Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To the pure all things are pure is a matter of what one's own perception has brought them to in the first place concerning all things. Peter was told call not what God has cleansed unclean, but what measurement by our soul do we impose on such a truth? which is a form of those who oppose themselves that Paul had spoke of.

In the first garden (termed the garden of God), God put Adam in it to keep and tend it, all of which in picture is his/our soul.

As the garden scenario plays out, the woman becomes a more refined picture of this same truth (which would not be the last thing that our soul is likened to), in whom because of the lack by Adam of the keeping of his own garden which is the garden of God, a seed of an enemy is sown.

Often accusations get in unaware to us because we do not tend and keep the Garden of God ...

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
To the pure all things are pure is a matter of what one's own perception has brought them to in the first place concerning all things
Titus 1:15. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Welcome. I just wanted to mention that it helps everyone who reads your post if you include the scripture you are referencing.
I just wanted to point out that the word 'are' is inserted by the translator and is not in the text. Hence, unto the pure, all things pure. The first emphasis must be upon the heart of the one you mention, "what one's own perception has brought them". We do not make unclean things pure by our own purity, we avail ourselves to all things pure. There are things in the world that in and of themselves are not unclean. If I want to gift someone $100 as a kindness, someone might call that good. But if you know that they are an addict, you would advise me that it is a bad idea. There are good things that life provides us that some are just not ready to avail themselves. Therefore, the Lord teaches us:
Matthew 5:8. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
and,
Matthew 6:33. Seek first the kingdom of God, and all these [pure] things will be added unto you.
Interesting thoughts that you shared,
Remain in Grace,
MM

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
...As the garden scenario plays out, the woman becomes a more refined picture of this same truth (which would not be the last thing that our soul is likened to), in whom because of the lack by Adam of the keeping of his own garden which is the garden of God, a seed of an enemy is sown...
Quote (from a 7th century prayer):

Alas, wretched soul! Why are you like the first Eve? For you have wickedly looked and been bitterly wounded, and you have touched the tree and rashly tasted the forbidden food. The place of bodily Eve has been taken for me by the Eve of my mind in the shape of a passionate thought in the flesh, showing me sweet things, yet ever making me taste and swallow bitter things.​

:)

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quote (from a 7th century prayer):

Alas, wretched soul! Why are you like the first Eve? For you have wickedly looked and been bitterly wounded, and you have touched the tree and rashly tasted the forbidden food. The place of bodily Eve has been taken for me by the Eve of my mind in the shape of a passionate thought in the flesh, showing me sweet things, yet ever making me taste and swallow bitter things.​

:)

Love it!

• Friendly
Reactions: icxn
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What great faith, the woman who had an issue for many years. She was unclean but she touched Jesus and she did not defile him but rather he made her pure. To be honest we as these Fallen creatures are quite disgusting.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What great faith, the woman who had an issue for many years. She was unclean but she touched Jesus and she did not defile him but rather he made her pure. To be honest we as these Fallen creatures are quite disgusting.

Time and time again ... everything is perception.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Time and time again ... everything is perception.
Thankfully because of God's kindness and pleasure we will go from glory to glory. It's really not intuitive at all to believe that God could love us. Intellectuals might submit to a deist God who leaves the universe alone after he made it. We reason that we don't care if we step on ants usually and so how much more would God not care about us? The madness of a world where ants can be stepped on is already too much torture to bear. What kind of alien world is this? Do the ants then also bear the Cross of Christ?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For me it's a hard decision. If Adam would have kept his garden it would have been sane to not let that serpent even get a word in to her. At the same time they say that a healthy relationship will allow for one to be separated and to still have trust with each other even when separated.

It's not like I want my shame to be revealed. It's not like I wish to fail. At the same time I feel it is wrong to be in prison. It is wrong that others are affected by me. But surely one of God's desires is diversity of his Souls. I'm hoping even isolation is part of his kingdom. He didn't give me this extreme anxiety for no reason.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For me it's a hard decision. If Adam would have kept his garden it would have been sane to not let that serpent even get a word in to her. At the same time they say that a healthy relationship will allow for one to be separated and to still have trust with each other even when separated.

It's not like I want my shame to be revealed. It's not like I wish to fail. At the same time I feel it is wrong to be in prison. It is wrong that others are affected by me. But surely one of God's desires is diversity of his Souls. I'm hoping even isolation is part of his kingdom. He didn't give me this extreme anxiety for no reason.

I see this (about the serpent) in Jesus' words to his mother ... he did not eat and then the picture of those words unfolded before him in relationship to who he was. Just as the words this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased ... after his first forty.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's like when someone said Jesus did not receive all the kingdoms of the world from Satan but he received them from his father.

The annoying conundrum is having sustenance and shelter. Some people can sit in the forest all day doing nothing. Quality and quantity should go hand-in-hand. but I still prefer quality over quantity if I have to pick one or the other. I quit my job because I got sick of having to show people my ID after being there 11 years and being treated like a criminal going into the building, going through that metal detector. then when I enter the main building people are told to greet me so that there can be this strange and awkward situation, it does not matter if their intentions were Pure or not.

I should be digging in the trash by now but I'm not. And there's no point to digging in the trash for food. It's hard to take pleasure in the necessities of life. It's extra baggage that's not required. I can't seem to make a game out of it. But the major theme of sustenance and shelter make this world what it is. if the little forest was full of pines instead of Cedars I would have an infinite amount of food. Jupiner berries are better than nothing I guess but I think that the inner bark of Pines would be able to sustain me. but what's the point!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Purity does imply creation and destruction. It sanctifies that which can be saved and it destroys that which is unworthy. You can see the spirit of freedom in this idea of purity. Not so for the blind followers of God. They do not know what Spirit they are of. Then when they finally find something amiss with God they forsake him. So they either follow after a wolf in sheep's clothing or they call the innocent lamb one with the voice of a dragon.

Spiritually accepting truth means actually experiencing that truth as true. Otherwise what you have is acceptance of authority which is an Act of Faith. So in both there is freedom since that is at the base of us. But one is slavish while the other is heroic. One is foolish and the other is wise. One is full of Pride and the other is humble. One is a slave to the conditions of this objective reality and of the slightly more free soul, the other is growing in stature and favor with God and Men. But the men are those in heaven, whom they have their conversation with.

the humility of the devil wishes you to obey his whims and spiritual humility has you to open your ears to God and those that know him. and often they come in a mixed response since we are thrown in the midst of Heaven and Hell, which is why we have to grow and be able to distinguish good from evil.

Reactions: Scott Husted
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith