Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you genuinely expect Hilary to be Obama II? Because I have a hard time seeing it despite living among Trump supporters. Here are my questions:

1. Are you aware that Hilary is pragmatic and likely doesn't genuinely support most of the things she claims? How does it make you feel that her positions have clearly changed throughout her career (gay marriage, TPP, welfare, immigration, etc.) from when her husband was president to now?

2. Do you trust the globalists who want Hilary in power for financial reasons? Do you dismiss people that claim the Left has an agenda, not just for America but the West in general? I aso this because even those dreaded Koch brothers want Hilary to win--and it's obvious to everyone that it's because her policies--or, rather, the policies she will continue--would give them more money.

3. Are you concerned with Hilary getting involved in a war or foreign conflict of any kind? Obama likely assumed he wouldn't have to do that until he took office, and I've noticed the one thing Hilary has not promised is a war-free presidency.

4. Do you expect Hilary to care for minorities as much as OBama has? Do you expect her to give "not all Muslims" speeches during acts of terrorism, "this is why we need gun control" speeches during shootings, and "racism still exists" speeches after a black person murders a police officer? Because frankly, I don't and look forward to the end of the pro-third-world rhetoric.

In my mind, Hilary is forced to act like OBama. And at some point she'll drop the act or behave differently if some lobbyist people need her to. At the same time I don't think she's a mindless lapdog--one has to be intelligent to arrange a shaky political marriage and keep yourself in politics despite being unlikeable. If she wins it might only be because people would rater have her than Trump.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you genuinely expect Hilary to be Obama II? Because I have a hard time seeing it despite living among Trump supporters. Here are my questions:

1. Are you aware that Hilary is pragmatic and likely doesn't genuinely support most of the things she claims? How does it make you feel that her positions have clearly changed throughout her career (gay marriage, TPP, welfare, immigration, etc.) from when her husband was president to now?
You mean she's changed her opinions over 20 some years? I like that, I've changed my opinions over those years also. I'm actually pretty suspicious of anyone who doesn't change over time. That means they don't have an opinion they have a religion. :wave:

2. Do you trust the globalists who want Hilary in power for financial reasons? Do you dismiss people that claim the Left has an agenda, not just for America but the West in general? I aso this because even those dreaded Koch brothers want Hilary to win--and it's obvious to everyone that it's because her policies--or, rather, the policies she will continue--would give them more money.
I'm not voting for them I'm voting for the candidate who I think will move in the direction I want him/her to move.

3. Are you concerned with Hilary getting involved in a war or foreign conflict of any kind? Obama likely assumed he wouldn't have to do that until he took office, and I've noticed the one thing Hilary has not promised is a war-free presidency.
Nope. I'm pretty sure you won't find any candidate anywhere who promises a "war-free presidency". :)

4. Do you expect Hilary to care for minorities as much as OBama has? Do you expect her to give "not all Muslims" speeches during acts of terrorism, "this is why we need gun control" speeches during shootings, and "racism still exists" speeches after a black person murders a police officer? Because frankly, I don't and look forward to the end of the pro-third-world rhetoric.
As long as she doesn't stop at the Republican propaganda phrase "thought and prayers" I'll be happy.

In my mind, Hilary is forced to act like OBama. And at some point she'll drop the act or behave differently if some lobbyist people need her to. At the same time I don't think she's a mindless lapdog--one has to be intelligent to arrange a shaky political marriage and keep yourself in politics despite being unlikeable. If she wins it might only be because people would rater have her than Trump.
since there wasn't a question in the last part I'll just point out: I suspect no one is going to suddenly change their mind about start supporting Mr Trump, but I do believe his "supporters" are going to start dropping away in the next couple of weeks. Why? Because a candidate who is "unlikable" (what ever that means) is far superior to a candidate who is...well not Presidential. :)
tulc(hopes that helps) ;)

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you genuinely expect Hilary to be Obama II? Because I have a hard time seeing it despite living among Trump supporters.

Nope. I don't expect her to be Obama II or Bill II. I expect her to be Hillary.

Here are my questions:

I wouldn't trust someone whose positions and beliefs didn't change over time. People aren't stamped out in a factory.

2. Do you trust the globalists who want Hilary in power for financial reasons?

Which globalists?

Do you dismiss people that claim the Left has an agenda, not just for America but the West in general?

I think that anybody who uses the word agenda probably has one of their own. But of course the Left has an agenda. So does the Right. So does Texas. So does everybody--that's what politics is.

I aso this because even those dreaded Koch brothers want Hilary to win--and it's obvious to everyone that it's because her policies--or, rather, the policies she will continue--would give them more money.

I don't keep up with the Koch brothers.

3. Are you concerned with Hilary getting involved in a war or foreign conflict of any kind?

Why would I be?

Obama likely assumed he wouldn't have to do that until he took office, and I've noticed the one thing Hilary has not promised is a war-free presidency.

That makes no sense. Of course Obama wasn't CiC until he took office. Since we're already at war, such a promise from Hillary would be stupid.

Probably, she will.

In my mind, Hilary is forced to act like OBama. And at some point she'll drop the act or behave differently if some lobbyist people need her to.

I've never seen her "act like Obama".

At the same time I don't think she's a mindless lapdog--one has to be intelligent to arrange a shaky political marriage and keep yourself in politics despite being unlikeable. If she wins it might only be because people would rater have her than Trump.

If you say so.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Isn't it mostly Republicans who paint Hillary as a second Obama and that her administration would be the same? If anything I'm worried that her rhetoric in many places is to the right of Obama, though it does align with some of his actions.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Do you genuinely expect Hilary to be Obama II?

Well, as opposed to Trump who is more of a Wheel of Fortune, with half of the pie slices labelled bankrupt, then yes, Hillary is closer to Obama II. Obama I added 50% to my stock investments, and my house equity has risen, so... yes, more please.

1. Are you aware that Hilary is pragmatic and likely doesn't genuinely support most of the things she claims? How does it make you feel that her positions have clearly changed throughout her career (gay marriage, TPP

A huge number of people have changed their minds on gay marriage over the past few decades. That's fine. I'm glad she's on my side now. Even if she's a secret anti-gay-marriage person, I'm pretty convinced that she will follow the will of the people (which is now majority for gay marriage). So that's not much of a problem for me.

Do you dismiss people that claim the Left has an agenda, not just for America but the West in general?

You'll have to take your tinfoil hat off and speak plainly.

I as[k] this because even those dreaded Koch brothers want Hilary to win--and it's obvious to everyone that it's because her policies--or, rather, the policies she will continue--would give them more money.

Now let's be fair, the Koch brothers are just sitting this one out (on the presidential level). They are not supporting Hillary. They are supporting downticket Republicans. They realize Trump is a disaster for the country (and thus themselves), and that's cool.

Are you concerned with Hilary getting involved in a war or foreign conflict of any kind? Obama likely assumed he wouldn't have to do that until he took office, and I've noticed the one thing Hilary has not promised is a war-free presidency.

Concerned? Sure. But I support our NATO allies, and so does she. If Putin brings war, war he shall get.

Do you expect Hilary to care for minorities as much as OBama has? Do you expect her to give "not all Muslims" speeches during acts of terrorism, "this is why we need gun control" speeches during shootings, and "racism still exists" speeches after a black person murders a police officer? Because frankly, I don't and look forward to the end of the pro-third-world rhetoric.

I just don't know what to do with this, based on so many suppositions and implicit assumptions. Whatever Clinton's views on race and religion are, they are clearly superior to Trump's which are a travesty of epic proportions.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

1. Are you aware that Hilary is pragmatic and likely doesn't genuinely support most of the things she claims?
Not trying to be rude, but just a note: it's Hillary.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes, I'm aware. This would have been quite a long period of time for someone to have not changed their views on things. I'm inclined to think that someone whose mind hasn't changed on many issues in that time might be somewhat dogmatic.
2. Do you trust the globalists who want Hilary in power for financial reasons?
No. Hillary is a neoliberal, though one hopes this will be watered down slightly by her need to move towards the Sandernistas. Neoliberalism is an ideology which has failed, and those still clinging to it are forcing working class people towards political extremes.
Of course the left has an agenda. Social justice, equality, egalitarianism, peace and prosperity.
I aso this because even those dreaded Koch brothers want Hilary to win--and it's obvious to everyone that it's because her policies--or, rather, the policies she will continue--would give them more money.
They're not supporting Hillary or Trump. I imagine they're torn between the economic instability of a Trump presidency and the fact that Hillary doesn't deny the science of climate change
3. Are you concerned with Hilary getting involved in a war or foreign conflict of any kind?
Yes. But sometimes it is necessary, and I do not want a US president who is an isolationist.
I've noticed the one thing Hilary has not promised is a war-free presidency.
Who could possibly promise that? A liar I guess.
Do you expect her to give "not all Muslims" speeches during acts of terrorism, "this is why we need gun control" speeches during shootings, and "racism still exists" speeches after a black person murders a police officer?
I certainly hope so. The thought of the leader of the free world standing up and making prejudiced speeches is not a pleasant one.
If she wins it might only be because people would rater have her than Trump.
That will certainly be the reason.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I don't think I worded myself well, but what I was trying to see was what people expected out of Hillary (I had no idea her name had two Ls!) TBH Hillary isn't as undesirable as she is made out to be, but to me she doesn't seem like another Obama, and it seems like that's the main reason why people want to vote for her, besides that they don't like Trump.

Upvote 0