and I'm listening to it now. I used to listen to the TV while working on my computer, but I'll take the beautiful Christian music. I just listened to "The King is Coming", and I loved it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Praise God! He is good and wise, and protects us by his providential hand! Let's just say my vehicle was totaled and towed, so I will need to ask my friend to be my ride for a while now. :D

Thank you Lord. I also give thanks that you aren't in the hospital all torn up. It's 3:30 in the morning here, and I'm glad that I logged in.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree Tom, and was thinking about that verse when I posted the song above. :) It will be so good there - praise God! :bow:

We won't miss the things of this world. I give thanks that God let's us see a little bit of His Glory while we're still here. I have no idea how unbelievers stand this world without Jesus Christ. We can try to take as many with us as God wills. May God send His Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of the lost so they can listen to and believe the Gospel of the Grace of God. Just think - we were all just like them earlier in our lives. God still has room for more or we would already be home. The day will come maybe soon when the last member is added to the Body of Christ. This Age of Grace will end and Christ will rapture His Church Home to Glory. I look forward to that day.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh, that must have been frightening, but thank the Lord for His protection, and I'm so pleased that you are safe Jonaitis! :)

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
May God send His Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of the lost so they can listen to and believe the Gospel of the Grace of God.
I agree Tom. We have our part to do (in whatever way the Lord wants us to - I prefer the gentle, building up relationships approach) but it is the Holy Spirit who brings a person to repentance. Today I'm grateful that the Lord sent the Holy Spirit and for His great love for us all. :)

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I give thanks for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. He encourages me to seek after the will and good pleasure of Christ. May all Glory go to God.

Upvote 0