• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

To Read From Grey Hair Thread. (Toxins in hair dyes and more).

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
INstead of putting this in the Grey Hair Thread, there's just a link there to this for anyone interested.

Well...I used to. Then I developed an awful allergy to the hair dye. The doctor told me never to use hair dye again. :( So, here I sit in all my graying glory. :D

I tried a brilliant red (not clown red, a natural red) and a gorgeous purple-y auburn until I had to quit. It was a lot of fun. The hives and brilliant red scalp have deterred me from dye. Ugh.
It has made a lot of people sick .

Here's why (in small part) (there's much worse done to the public, to find out later / other thread maybe) >>>

http://basmati.com/2016/06/21/15-toxic-ingredients-you-should-avoid-your-beauty-products

One of the biggest ironies in life has to be that many of the things
created to make us look more beautiful, younger and healthier are actually making us sick. Keeping an eye out for toxins in everyday beauty items can be both exhausting and overwhelming, so we created an easy cheat sheet to make things a little easier. The following are ingredients found in everyday items--even organic and “natural” ones-- you definitely don’t want to put on your body.

(includes arsenic and lead and 13 toxics in MANY PRODUCTS; hair dye , lip stick , etc etc etc)

This article is not a substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
its kinda like vaccines.
It promises you won't get flu, but then you get all the other side effects later on, plus you don't know what's in it.
Any kind of potion that promises something, there's always a trade off. Thats the deal with pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
its kinda like vaccines.
It promises you won't get flu, but then you get all the other side effects later on, plus you don't know what's in it.
Any kind of potion that promises something, there's always a trade off. Thats the deal with pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.

Well, here's the difference between cosmetics and some of the pharmaceuticals:
Cosmetics are unnecessary to keep you alive or prevent illness. However, some of the pharmaceuticals can keep you from dying or becoming very sick.

Upvote 0