To totally destroy North Korea would merit unequivocal and unhesitating condemnation

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
There is no doubt about the Catholic Church's teaching on any action which would totally destroy a country , North Korea or any other . It would be a crime against God .

" This most holy synod makes its own the condemnations of total war already pronounced by recent popes, and issues the following declaration.

" Any act of war aimed indiscriminately at the destruction of entire cities of extensive areas along with their population is a crime against God and man himself. It merits unequivocal and unhesitating condemnation. " GAUDIUM ET SPES of the Second Vatican Council , promulgated by Pope Paul VI on December 7 , 1965 .

And to put the record straight , what the Government of North Korea is doing to its own people is a crime against God .

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,418.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course it would! I just hope that if Trump brings us closer and closer to the brink of a devastating war that Mueller releases the results of his investigation so that we can take steps to remove President Trump or force him to resign.

I understand that Mueller is slow and painstaking and determined to cast a wide net, apprehend all the malefactors, and completely uncover the Russian treachery and any collusion with Americans. I understand all that, and agree that his approach is better, but President Trump is too dangerous to be our Commander in Chief....

I find myself studying his signature and thinking, "Maybe he's dyslexic. Please, Lord, make him dyslexic, so that when he tries to put in the nuclear codes he'll reverse numbers and letters and be unable to complete the task.."

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We should absolutely do everything in our power to avoid war with NK. But that nutjob has nukes and is testing new long range missiles every week, it seems. If he actually uses one against the US, Japan, or South Korea, then we would be well within our rights to respond with overwhelming force.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Meaning ?
I think specifics would need to be determined based on the situation. If they use nuclear weapons, then we could respond similarly. Whether that would be the prudent course of action is a different matter. It might be better to simply use conventional weapons and support the South Koreans in an invasion of the North.

Upvote 0