Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

If God first instituted Sabbath at creation for mankind why would He ever say: "I gave my Sabbaths as a sign between Me and those I freed from Egypt?" The fact that a creation Sabbath cant be found in any scripture exposes error from the truth.

Neh 9:14 And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:
Why would it be wrong to say according to a true prophet in the scriptures, that Sabbath was made known by the hands of Moses?

Last edited:

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul agrees with you...

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When Moses went up to receive the tables of stone, God explained to him that Sabbath violators would be put to death.
If Sabbath was given before freedom from Egypt, where is that death sentence before getting the ten commandments?
Why is God not say to Moses, all nations of the earth shall keep the Sabbath?
Exo 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Exo 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Exo 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

It is clearly commanded to Moses, " Speak to the Children of Israel" you shall keep the Sabbath, if you defile it, you will be put to death". If this was a moral law at creation where is the evidence? Who was first killed for violating the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 10 Commandments were to the Children of Israel as well too, but that doesnt mean they no longer apply. Pretty much every commandment in the bible first started out as a Command to the children of Israel.

Even if the Sabbath days didnt apply anymore, do you think God is happy that we have taken former pagan celebrations and slapped Jesus name on top of them and teach them as biblical.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 10 Commandments were to the Children of Israel as well too, but that doesnt mean they no longer apply.

The Apostle Paul spoke on that subject.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (Hebrews 11:16)

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Gal 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

It is the same "yoke" spoken by Peter in Acts chapter 15.

Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Let the Sinai covenant of bondage go. The yoke has served its purpose.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Apostle Paul spoke on that subject.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (Hebrews 11:16)

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Gal 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

It is the same "yoke" spoken by Peter in Acts chapter 15.

Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Let the Sinai covenant of bondage go. The yoke has served its purpose.

Are you really calling the commands of God bondage?? No wonder Christianity is going down the tubes

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If Sabbath was given before freedom from Egypt, where is that death sentence before getting the ten commandments?
There was not even a death sentence yet for killing another person.
I.E. Before the law was given, there was no death sentence by law for anything.
Why is God not say to Moses, all nations of the earth shall keep the Sabbath?
Because all nations of the earth (until much later, well, actually TODAY ALSO!) WERE NOT GOD'S PEOPLE. They were all condemned, doomed without hope in the world, remember ?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter and Paul never remained in disagreement with Jesus.
Notice it was the "mis-use" of the law and commandments that they called bondage.

To use the Torah correctly, leads to freedom, to righteousness , rightness with Yhwh,
and to Christ.

Please show where the Apostle Paul confirms your viewpoint in post #5 above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
To whom and why God gave the Sabbaths?

God does what is holy because He is holy and we are told to do what is holy because He is holy, so unless God's holiness has changed, then the way to have a holy conduct has remained the same, which includes keeping God's holy days. Regardless of to whom or why those instructions were given, anyone who wants to find out how to have a holy conduct and how to act in line with God's holiness can find out how to do so by reading those instructions.

Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

"Them" is the group of people that God sanctifies, so if you belong to this group, then it is also a sign to you.

If God first instituted Sabbath at creation for mankind why would He ever say: "I gave my Sabbaths as a sign between Me and those I freed from Egypt?" The fact that a creation Sabbath cant be found in any scripture exposes error from the truth.

As slaves in Egypt, they were not allowed to keep the Sabbath.

And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:
Why would it be wrong to say according to a true prophet in the scriptures, that Sabbath was made known by the hands of Moses?

One thing that everyone in Hebrews 11 had in common was that they were all directed by hearing the voice of God and faith comes by hearing the spoken word of God (Romans 10:17). This was the relationship that the Old Covenant was intended to be, but at Sinai they rejected hearing the voice of God and opted to have Moses as a mediator instead (Exodus 20:19). This was a turning point in how God interacted with his people, so God made His commands, precepts, statutes, and laws known corporately through Moses, but they were also made known to Abraham prior to that (Genesis 26:5).

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they were also made known to Abraham prior to that (Genesis 26:5).

Adam was given a commandment... Do not eat of...

Abraham was given commandments... Go to a land I will show you...
Circumcise your male offspring...

The children of Israel were given commandments... Keep the Sabbath...

They were not all given the same commandments as you are attempting to imply.

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God does what is holy because He is holy and we are told to do what is holy because He is holy, so unless God's holiness has changed, then the way to have a holy conduct has remained the same, which includes keeping God's holy days. Regardless of to whom or why those instructions were given, anyone who wants to find out how to have a holy conduct and how to act in line with God's holiness can find out how to do so by reading those instructions.

"Them" is the group of people that God sanctifies, so if you belong to this group, then it is also a sign to you.

One thing that everyone in Hebrews 11 had in common was that they were all directed by hearing the voice of God and faith comes by hearing the spoken word of God (Romans 10:17). This was the relationship that the Old Covenant was intended to be, but at Sinai they rejected hearing the voice of God and opted to have Moses as a mediator instead (Exodus 20:19). This was a turning point in how God interacted with his people, so God made His commands, precepts, statutes, and laws known corporately through Moses, but they were also made known to Abraham prior to that (Genesis 26:5).
Sorry you don't like the better promises.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

You make Moses a silver double tongued lair.

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

bugkiller

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There was not even a death sentence yet for killing another person.
I.E. Before the law was given, there was no death sentence by law for anything.
You're mistaken. Why did God put a mark on Cain? (Gen 4:15)
Paul also taught that from Adam to Moses death ruled for sin, and that death was passed down to all men.
Rom 5:12 ¶Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
You're ducking my question about death penalty for the breaking the Sabbath from creation.

Because all nations of the earth (until much later, well, actually TODAY ALSO!) WERE NOT GOD'S PEOPLE. They were all condemned, doomed without hope in the world, remember ?
If Sabbath was given to Adam, then all men would comply to God or God has no control over His created beings. Creation text shows that God instituted marriage and we see all nations comply but not one clue about Sabbath until Moses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't have to, because the Bible does.

bugkiller
NO, the bible calls the added laws of the Jews that were traditions NOT commands of God bondage and a yoke. Example Mark 7 & Matt 15- You must wash your hand before you eat, which is not a command of God.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Peter and Paul never remained in disagreement with Jesus.
Notice it was the "mis-use" of the law and commandments that they called bondage.

To use the Torah correctly, leads to freedom, to righteousness , rightness with Yhwh,
and to Christ.

SAAN said:
NO, the bible calls the added laws of the Jews that were traditions NOT commands of God bondage and a yoke. Example Mark 7 & Matt 15- You must wash your hand before you eat, which is not a command of God.
What bible are you guys reading???

Jesus made Paul a minister of the New Covenant is all that matters. You're extremely mistaken. Here are some scriptures (in blue letters)for you to apply to understanding.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
2Co 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

IN PLAINLESS OF SPEECH, Paul called the law: a ministration of death, ministration of condemnation, a letter that kills, that which is done away, that which is abolished, and glorious. Paul made those claims in contrast to the New Covenant which he called: ministration of the spirit, not of letter, giveth life, that which remaineth, and more glorious.
I'll be waiting on your response.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What bible are you guys reading???

Jesus made Paul a minister of the New Covenant is all that matters. You're extremely mistaken. Here are some scriptures (in blue letters)for you to apply to understanding.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
2Co 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

IN PLAINLESS OF SPEECH, Paul called the law: a ministration of death, ministration of condemnation, a letter that kills, that which is done away, that which is abolished, and glorious. Paul made those claims in contrast to the New Covenant which he called: ministration of the spirit, not of letter, giveth life, that which remaineth, and more glorious.
I'll be waiting on your response.

Paul IS NOT greater than Jesus and has ZERO authority to add or take away ANY commands in the bible. Only God or Jesus himself can do that.

For Paul to hate the law so much, he surely does talk well about it .

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 7:12
12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

Romans 7:25
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Acts 24:14
14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul IS NOT greater than Jesus and has ZERO authority to add or take away ANY commands in the bible. Only God or Jesus himself can do that.
You make no sense at all. You're ignoring what is written for your theories. Jesus was not a minister of the New Covenant because it came after His death.

SAAN said:
For Paul to hate the law so much, he surely does talk well about it .

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 7:12
12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

Romans 7:25
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Acts 24:14
14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.
More flim-flam...good luck with that.

Upvote 0