To work or not to work?

Men, do you want your wife to work?

• Yes, I want her to work / Yes, I don't mind if she works

• Yes, BUT she should NOT work while we are raising children.

• Yes, BUT I only want her to work if she is able to work from home (from, not at)

• No, BUT I will make an exception for community service / work for the church.

• No, I do not want her to work. I would like her to be a homemaker.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Peacemonger

Dec 11, 2005
✟8,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both of us will have careers and ambitions. Both of us will make family life a priority as well, even if it means cutting back and taking turns for a few years until they reach school age. I want to be responsible (along with wifey) for raising our children -- no babysitters I hope!

Upvote 0

Peacemonger

Dec 11, 2005
✟8,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't aware it was the husband's choice in what the wife wishes to do with her time and energy.
It's not. I voted with the understanding that we're kind of predicting what kind of woman we want to marry in the future. I didn't read it like "OK man club meeting now commenced! First order of business: wife-control. All in favor? Aye. *grunts, pounds fist*"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It would depend on the nature of the work, and how often she works. Do I want some driven, on-the-go career woman? No. She's got to be feminine and take the role the New Testament says she has. Can she work while doing that? Yes, but in moderation.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Both of us will have careers and ambitions. Both of us will make family life a priority as well, even if it means cutting back and taking turns for a few years until they reach school age. I want to be responsible (along with wifey) for raising our children -- no babysitters I hope!
We should elope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KomissarSteve

Basileus
Feb 1, 2007
✟25,945.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Submit to her husband, care for her children, disciple other women, serve in the church.
Not in my interpretation, it doesn't. The New Testament's role for women who lived in the Eastern Roman Empire in the 1st century AD is what you described, but that model doesn't roll over into this century.

Kids should have responsible parents who are there for them, and one stay-at-home parent would be ideal, but I see no reason to believe that God necessitates that it be the wife.

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
the way that I would answer this poll was not a choice, so here is my answer on this from a post in the young adults forum....

For a woman when she is married and has a family her life now consists of what you could refer to as three ring circus now. She has her home, her family (aka, husband and kids), and she has a job.

Now if one of there three areas starts to fail in her performance in any way shape or form then the first one that needs to be droped is the job, her calling first and formost is to be a mother, and wife.

John MacArthur sermon of the role of a wife, can she work outside of the home.

Also more sermons of John MacArthur's if you scroll down you will find about 12 different sermons of his on the roles of Women. You can either ask for the tapes, or take the time to read them.....(I would get the tapes, he can be pretty longwinded ;) )

Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't aware it was the husband's choice in what the wife wishes to do with her time and energy.
Smile, agree...word word.

I don't get these threads at all, sorry, especially when started by a woman, they NEVER end good.

Maybe I should start an equally restricting poll of how women should decide what their men do :(

Signed, a feminists! GASP

Reactions: awashinlove
Upvote 0