✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 8:7 (NKJV)
Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

This is our natural mind, that which we received by our births into this world. This is the mind that can not be subject to the laws of God. For anyone who has been a Christian for a season, has experienced this mind at battle with them in prayer. We would pray, but our minds bring this or that thought to the forefront. Many thoughts are so bad we would choose not to think them, if we could just figure out how to make them stop..... This is the carnal mind, this is that, that we are to reckon ourselves dead to....This mind that can not be, and will not be subject to the laws of God.

As this truth of reckoning ourselves dead to these thoughts is learned by experience. This mind becomes less and less the controlling power of life in the believer. Though it is true this mind, to some degree, will always remain with the believer as long as they are in the body... The renewing of the mind takes place as the believer learns to reckon themselves dead to this mind. As this reckoning is learned, this mind loses it’s control, over the mind, heart and life of the believer..

This will be, and is the constant battle in the believer.. Which one will the believer choose to obey. The carnal mind or the new law of life that was born in each believer at the moment of salvation... The believer needs to know that this new law of life is in them, and this law of life is access by the faith of the heart turned towards it. For only to the degree that the heart chooses to yield to this new law of life in them, to this degree will they experience this walking in newness of life. Which the scriptures speaks of, which is our inheritance in Christ.

It is a yielding to this new life, that is the reckoning ourselves dead in other verses.. Both scriptures are putting forth and pointing to the same truth;

“to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are.”

Christ or self, both lives, both minds, are in the believer. Which one rules, is measured by the fruit that the life produces. There are no substitutes, it is always one or the other that is being manifested, in the small as well as in the large..... Christ or self, blessings or curses God has set before the heart of man.

The new birth is that that opens up and secures the potential of receiving God’s blessings. But the degree of blessings, and the choice of remaining a carnal or infant in Christ, is the choice of the believer’s heart...... (For I believe it to be true, to the degree one matures in Christ in this life, to that degree will they be able to experience the fullness of the Heavenly life..... but this is besides the matter.)

For of a truth, Christ has been given to mankind. Mankind can have as much or as little of Him as his hearts desire after Him is.

Though the gifts and offices do differ, the close personal, intimate relationship with Christ can be as strong in any believer as that believer would have it.

Oh to have a heart like David that would follow God fully.

Be blessed as we pray for this heart in each and every one that would have it, Not me

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. This is our natural mind, that which we received by our births into this world. This is the mind that can not be subject to the laws of God.

That's why we are under Grace rather than law.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's why we are under Grace rather than law.
Ahh, but are we not promised that real grace, Biblical grace, teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, so that we can bring every thought into subjection.... every thought... to the obedience of Christ?

Is this not possible? Are His promises just "goals", carrots on a stick that we can never eat? The church has simply cried out "GRACE!" whenever we fail, but for many, they never question why God would offer us promises to overcome the world, the flesh and the devil, only to see us struggle and fail again and again. Eventually, our failure has led us to give up hope that His promises actually are yes and amen. The enemy may not be able to keep us from our heavenly reward, but he sure has done a good job on keeping the church defeated and silent as to the sureness of our God.

It is time we learned the secret of how to take every thought captive to obedience. In these last days, God is about to awaken His own, long asleep and content with religious husks that promise much but deliver little. The truth of who we really are, and what are birthright is as new creatures, is about to to dawn on us as we awaken to righteousness and truly want to live holy for our Heavenly Father. We are about to understand that grace is not just forgiveness but POWER to live our bodily appetites controlled by the Spirit of God that dwells within us.

The OP is spot on. Take his words to heart, for they are not his but for the Father himself. We are about to learn how to walk as overcomers, not as hanger-oners. Glory!

blessings,

Gideon

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Gideons300

Hi Gids! :)

Hope all is Christ in and with you. All is Christ here, with the hope for increase tomorrow! :)

Thanks for your thoughts and be blessed as we learn Christ, Not me
I smiled when I saw you post. One thing I have seen over the years, those who have reckoned themselves dead by faith may stray at times as they are becoming established in the faith, but they can never "unsee" what has been revealed to them.

In my previous walk, my pendulum may occasionally go over to walking pleasing to the Lord, but the set point on the pendulum would invariably return to the carnal nature. What a joy it is to have ones pendulum reset by the Holy Spirit.

It is so foreign for believers today to experience God "causing them" to walk in obedience to Him but this is exactly what God has promised that the new covenant would do for us. (Ezekiel 36]. May the hearts of His elect begin to cry out for God to mold them into true, joy-filled, obedient children of God. It is not to the strong but to the hungry, to the weak who will see their feet planted on the highway of holiness.

Such a walk may sound impossible, and if it is up to us, it is! LOL. But after promising to actually cause us to be obedient, He ends with saying

"I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them."

That time of inquiring is now upon us.

blessings to you, my dear brother in the Lord

Gids

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I smiled when I saw you post. One thing I have seen over the years, those who have reckoned themselves dead by faith may stray at times as they are becoming established in the faith, but they can never "unsee" what has been revealed to them.

In my previous walk, my pendulum may occasionally go over to walking pleasing to the Lord, but the set point on the pendulum would invariably return to the carnal nature. What a joy it is to have ones pendulum reset by the Holy Spirit.

It is so foreign for believers today to experience God "causing them" to walk in obedience to Him but this is exactly what God has promised that the new covenant would do for us. (Ezekiel 36]. May the hearts of His elect begin to cry out for God to mold them into true, joy-filled, obedient children of God. It is not to the strong but to the hungry, to the weak who will see their feet planted on the highway of holiness.

Such a walk may sound impossible, and if it is up to us, it is! LOL. But after promising to actually cause us to be obedient, He ends with saying

"I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them."

That time of inquiring is now upon us.

blessings to you, my dear brother in the Lord

Gids

Love your heart! Love the truths God has revealed in you....You are a treasure to know!

May it be a truth in our hearts;

“All of Him and nothing of us.”

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

This is our natural mind, that which we received by our births into this world. This is the mind that can not be subject to the laws of God. For anyone who has been a Christian for a season, has experienced this mind at battle with them in prayer. We would pray, but our minds bring this or that thought to the forefront. Many thoughts are so bad we would choose not to think them, if we could just figure out how to make them stop..... This is the carnal mind, this is that, that we are to reckon ourselves dead to....This mind that can not be, and will not be subject to the laws of God.
Had you read two more verses you would have the cure for the problem.
It is written..."But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
(Rom 8:9)

Rom 6:3-6 tells us how to get rid of the flesh, the carnal old man who disobeys God.
Crucify it, and bury it.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is written..."But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Rom 6:3-6 tells us how to get rid of the flesh, the carnal old man who disobeys God.
Crucify it, and bury it.

Thank you for your thoughts.....Be blessed as we learn this truth, to reckon ourselves dead onto sin and alive unto God, whereby we might walk in newness of life....and be pleasing to God in all we do.

In the beloved, Not me

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Crucify it, and bury it.
What you present sounds logical. But it is my experience that all my attempts to try to crucify my flesh simply resulted in my flesh getting stronger.

It was not until I finally ran out of ways to try to kill my flesh and had no strength left, no new ideas as to how to truly see it die, that God finally showed me the path He has prepared for all of us.

it is not to attempt over and over to try to crucify our flesh, to die to self,in truth an impossibility, and instead to believe we actually are no longer that old carnal natured man anymore. This is what reckoning ourselves dead to sin really is.

Until we grasp this truth by faith, instead of by our strength, we will fail miserably. How do we arrive at the point where we can believe such a thing? Well, in my case, my continued failure led to desperation and when one finally has no other option than to only believe, faith finally came alive in my heart.

It is true that if we are Christ's, we owe the flesh nothing just as Paul told us. But how does one get from theory to real experiential victory? How many Christians say they believe that, yet their experience is the opposite, and sins big and small still ensnare them?

It is not enough to know with our heads we are new creatures. Our hearts must grasp it by faith, for it is only then that we can walk in the free indeed that Jesus has clearly promised us.

blessings, Phil

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What you present sounds logical. But it is my experience that all my attempts to try to crucify my flesh simply resulted in my flesh getting stronger.
What was logical about my post was the way in which God kills the old fleshly oriented man before we are "raised with Him to walk in newness of life".
Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (for the remission of past sins).

It was not until I finally ran out of ways to try to kill my flesh and had no strength left, no new ideas as to how to truly see it die, that God finally showed me the path He has prepared for all of us.
it is not to attempt over and over to try to crucify our flesh, to die to self,in truth an impossibility, and instead to believe we actually are no longer that old carnal natured man anymore. This is what reckoning ourselves dead to sin really is.
Until we grasp this truth by faith, instead of by our strength, we will fail miserably. How do we arrive at the point where we can believe such a thing? Well, in my case, my continued failure led to desperation and when one finally has no other option than to only believe, faith finally came alive in my heart.
It is true that if we are Christ's, we owe the flesh nothing just as Paul told us. But how does one get from theory to real experiential victory? How many Christians say they believe that, yet their experience is the opposite, and sins big and small still ensnare them?
It is not enough to know with our heads we are new creatures. Our hearts must grasp it by faith, for it is only then that we can walk in the free indeed that Jesus has clearly promised us.
blessings, Phil
Gideon

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mind, heart and life of the believer..
Jesus said: "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength". Moses said: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength". He leaves out the word Mind.

I was just listening to a Rabbi teaching on this and they talk about the soul that goes with our carnal body. Like the animals have. Then he talks about the divine soul that comes from God.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What was logical about my post was the way in which God kills the old fleshly oriented man before we are "raised with Him to walk in newness of life".
Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (for the remission of past sins).
So, practically, do you think you are dead or in the process of dying? Because if it is the latter, it reminds me of Billy Crystal in The Princess Bride. Almost dead is still alive. ☺️

blessings, Gids

• Haha
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, practically, do you think you are dead or in the process of dying? Because if it is the latter, it reminds me of Billy Crystal in The Princess Bride. Almost dead is still alive. ☺️

blessings, Gids
I am dead, and my life is hid with Christ in God.
I am a new creature now, quickened by the Spirit of God.
My death happened when I was "immersed" into Christ's death.
Just as Rom 6:3-6 makes clear.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said: "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength". Moses said: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength". He leaves out the word Mind.

I was just listening to a Rabbi teaching on this and they talk about the soul that goes with our carnal body. Like the animals have. Then he talks about the divine soul that comes from God.
Is he positing about having two souls, or about the one we have after our rebirth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I wish you an increase in Christ in your innermost being as you feed your personal relationship with Him. May He fill you with Himself in a new and awesome way.

Be blessed in Him, Not me

Scripture says they overcame by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony. Keep pressing in and may God bless you as you do.

In Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glory! Indeed you are, dear brother. Oh, that all would have that confidence as to the truth of who they really are in Christ. It is this truth that is our shield of faith when satan comes tempting or accusing.

We have for the most part been trying to kill what is already dead! Is it any wonder many have concluded real victory over the world, the flesh and the devil an impossibility in this life? But praise God, when we finally see it is our unbelief, not our sinful old nature, that has allowed satan to rein blows upon us, causing us to stumble, we can turn from it and instead focus our eyes upon the truth. We ARE new creatures now, this very day! No matter our weakness, we can raise our shields of faith that it is no longer we that live but Christ who now lives in us.
Thank you so much for your confidence in what Jesus has accomplished for us. May God richly bless you!

Gids

• Winner
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glory! Indeed you are, dear brother. Oh, that all would have that confidence as to the truth of who they really are in Christ. It is this truth that is our shield of faith when satan comes tempting or accusing.

We have for the most part been trying to kill what is already dead! Is it any wonder many have concluded real victory over the world, the flesh and the devil an impossibility in this life? But praise God, when we finally see it is our unbelief, not our sinful old nature, that has allowed satan to rein blows upon us, causing us to stumble, we can turn from it and instead focus our eyes upon the truth. We ARE new creatures now, this very day! No matter our weakness, we can raise our shields of faith that it is no longer we that live but Christ who now lives in us.
Thank you so much for your confidence in what Jesus has accomplished for us. May God richly bless you!

Gids

Very, very nicely wrote out! That this truth, that you wrote out here, would be shouted from the rooftop;

“that we have died and our lives are hidden with a Christ in God”,

All we need to do, is to believe it, than reckon it so. In real time, as a ever present reality....Oh the heart that does embrace this truth, is a blessed heart indeed!

Onto Him be our all.

in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahh, but are we not promised that real grace, Biblical grace, teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, so that we can bring every thought into subjection.... every thought... to the obedience of Christ?

Is this not possible? Are His promises just "goals", carrots on a stick that we can never eat? The church has simply cried out "GRACE!" whenever we fail, but for many, they never question why God would offer us promises to overcome the world, the flesh and the devil, only to see us struggle and fail again and again. Eventually, our failure has led us to give up hope that His promises actually are yes and amen. The enemy may not be able to keep us from our heavenly reward, but he sure has done a good job on keeping the church defeated and silent as to the sureness of our God.

It is time we learned the secret of how to take every thought captive to obedience. In these last days, God is about to awaken His own, long asleep and content with religious husks that promise much but deliver little. The truth of who we really are, and what are birthright is as new creatures, is about to to dawn on us as we awaken to righteousness and truly want to live holy for our Heavenly Father. We are about to understand that grace is not just forgiveness but POWER to live our bodily appetites controlled by the Spirit of God that dwells within us.

The OP is spot on. Take his words to heart, for they are not his but for the Father himself. We are about to learn how to walk as overcomers, not as hanger-oners. Glory!

blessings,

Gideon

Why? Because that's how success works. By holding to an ideal vision
that allows you to make decisions that lead toward that vision you hold.

No vision, no results.
And no person expects, perfection in this life.

Upvote 0