Toaster oven or toaster oven/air fryer combo recommendations?

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if I've chosen the right subforum for this since it's not the type of thing I'd normally post about, but I figured I'd try it out anyway. I'm looking to replace a recently broken Breville BOV845BSS model toaster oven. I've looked up how to fix it, and unfortunately it's beyond my paygrade (not impossible to do, but effectively impossible for me due to injury that makes the fine motor skills needed to safely get into the electronics of the oven and repair it beyond me), so I'm just looking to replace it. I'd like something cheaper (cost me around $250 four years ago), but not so cheap that I'd have to replace it in a year and a half. Ideally in the $100-$200 range.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a toaster oven with similar specs (up to 450f baking capability, ability to fit up to 12" baking/pizza pans, reheating/warming, etc.) that I might replace this one with? I've looked all over Amazon and I'm not sure I can trust the reviews that treat some of these like they were made by God Himself.

Also, I've noticed in my browsing Amazon that a lot of toaster ovens are now combo toaster oven/air fryer machines. Is there any advantage to getting one of these over just a regular toaster oven? I've read all the hype about how they make healthier french fries or whatever (I don't really eat french fries to begin with), but part of me thinks that usually when you get a combo of something, you get mediocre versions of each thing in one unit rather than getting good quality individual units for different individual functions. But that's probably just my memories of owning a million and one combo tape and record players back in the 1990s informing my judgment. Maybe it's not like that with kitchen appliances. I don't really know. Any advice would be much appreciated.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have the Ninja Foodi Toaster Toaster/Convection Oven/Air Fryer. We previously had one of each (different brands) and decided to consolidate. It is large, gets to 450f for baking and the air fryer works great. It also can be levered from flat to vertical for storage, so it takes up less counter space than a traditional large toaster oven.

We use the air fryer to cook/heat previously fried things, it works better and faster than baking. I have also used it to cook chicken, broccoli, etc.

The combo unit works just as well, if not better, than the previous individual specialized unites that we had.

I still prefer a straight up toaster for toasting bread, but that has been my personal taste for every toaster oven I have used.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a Breville convection oven. But I picked up a different model last year by Taotronics. It has a lot of features including an air fryer and rotisserie. I bought it for the latter. Great company with excellent customer service. I've gotten a lot from them with no issues. They usually have a coupon available that's stackable on top of the deal. You'll lose a couple of inches on the pizza. But you won't get the same at that price.

Upvote 0