The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, You know, I have recently been taken up with writing out prayers to our Father and I am finding such great pleasure (to my surprise) in doing it. I honestly didnt know "where" to post it, then decided to start a blog (where I did) but then I thought, "why not post it here"? Well, I guess since it would be considered a kind of devotional. So here I am.

These are just scriptures I have sought out which are arranged as I might prefer, and slightly tweeked to make them of a more personal prayer (from me to our Father). I really do love this collection of verses together. Mostly, the giving of thanks, praise, and lifting our hands to Him for those things we might desire. And this one (in particular) is more of "what things" I have desired of Him. Might even be what we all desire of Him in some way, I dont know. But these together (to me) are rather edifying so I thought I would share these here. As I arrange more (Lord willing) I will just post under this one instead of making new threads.

God bless all

To our Wonderful Father...

Our Father of all Glory Who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy great name.

My God be most blessed!

With all that is within me I bless You and render the thanksgiving due to your name.

I come before your throne in the name of Your most precious Son, our Lord Jesus Christ to offer up my praise and thanks to our most wonderful God and Father. Thank you My God for all the riches of your goodness toward us in Christ.

Blessed be the Rock of my salvation!

There is none so great as Him, and none more desirable then He.

Thy Kingdom come thy will be done, on this earth as it is in Heaven

All thanksgiving, blessing and honor be to my God forever!

I will make my requests known to the living God, in whom I make my boast, give ear O LORD for you are the God who truly hears

May the God of my joy provide all my provision as I look to Him this day for my daily bread.

How great is Your faithfulness, My God be most blessed!

Grant unto me an understanding heart that I may discern between good and evil and always have within me the willingness of heart and the power by Christ to perform the good. That I might walk before you unto all pleasing by Christ Jesus the Lord

Father forgive me all my trespasses as I also forgive those who trespass against me as you know

Grant unto me this also, that as evil abounds that it might not grieve me, be to me my Shield and the Peace that guards my heart, in whom I both rejoice and take refuge.

Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil

For your name's sake and for the praise of the glory of your grace let not iniquity have dominion over me

Set a watch at lips, let the words of my mouth , and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight. If only it be that my sentence come forth from your presence, that I might rejoice you always in speaking what is right

Grant unto me my desire, that I may be filled with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, having all power to grow up into my fullest measure of the stature of Christ,

Of You I ask for a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You.

All my desire is known of You, and after my desire I will seek, and after the same will I ask, "that I might know You"

And now my Father having the eyes of my understanding enlightened cause me to fully know what is the hope of your calling, and what is the exceeding riches of the glory of this inheritance in all your saints.

May it be your good pleasure to enlarge me, may the peace of my God that passes all understanding and the love of Christ my Savior, which passes all knowledge abide with me and ever increasingly so that I might be filled with all my desire, the fullness of My God.

For with You all things are possible, without You what can I do? I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land.

Now unto the great God who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I can ask or think, unto the God of all power I present my requests

Cause me to know the exceeding greatness of Your power to us-ward who put our trust in You, and to know the working of Your mighty power which you exerted in Christ Jesus the Lord when you raised Him from the dead

Would that My God be pleased to count me worthy of His calling, and to fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power

And this I pray also, according to the will of my Lord that the Lord of the harvest would send forth laborers into His harvest in the hope always that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified in them that hear

And that the name of the Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in me, and me in him, according to the grace of my God

That it would please the God of all peace to sanctify me wholly; that my whole spirit soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May the love you have shed abroad in my heart abound yet more and more unto the praise of Your glory even in knowledge and in all judgment.

My thanks and praise to My God who hears us by Christ, My God be forever blessed , and may all who love our Lord Jesus be enriched with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

In The Name of our precious Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this by Hans Zimmer, been in an instrumental mood lately, I guess its because its far easier to meditate listening to various instrumentals then songs (in general) so I thought I would post this too.

Heres another arrangement of verses (not in prayer form) But these speak to me when I have done wrong before the LORD and must wait upon Him. The same can be shown to be inclusive of suffering for doing right (verses wrong) or going through a time of tribulation.

This one (in particular) is for doing wrong and receiving His correction for it. So thats how I am running this one, in a kind of back and forth...

LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?

Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.

Ye returned and wept before the LORD; but the LORD would not hearken to your voice, nor give ear unto you.

Your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me

My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.

Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?

When we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently?

Mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

And He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy.

Ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth

But if ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD

I thought on my ways... and turned my feet.... unto thy testimonies. Mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.

LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon me. Order my steps in thy word: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me

My God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect

Why hidest thou thy face from me?

In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?

For the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Thine anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning

And Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.

For when he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him?

O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.

For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

For the blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Then I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.

Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

I had to cut this one in half it was too long, but I do like these together. I might re edit it, it seems to be all I do is re edit them over and over again. But arranging them, rearranging them and thinking about them all day has been such a blessing.

God's richest blessing in Christ Jesus

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, this stinks, I keep forgetting while adding and adding more that characters are limited and always have to go back and delete, and end up being very undecided as to what I should delete, and then lose the highs through them, so now Im not having as much fun save to write them in my docs. But I am rather longwinded anyway. I'll post my next one under this post.

Including this by Hans Zimmer as well, I really love this one too

I kept repeating this one all day as I thought, wow, just love this

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph...

And He asked them...What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?

They say unto him, The Son of David.

He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things

David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth.

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I really like Hans Zimmer, just been listening to his music as of late, I just think its so beautiful, so I will probrobly post one of his with each post.

I was playing around with some of these today. I have honestly been in la la land and enjoying it. Its so much better to sit before the LORD and meditate on His words then come to the forums to enter into debate, Im just so loving this. Again, I had to cut out a little, but not so bad.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word

Thus, we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:.

For we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me

And for this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one

God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell,

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Therefore grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

And that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Therefore, let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is really pretty too by Hans Zimmer, gets better even. I just had to order some of these, this was one of those I ordered. I just got a verizon warning for going over my limit since listening to these (and others) daily, so best to just purchase them I suppose.

Love this one too

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That last one lacked a bit, might go back and edit it later.

I sorta like this mix of Hans Zimmer ...

I think I need to get over my Hans addiction, and post something else, not sure yet

For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

If any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake

What is your life?

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

And according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I know whom I have believed,
my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed

That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, an overnight power outage took this morning's post, which I was working on last night. So be it, the LORDS will, perhaps something better will follow.

I found this video on the names of God, to be honest I wasnt sure I was going to like it, but it did sorta grow on me, so I figured to post it, since I havent my own post, and Fridays I am often more busy.

God bless you:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont even know what you might call this... its not really "a song" I dont think. I actually wish I can find more similar to this, but I dont know what category something like this would fall under to look for more. And I might be considered a bit odd here on this one but honestly I really do like this kind of thing.

I suppose, whatever floats each of our boats huh?

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did like this one better when I started it then I diverted off. I have the hardest time staying within one similitude when you can catch it tying into another a little, then I veer off. I should have separated them into two rather then blending them together, so I might redit this later. Its just a way you can sorta catch a thing between the two (in the beginning) even between the law (and prophets) which prophesied until John (who was a light) and the testimony (the greater light (or a Christ, the light of all men) whereas the testimony of Christ is confirmed in you. Catching the same in two great lights too. Just similar is all.

Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord

God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:

He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

But I have greater witness than that of John

.... the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And God called the light Day...

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be...

...he made the stars also.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Who hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever

For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

He is the stone laid in Zion...

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

Christ in you, your hope of glory

Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone

Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

He is the stone most precious, Even as unto you therefore which believe he is precious

Her light is likened unto the stone most precious

Likewise, we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.

Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works

He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them:

So shall thy seed be.

Ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,

and to an innumerable company of angels,

Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Our God is just so awesome

I have to work on this one some more .

This is sort of pretty

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is pretty, wanted to post this also

Dont know where I was headed here, but you can catch the patern in returning to them in various ways, they always bless me. Moreso of Christ in you

Makes me think of using brick for stone (and the LORD coming down to see and confound even here)

And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

He saith unto them...whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it,

but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,

but my Father which is in heaven.

Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation

A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it:

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift!

To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Unto you therefore which believe he is precious...

Unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Andrew finds Simon and brings him to Christ

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

He saith unto them...whom say ye that I am?

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Again...

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Out of space

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My goodness this is not even half of it, I think, how on earth to order these things up? I'll post more later off these below, Im having so much fun really.

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?

Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I
ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

The Lord having expounded these things to his disciples

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

What is his son's named is begged through this question...

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Jesus asks....If David calls him Lord, how then can he be Davids Son?

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

David is not ascended, but David seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ

He is a God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.

And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth.

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

to be continued...

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is pretty too...

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

And God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec

By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death

But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless our Great God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ:thumbsup:

Was thinking on these this morning, and so I am posting these

In your patience possess ye your souls.

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

And hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

And the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

Our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

For he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God.

For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking on these today and had to split these into two posts, though I cut alot out already.

This being created in Christ unto good works, adding to our faith (so to speak) which I didnt add in because its long enough, I'll add those in another way on another post though, I can never seem to either squeeze everything in or find endless ways to run a scenario of verses differently yet in the same accord, His words are truly awesome

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus "unto" good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Therefore leaving "the principles of" the doctrine of Christ, let us go on "unto perfection"; not laying again the foundation of repentance from "dead" works, and "of faith" toward God,

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, "zealous of "good works.

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him "in love":

Let us consider one another to provoke unto love "and" to good works

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Charge them that "are rich "in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

That they do good, that they "be rich in" good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate.

If a man say, I love "God", and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, "how can" he love God whom he hath not seen?

If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, "how" dwelleth the love of God "in" him?

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works

In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Removed, sounded too studyish, I want to back off of doing that

Hey I really like this, its Egyptian sounding (Yeah...I know, I know) but I like it, Im not shy about what I like in music as strange as someone else might think it is.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice, especially the percussion. & that Mideastern scale the music follows.
First one was OK, but pretty only goes so far with me. The last one has mystery & adventure in the sound even if the first one has some of that in the lyrics.

I wanted to just stop by & say, "Hi Firetire!" LOL
Mickey & I had a great little adventure today when I overthrew the frisbee & it landed in the creek. It was upside down so it floated down to where we could walk out on rocks to get it.

Yes, don't get too bookish! Tell the Delivery Boy I said hi to him, too.
Sorry your homepage was getting to be too much of a distraction.
Surf on, sister!:kiss::wave:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey bro:hug:

Good to see you Rick. Yes, I changed some things and am continuing to and God has worked out for the good, and a great blessing too. Felt it was the LORDS will for me. And so far Gods grace has been plentiful toward a former conviction, my intention and turning, He is good:thumbsup:

And I will tell the delivery boy :thumbsup:
Tell Dawn I send my love

((hugs)) for mickey and you too bro

And you know, that third one is the best "Chevalier de Sangreal" is my ultimate favorite so far, that really grew on me...just sends me to heaven (tears, the whole thing) everytime now.

Now I am just "so so" on music with words, I preferring no words (for the most part) and really shouldnt have posted the others, maybe I will edit them out and chose what I like the best.

This one is really nice, its changes around 3 minutes in. I have been collecting similar, because they are wonderful to study and meditate on His word with, (works for me anyway)

Glad you stopped by to say Hi, God bless you bro:hug:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These come through a post I was reading where it seems abiding in the apostles teachings is repugnant to many these days, as if the Spirit of God did not inspire their words and would mock (through them) His own words. Its really crazy what you come across these days. Boggles my mind (everytime). Believe us, not the scripture... wow, as if Jesus confirms their words over His own apostles or something. I will say no more....

I'll also post one of my favorites on Jesus words after this one.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me .

God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And so they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

We have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

I like this one too, its tender....

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love these which testify of Jesus Christ:thumbsup:

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth;and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken

They are they which testify of me

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

These testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

For mine eyes have seen thy salvation

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses (the law) and Elias (the prophets)

Who appeared in glory, and spake of "his decease" which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

And God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

For I have not spoken of myself

God said by Moses...I will put my words in his mouth

And... he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

For these testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

The eunuch sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In whom ye also trusted,after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Upvote 0