Burton
✟7,736.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been working at my current employment for just shy of 2 years; in this time my colleague was promoted to manager, since this point it has been awful to work where I am; bullied, singled out, micromanaged and treated so differently. I prayed for around 10 months for advise and help, to become more gracious and for a way out.
Last week after hearing nothing I decided to put my CV online, the next day I had 4 interviews lined up, the first interview I attended I was given the job on the spot (unheard of in this company)
On the way home I prayed if it was the right thing to do to accept, I listed to a sermon from Steven Furtick which talked about a thorn in our flesh and if we pray and hear nothing then it is somewhere God wants us to be, sometimes we need to go through these to show faith and trust. After that I listed to Tim Delaney who said being in the right place at the right time and trusting God.
Am I overthinking and expecting God to say no, or do you think I should stay? I have to accept or reject this AMAZING dream job today, please help me understand.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have been working at my current employment for just shy of 2 years; in this time my colleague was promoted to manager, since this point it has been awful to work where I am; bullied, singled out, micromanaged and treated so differently. I prayed for around 10 months for advise and help, to become more gracious and for a way out.
Last week after hearing nothing I decided to put my CV online, the next day I had 4 interviews lined up, the first interview I attended I was given the job on the spot (unheard of in this company)
On the way home I prayed if it was the right thing to do to accept, I listed to a sermon from Steven Furtick which talked about a thorn in our flesh and if we pray and hear nothing then it is somewhere God wants us to be, sometimes we need to go through these to show faith and trust. After that I listed to Tim Delaney who said being in the right place at the right time and trusting God.
Am I overthinking and expecting God to say no, or do you think I should stay? I have to accept or reject this AMAZING dream job today, please help me understand.

You're not happy where you are. You have a better place to be. It's just that simple. But sometimes it's tough. As bad as things are where you're at it's still the comfortable known. The new place is the unknown and it comes with a bit of fear. Don't worry about it. I've changed jobs about eight or so times in the last twenty years or so. The first few times are the hard ones. After that there's not much to it.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You could be over spiritualising this. At the moment you are being bullied and singled out. This is not a joyful, nor a stress free situation for you. Is it any wonder that the are struggling to make decisoins, with all this pressure.

I think that God has given you a choice and the freedom to chose. You have a way out, if you want it!

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
HI your thoughtfulness is wisdom and God opens and closes doors. It boils down to your motive and sometimes God leads us in a path of trial and other times in a place of blessing. The wisdom that comes from God is found in James 2.

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

When you reflect on should I stay or go this contrast should light up in your heart; I see you already have the spirit of being willing to yield. So the pure wisdom will bring peace when you say how would it be if a stayed... or how would it be if I move on. You see this is pure results in peace over the choice and will produce mercy and good fruits. If you see worldly wisdom it will expose the only two things it is bitter envy and self seeking. So it is not a clear cut choice that I can make but the same book James says if you ask for Godly wisdom he will give it and so you can rest assured you are making the right choice.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Devonboy

Jun 18, 2017
Newton Abbot
✟8,407.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Hi Amelia,

If I was in your shoes I would go, it would seem to me that you are not happy where you are and that is not good and can have other effect's upon your life.
It would also appear that God has given you a way out [the first interview I attended I was given the job on the spot (unheard of in this company)].
I think that sometimes we can over spiritualize things to much, we have been given a brain to use.
Pray about it, and go for it.
God Bless, praying for you as I end this post.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been working at my current employment for just shy of 2 years; in this time my colleague was promoted to manager, since this point it has been awful to work where I am; bullied, singled out, micromanaged and treated so differently.
Do you mean that new manager is abusing you?

Upvote 0