• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

To those of you who hear voices-

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those of you who hear negative voices telling you to take some kind of action on yourselves, I encourage you to get BAPTIZED. There are forces at work that will try to interfere with your baptism, but make sure you follow through with it and do not hesitate! The time is now and this is very important! It will be the best day of your life! God bless you all! I love you guys-

It is great to hear that God's power is at work in you and that the step of obedience in baptism has helped you. However, as a long term Christain, I can assure you that voices may happen at any point in a Christians walk. Often after a traumatic event or time of emotional weakness. Voices in my opinion come from Satan. And even Jesus was not immune to his attacks, the bible saying "and satan departed, to wait for an opportune time". The devil waits until he can see we are weak, maybe after sin, or a emotional loss, and he will attack. We need to be continually praying, seeking God, to be alert.

1Pe 5:8-10 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Our part is to be sober, vigilant ... for when satan attacks, we will need faith to endure, and fight back against the affliction ... but in the end, Christ will establish and settle us.

If we are suffering today, the end that Christ has for us is settling and establishment. If we hear voices God would have us be free. But it is not always easy to see that in the battle.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How is she being irresponsible? All she's saying is if someone hears voices, she "encourages them to get baptized". She's not saying getting baptized will cure people of voices. She's not telling people to get baptized instead of getting professional medical help. It seems like a perfectly reasonable suggestion to me, no different than any other non-medical suggestion for improving one's mental health.

It is bit questionable on psychosis and schizophrenia forums that by definition are for people affected by these medical conditions.

Bit like going for spirit gifts forums and saying for people who hear voices that they should go to psychiatric counseling and start using meds.

Not saying it couldn’t be the correct answer just that the setting is bit inappropriate.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God heals and sets us free thru doctors too. How many people do you know that can wait seven years for a miracle. As it is sometimes a miracle doesn’enter the picture. Sometimes the many need doctors not just the one strong one. t

Most don't even consider that Jesus has the power to set us free from all disorders.

We are constantly told that there is no cure - just drug management of the condition for life - that is a lie.

Was the way out easy ? NO

Heaps of prayer and tears over years BUT the life I now have in Him is beautiful and stable and He uses me to pray for the struggling.

You don't have to accept the sentence of drug imprisonment for life.

Seek as much prayer as possible - never give up on Jesus.

He has the power to heal and sets free from all sickness and disease.

This was the first thing He demonstrated when He began His ministry.

Read my testimony thread here if interested...

Jesus's Ministry

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most don't even consider that Jesus has the power to set us free from all disorders.

We are constantly told that there is no cure - just drug management of the condition for life - that is a lie.

Was the way out easy ? NO

Heaps of prayer and tears over years BUT the life I now have in Him is beautiful and stable and He uses me to pray for the struggling.

You don't have to accept the sentence of drug imprisonment for life.

Seek as much prayer as possible - never give up on Jesus.

He has the power to heal and sets free from all sickness and disease.

This was the first thing He demonstrated when He began His ministry.

Read my testimony thread here if interested...

Jesus's Ministry

I agree wholeheartedly with this. The medical profession tells you that you will be on drugs for life, that there is no cure. It is a definite lie. I have had two episodes of what the medical profession calls schizophrenia, or hearing voices and in both situations, I got free by quoting bible verses back to the voices. It was not an instant victory, but it happened as I used God's word to combat the attacks.

And having been on antipsychotic medication I know the effect it can have on the body, one type gave me stroke-like symptoms, and another caused me to shake so violently it was a totally embarrassing experience.

I will detail what those experiences were for those who would like to know. The first was around 10 years of attacks, where I had virtually no power over the voices, I thought I had committed an unpardonable sin and would hear demons speak to me daily, continually, all the time. Condemning me, and trying to get me to sin, by harming others, via rape, and other methods, and trying to get me to become a satanist. I got free from this by attending church, and having people pray over me, their encouraging words from God eventually got me free. Those voices stopped, with no medication at all, I was not on medication at the time.

The second attack occured after a pastor accused me of not doing something "right in God", their accusation was false, but it opened me up to an attack on my mind. Where demons would bombard me with critical, unforgiving thoughts towards the pastor, and judgment of myself. This time I got free by quoting back the word of God about forgiving those who hurt you, and the voices stopped.

Basically now I live my life with no voices, no voices at all. Yet because in my lifetime I got caught up in the medical profession, you get a label, and have to take meds for life. It is pointless and in some cases damaging to a person health. Not only that family members ostracize you classing you as insane, unwilling to believe God can change you, again reading their medical books theories into my life.

Upvote 0