Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are a few words that convey the idea to receive and accept.
Matthew 19:11 But He said to them, All cannot receive/accept this saying,
but only to whom it has been given.

choreo G5562 - chōreō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)
This is an interesting word, for it is derived from [G5561] chora meaning open space.
It suggests to me the expression "not having room in your beliefs, ideologies, or
doctrines to accept as being a possibility. Either not having considered it before at all,
or it had been quickly and easily dismissed.

Another verse that is very illustrative/informative:
John 8:37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me,
because My word has no place in you.

It is further derived from [G5490] chasma, used once here:
Luke 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed,
so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there
pass to us.
There are many divisive topics on this site where a great chasma exists in doctrine.
Another word that I have studied extensively and already done several threads on:
lambano [G2983] to receive

G2983 - lambanō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)
I will just look to John for examples, as it us used 40X in that Gospel.
John 3:
27 John(the Baptist) answered and said, A man can receive nothing unless it has been
given to him from heaven.
32 And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
33 He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
I only include the verses that use lambano, but I highly recommend a thorough study of
John 3:27-36, as it is a valuable teaching. I have heard people quote verse 30 many times

30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
There are many ministries that also borrow the expression "friend of the bridegroom",
taken from this narrative.
One other word I would like to include which is used throughout the New Testament,
especially the Gospel of Luke, 14 times:

dechomai-to receive. G1209 - dechomai - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)
Matthew 11:14 And if you are willing to receive, he is Elijah who is to come.

Luke 8:13 But the ones on the rock who when they hear, receive the word with joy;
and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.

Luke 8:5 And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the
very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.

I would conclude that it is not in the limitations of the Lord, but in the ability of the
individual to receive what He offers. In fact, I would like to wrap up with an illustration
from this passage; Jesus was present, and a woman came and took what she needed:

Mark 5:
Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years,
26 and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and
was no better, but rather grew worse.
27 When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment.
28 For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.”
29 Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was
healed of the affliction.
30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around
in the crowd and said, Who touched My clothes?

He always had the power, and when crowds gathered to seek Him out, the scripture says
that He healed them all. Yet, many did not believe unto salvation. They got what they wanted,
but they didn't want what The Father was offering in full. That is why the Gospel has lost so
much power. Too many are offered the golden ticket of knowing that they "go to heaven when
they die", but they are not interested in how The Father wants them to live.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

• Informative
Reactions: venksta