The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all, may our Great God and Father be most blessed through Jesus Christ our Lord and may He also bless all of you too.

I am revisiting the ensign post, but adding into that one, the mention of "His rest" spoken of in connection to the same.

This one is not done yet, I just cant fit it into my PM to return to it so I am posting it before I am finsihed with it. But I will return to re edit this one as I did the last one, Lord willing.

Im just hungry right now (lol) and need a break...so its not done

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Even in this other context, this is cool

Isaiah 5:26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

The putting down of authority

An ensign is something lifted up

In respects to Jesus he said,

Jesus said, "If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me

In the context of his rest

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Even as He said

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Romans 15:12 And again, Esaias saith, there shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

So again, Jesus makes the comparison here

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

And just so we know...

John 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Christ crucified, even as Paul said...

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Whereas God has said before

Isaiah 55:4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

And Jesus said here...

John 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Rev 1:5 From Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.

John 8:28 When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Heb 4:13 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

So the life was manifested for us, the ensign of the people

Mat 11:28 Come unto me,... and I will give you rest.

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest...

He that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Heb 4:3 ... As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him,What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Will hopefully return to this and finish this one.

Edited this once, but Im tired, needs more editing though, so I will edit again later

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our great God be most blessed by Jesus Christ our Lord, may our God bless you all as well.

Im not in the least done with the above post, I just got side tracked, I do that alot, take up something else before something else is done. Thats why everything I do seems to be always half finishes, I eventually get to get but I sure do take my good ol' time doing it.

I got interested in this one from another post I posted on suffering and afflictions, I sorta like that topic for some reason. Any, at my last submit in my PM it wouldnt turn over (too many characters). But I was taking this one up this morning and agin, couldnt store it so I am posting this, which needs to be tweeked too lol.

So this is partly from another post and additions have been added to it. When it says, "edit" I have added more into it. Thats what I will try to do later too.

Always later, huh? my bad, I am so bad that way (I know it). Pray for me to focus better or something, I truly need more focus (if thats not evident by now) lol

I'll add to this later...

James 5:10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

Psalm 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Psalam 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Psalm 119:75 I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Whereas he speaks of these also...

Mark 4:17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

1Thes 3:3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.

Job 30:16 And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.

2Cr 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Isaiah 30:20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

1Thes 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

2Ti 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Job 36:21 Take heed, regard not iniquity: for this hast thou chosen rather than affliction.

Even as Moses...

Heb 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

The Lord to Paul...

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Paul to us...

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 5:10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

1Thes 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

And this again, but this way...

Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

2Thes 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

Romas 5:3... We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job

Who is an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

Be back to edit this Lord willing

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our God and Father be most blessed through Jesus Christ our Lord, and our God richly bless you too.

I wasnt intending to post (at all) here, neither have I finished the other two posts, was going to post in another thread on this topic, but while gather verses, (again) wouldnt fit in my PM and then basically thought, "why bother posting it there"? Its a pretty wrangly thread, it would just get lost under all the "Yuh huh's" and "nuh uh's". Im increasingly getting disinterested in even bothering lately.

Anyway, the mystery of the Gentiles which was hid was sorta the topic I was going to enter in on and how thats spoken of in various places.

The salvation that is come to the Gentiles through Jesus Christ

So, I'll post it here instead:thumbsup:

1Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

So these beforehand were

1Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

And again..

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Ephes 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephes 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephes 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephes 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephes 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephes 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephes 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephes 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Shown earlier

Ephes 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Rev 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (Ephes 3:4-6 again)

Romasn16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Col 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

Col 4:4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.

Again, in the same accord

Ephes 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: (Take it back a few verses and again the Gentiles)

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Romans 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

Romans 15:10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

Romans 15:11 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Thats as far as I got, when I got hungry lol

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, Im back, this one wouldnt fit either lol But its continuing off of the one above it, could have been done better. Looking at the mystery of the Gentiles partakers of the same body (by one Spirit) and this is one mystery (here) Paul didnt want them to be ignorant of, and trying to show it the best I can, though I left out the exclaimation of Christ (this child) being "set for" the falling and rising again" of many in Israel. Might take that one up next because I cant fit this altogether lol

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Romans 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

Romans 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Romans 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

So they had asked him (before this)

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Said here as well...

Acts 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. (vail on the heart)

In the context of Isaiah it also says...

Isaiah 6:11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,

Isaiah 6:12 And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

Then back to the context Paul speaks of the words of Isaiah (as Jesus) of the same...

Acts 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Again of these, this way...

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The remnant likewise...

1Cr 4:4 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

2Cr 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: (The above post posted above this one)

Which are the same, in respects to the answer, "why dost thou speakest unto them in parables" and of those things secret

Mat 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Romans 16:26 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Ephes 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Not done yet, needs a break:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is sorta continuing from the above, I wasnt going to go this way, but I was looking at some things. Given theres not much of a new thing done under the sun, in the sense that Jesus spake of hidden things of old. And being the stone the builders rejected I thought let me try and tie that in a little.

Okay, needs editing, so I will come back and do that (I think) cause I sometimes say I might be sometimes I dont (lol). My attention span is not that long (I go off somewheres else in my head).

But you can sorta catch the patern in this

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Gen 11:3 And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

Mark 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Mark 12:12 And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

Psalm 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old

1Peter 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

Romans 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders,

1Peter 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

1Peter 4:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Mat 26:31 I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

Acts 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Gen 11:3 And they had brick for stone

Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

And likewise...

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Heb 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

And Jesus said...

John 3:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world,that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Romans 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Acts 13:27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

Mark 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Acts 13:47 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Acts 13:54 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Acts 13:45 But when the Jews *saw* the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

1Peter 4:14... on their part he is **evil spoken of**, but on your part he is glorified.

Luke 2:34 ... Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against

Ephes 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Then we start to see it

Acts 13:45 But when the Jews *saw* the multitudes, they were filled with envy,

I'll try and edit in and fine tune this later,

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay its nearly 4am, and again I was going to post this on another thread I was on and just got the feeling that wasnt going to go over well, so posting it here. I did cave with the other one and posted it. This one I dont think so.

Trying to get this picture to show these things better, can you see the comparisons in these instances?

Gal 4:13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.

Luke 13:11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

Luke 13:16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

And likewise...There was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan

See between the two?

Luke 13:11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years

Though Paul asked for "this thing" to taken from him but he was told His grace was sufficient for him

2Cr 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Then here...

Job 2:4 And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

Job 2:5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.

^That^ would show "my temptation" in my flesh

Job 2:6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

There was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan

Job 2:7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

2Cr 12:7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Jesus shows that Satan desired to have Simon too

Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Christ is the power of God, who prayed for Simons faith

1Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

1Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

I always wondered (in light of the above) since, these three remain, faith hope and love, if the third part through the fire could even apply here (our faith) or "the trial of your faith"

Zech 13:5 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job

The crown of life (patient enduring) would still follow after the crown of boils (or even a crown of thorns) or suffering in the various ways we find throughout scripture. Even for His names sake.

Here he is again..

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Even there not counting ones lifes precious to oneself can be seen.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Still working on this one...

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed be our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and may God bless you in Christ as well.

Well, this one is a difficult one for me to lay out as I am comparing the breastplate of judgment of the high priest (Of Aaron) in a figure of (aforehand) of the high priest of our profession Jesus Christ.

We know Jesus is not a high priest after the same order, but I was wondering what the Urim and Thummin could signify (In Jesus Christ). The Urim and Thummin are somewhat of a mystery on the breastplate of Judgment.

Now knowing all judgment is given to the Son and it is the breastplate of judgment pertaining to the high priest (Jesus being our great high priest) makes me wonder. Because (that) now aside (in respects to judgment) theres the mention of the breastplate that we (ourselves) are to put on too right?

Comparitively I have found they might go together "somehow" (not sure though). So dont take my musings too seriously. I was considering (for example) if you have the breastplate of the high priest, which is the breastplate of Judgment. And of judgment, we know "all judgment" is given to the Son. But then we see the Urim and Thummin (just these two things) that remain a mystery. Like what do these signify?

So if we have a breastplate of judgment (with these two things) we often wonder about and remove the judgment (to the Son) wouldnt we have a breastplate (that we put on) of faith and love (of two things) too? And of two specific things (now) defined and pertaining to the breastplate (we put on)? I was curious, well... if it would be too far fetched to believe them to be the same things. I hate to really speculate but Im like everyone else, I will say, hmmm... what could this be pointing out? Then dig dig dig., and see where a thing or two might lead. Then I ended up looking at the mention of two breastplates (the high priest's) with these two things (a mystery) somewhat and the other breastplate (ours) having two things (as defined) and found in Jesus Christ.

And so that was what I was looking at of these two

The Urim (light/ revelation) and the Thummim (perfection).

And perhaps how they (two) could be compared to being in Christ Jesus our high priest (who was given all judgment) and the breastplate (we ourselves put on) which is the breastplate of faith and love. Thats sort of how Im rolling it.

Given our faith (even the faith) of Christ (the light / revelation) from God (Who is love) and how we are "perfected in love". Even as charity is the bond of perfectness. Sorta like that, but not really... like how can I look at what they might signify here (in some way)? See them in the high priests's breastplate but maybe given us by Jesus Christ. In that way I kinda.

The Urim (light/ revelation) and the Thummim (perfection).

Even as we are to (walk in) the light (as He is) in the light even as we are likewise (perfected) in love (charity) being (the bond) of perfectedness

Or of...God (revealed ) His son (the light) in Paul by (a revelation of) Jesus Christ (the perfect man)

Something like that. But not really, I'm just thinking aloud, which I dont like to do so much, but Im curious about this one, but I havent concluded yet.

So we have this breastplate where there is the putting IN two things (the Urim and Thummin). Then (for us) there is the breastplate of faith and love we are to put ON. And so (also) with this breastplate is the putting ON of these two things. The Urim (light/ revelation) and the Thummim (perfection) in the one, and faith and love (in the other)

So if you put your sunglasses on, heres the comparisons I was looking at so far

The Highpriest's breastplate of judgment

Exodus 28:30 And thou shalt put IN the breastplate of judgment the Urim (light/ revelation) and the Thummim (perfection).

But since all judgment is given to the Son (our high priest) the breastplate we put on, having these two

1Thes 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting ON the breastplate of faith and love

Which is followed up in with the same consistency (of these two things) IN Christ (of which two) are often mentioned together and even "working together"

For example...

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

1Titus 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2Titus 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Phil 1:5 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;

Now this way. Christ is the light of the world (the light that lighteth every man) God called the light "day" also

1Thes 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting ON the breastplate of faith (gift of God) and love (perfection)

Exodus 28:30 And thou shalt put IN the breastplate of judgment the Urim (light/ revelation) and the Thummim (perfection).

Is there an exception to judgement? Lets look...here is executing judgment

Psalm 149:9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

Zech 7:9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

So again...Lets start here...

Jesus is the high priest of our profession

1) breastplate, breast piece a) sacred pouch of the high priest designed to hold the Urim and Thummim.

Then speaks of putting these IN here...

Exodus 28:30 And thou shalt put IN the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim

And they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

Whereas we see here...

Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are**the figures** of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,..

1Tit 4:15 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Thats bout all I was looking at and about all I have and still need to sit with this one. Because in a sense too mercy and compassion would very much seem to work in the judgment also. I would usually stick something like this aside (with no comment yet) but I had a change of heart, and just figured I'd post it. Food for thought, so what I'm undecided yet (just curious) but arent we all on somethings?

Well mee too:thumbsup:

Our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ richly bless you.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanksgiving and blessing be to our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, God is good. God bless you in Christ Jesus as well.

Decided to tackle Daniel and Revelation,on just certain parts, building a foundation. I avoid Daniel and then my curiousity kills me and I eventually go through a little investigation and then throw my hands up again and then return to it later lol. Its like this weird patern with me. And I have said before I am a fence sitter on certain things like this because if I cant handle it myself and see it aright (for myself) I will stay undecided. So I decided to dig a little and post those things I see in accord so far.

Pretty short, just starting this, theres others that can be posted in too, but I set those aside to add into another. I just wanted a foundation so kept it simply put between the beast (forth Kingdom) and the ten horns, wherein one come up subdued three and became one of the seven (being the eighth). This study does not include the mark of the beast, but more establishing the forth Kingdom and the horns (very simply)

After Daniel saw some other beasts , it was after those this one caught his eye most.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which* the horn spake: I beheld even till* the beast was slain, and* his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful,whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them:and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

See? That was short, I just started on looking at this so I gotta get my stuff together here. Our God richly bless you

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tasteful restraint on the color scheme. Refresh me if you will, on the scheme behind the arrangement. I'm wanting to put some kind of different inflection or fake foreign accent for each color. ;)

It never lasts long Rick, try as I may ^_^

I just cant help myself, I fell back into my old paterns lol

How you been brother? You been much more scarce on the boards as of late, hope all is well with you are yours (Mickey too) lol

Got a life dont cha? lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be most blessed for ever, and our Great God and Father bless you in Christ our Lord.

I was on another thread, and posted on this, but I didnt like that one so much so I redid it added in much more (differently) and again, will most likely edit it (as always). The law and the prophets in what places I could make it flow, speaking of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and some of the references to them. (this is sorta longer) Just a combination of various into one.

After our Lord had risen...

And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

What things?

And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;

And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.

And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

They are they which testify of me

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

And ye are witnesses of these things.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Philip hearing the eunuch reading the prophet Esaias

The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

They are they which testify of me

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin...

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said,

Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up

This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven

And ye are witnesses of these things.

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?

Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand

What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

And no man was able to answer him a word...

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?

They say unto him, The Son of David.

He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This he said, signifying what death he should die.

The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.

And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses (the law) and Elias (the prophets)

Who appeared in glory, and spake of "his decease" which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed

These testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

But "those things", which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

And God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead

Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world,

Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?

How is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

And when he (Herod) had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph (because he was of the house and lineage of David Luke 2:4 ) her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

Hear ye now, O house of David

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

His life was "taken from the earth"

In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

For I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Which in his times he "shall shew"

I will most likely edit this, Im just tired lol
Edited this 12 times, shows how the prophets before mesh in with the apostles a little better

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another thread on how husbands out to treat their wives (and howso) got this one going. I have to make dinner so I might ad to this later. But you can see the comparisons in the kind of love (through the servitude) of Christ washing the churches feet (loving his body) His gentleness towards them. But also in the honour as he said he did not honour himself but the Father honoured him even as he speaks of the one who serves him the Father would honour. And how the Father loved me so also he loved them and leaves and example to men in how to love their wives. Which is interesting that husbands (in respects to the honour) are to give that honour to the wife. And also included is Peters admonishment to the husbands concerning their prayers being hindered and where that can be shown in Malichi also. In respects to the wife of "thy" convenant. So I thought I would post these. And basically from the husbands side of things within the headship of God, the head of Christ, and Christ the head of the church and husband being head of the wife.

Similiarities which seem to show the same...

Ephes 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Ephes 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

John 13:13-14 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Ephes 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Ephes 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 8:49-50... I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

1Cr 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

1Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

John 12:36 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Luke 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Ephes 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

To husbands....
Mal 2:13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.

Mal 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Mal 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

1Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

See it in Mal? The LORD would not hear the husbands prayers because of being the witness between the husband and wife. He being the head of the husbands (unto Whom) the husbands are answerable (to)

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed be the God and Father or our Lord Jesus Christ, and God bless you as well. I am trying to make better connections here so I am redoing this one. Its not done yet, I have little interruption coming over, and this wouldn't fit into my PM, so I am just posting this here to return to it later.This one is trying to better show everlasting covenant in Isaiah 55:3 and how it pulls in through Acts where you can see Jesus in them. I need to tweek these better.

Just the way they are worded in Jesus Christ

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm (Psalm16:10), Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

1Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

If we back up to this one again...

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Of David who wrote that Psalm the apostles said...

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Christ expounded to his disciples those things written in the prophets and psalms concerning him. And just as the eunuch asked Philip to clarify who does this prophet speak of? Of himself or some other man? Likewise do the apostles clarify David was not speaking of himself (for they are they which testify of me)

Acts 2:31 He (David) seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Acts 2:23 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

1Cr 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus,

Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Ephes 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

They mention this psalm of David also

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm (Psalm16:10), Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Here clarifying what David was speaking of

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Here is that psalm

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Then watch how these are worded (between them)

Then here "as concerning" (and on "what wise" he said)

Be it known unto "therefore" through him is preached this

Which come through Jesus Christ

Will edit this later, wouldn't fit in my PM

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all,:wave:

Our great God and Father bless you in our Lord Jesus Christ.

It feels like forever since I stopped back down here (not really though) just a little over a month. And I havent anything much of a completed to post, but I thought this was sort of pretty

God richly bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all, our God richly bless you in Jesus Christ our Lord. Man, it feels like forever (again) since I posted down here, but I wanted to post one, I keep reworking it. Trying to approach "the when of" this after the oath itself. Inspired to relook at this off of another brothers thread in GT, I have since that time made further changes to it as to when Jesus become high priest that would arise as David foresaw in Psalm 110:1 (speaking beforehand of Christ the Lord). But since I am ready to leave off of this, and set it aside having tweeked it the best of my ability for the last couple of days and so I would like to post it here. It needs further attention to the flow of things in certain places, but that typically comes from working with it, getting more familiar, and sometimes taking a break from it and returning to it later. At least I find that's true for me.

Oh, and I like this (it is instrumental) but it has grown on me, it has a nice sort beat in it as you listen on. So, I just popped it up in this post.

Let the Worshippers Arise - Instrumental with lyrics - YouTube

This is where I chose to start (don't ask) I never know why.

Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things,

Mat 2:4 And when he (Herod) had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

Mat 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, (Mic 2:5, Luke 2:11)

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda ; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

Whose "goings forth" have been from of old, from everlasting (Mic 5:2)

Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: (he is not a priest after the order of Aaron) springing from Judah (Psalm 110:4)

Even as we see

Luke 17:14 And when he (Jesus) saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

Heb 7:21(For those priests were made without an oath;

But this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec) (Psalm 110:4)

Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine:

Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Where you can also see the same pulled forward

He took bread...This is my body...This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

And so by means of death

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

However,

Heb 7:9 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, (Psalm110:4) and not be called after the order of Aaron?

And we know,
Heb 5:4..No man taketh this honour unto **himself**, but he that is called **of God**, as was Aaron.

Even as Jesus said,

John 8:54... If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is **my Father** that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Heb 5:5 **So also** Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Heb 5:10 Called **of God** an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man

Who said,

John 14:28 I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Of Jesus Christ the Lord who sprang out of Judah

And of Him who sprang from Judah

His "goings forth" have been from of old, from everlasting (Mic 5:2)

Even as He (Who descended) said,

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world:

**again**, I leave the world, and go to the Father. (Who Ascended Prov 30:4 & Ephes 4:9)

And so out of Judah (again)...even out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel (Mic 5:2 & Acts 2:26)

Provs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? This question here pertains to His Sons name

Therefore...

Romans 1:3 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Whereas after Jesus Christ was crucified (Isaiah 53:10) buried (Isaiah 53:9) and resurrected (Acts 2:31, Isaiah 55:3, Psalm 110:1)

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (Psalm 110:1, Acts 2:30- Prov 30:4)

David (being a prophet) seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ... (Acts 2:31)

Wherein the same psalm

Psalm 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Who is also a king,

Psalm 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

The apostles confirm ^that ^ verse had to be fulfilled (and speaks to "this day")

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Even as it says in the second psalm,

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree ... and what is declared?

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Therefore...

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Whereas the law (made nothing perfect) and upon which basis they argued for the need of another priest that would arise according to what David had spoken in the Psalm (which again) was in the context of the resurrection. Which is also in accord with God who hath begotten us again (by a lively hope) which did make perfect (in contrast) even as by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Now they ask (watch in the following verse how Hebrews argues their question here)

John 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

Now consider how great!

Heb 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Gen 14:18 And he was the priest of the most high God. he blessed him,

Heb 7:6...He whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Heb 7:7 ***And without all contradiction*** the less is blessed of the better.

Jesus said to them...

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Heb 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine:

Psalm 104:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

And he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him,

Again ( the last part of the verse, in the context of Abraham) "whom makest thou thyself"?

John 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom ***makest thou thyself?***

Heb 5:10 ***Called of God*** an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Who is a king

Ecc 8:2 I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.

Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

Heb 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

The Lord our righteousness, even as He is our peace.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Swearing by the Greater (even Himself)

Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

Even as My Father (whom ye say, is your God) is Greater then all

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Even as men swear by the Greater

Heb 6:16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.

Wherein,

Heb 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Heb 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedek

By the oath again,

Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec)

So not without an oath, and

Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Which is by means of death, who is the mediator of the new testatment

Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

So if he were on earth he should not be a priest, even as elsewhere it says his life was taken from the earth

John 14:28 I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, (Psalm 110:4) and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Heb 7:6 But he (Melchizidek) whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Even as the less is blessed of the better

Likewise the same is true going forward to Jesus Christ (and then looking back) in respects to the priesthhood itself.

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

He was made of the seed of David, but He descended (from above) so His descent (even as High priest) in that order is not counted from them. He was before them) even as He said before Abraham was I am.

Heb 7:6 But he (Melchizidek) whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Heb 7:21(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec)

Heb 7:9 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

So those priests (made so without an oath) aren't suffered to continue "by reason of" death

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Which is by means of death, even as He is the mediator of the new testament

Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Whereas they (on the other hand) were yet without strength until Christ died

For while he was yet with them the testament (which is of force) only after men are dead was of no strength while the testator (Jesus Christ) liveth, therefore they too would yet be without strength themselves.

Therefore it was expedient for them that he go away, speaks to the power ( even strength) that comes by Him even by means of His death (and even that by the promised Holy Spirit) which come by Him (even His resurrection)

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 2:23 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

That's all folks, if I retweek this you'll see "edited" then. But these are pretty awesome of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm always in awe of Him, what an incredible gift He is! I call Him my heavenly addiction, can never get enough. How blessed we are, what a great God we have, praise His name :thumbsup:

God richly bless all of you too

Upvote 0