Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
David begins to enquire of the Lord.

1 Samuel 23:
1 Then they told David, saying, Behold, the Philistines fight against Keilah, and they
rob the threshing floors.
2 Therefore David enquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I go and smite these Philistines?
And the Lord said unto David, Go, and smite the Philistines, and save Keilah.
3 And David's men said unto him, Behold, we be afraid here in Judah: how much more
then if we come to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines?
4 Then David enquired of the Lord yet again. And the Lord answered him and said,
Arise, go down to Keilah; for I will deliver the Philistines into thine hand.

David not only receives
instructions, but is assured of his success.
David is further strengthened by a priest with an ephod.

6 And it came to pass, when Abiathar the son of Ahimelech fled to David to Keilah,
that he came down with an ephod in his hand.

9 And David knew that Saul secretly practised mischief against him; and he said to
Abiathar the priest, Bring hither the ephod.
10 Then said David, O Lord God of Israel, thy servant hath certainly heard that Saul
seeketh to come to Keilah, to destroy the city for my sake.
11 Will the men of Keilah deliver me up into his hand? will Saul come down, as thy
servant hath heard? O Lord God of Israel, I beseech thee, tell thy servant.
And the Lord said, He will come down.
Then said David, Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand
of Saul? And the Lord said, They will deliver thee up.
Then David and his men, which were about six hundred, arose and departed out of Keilah, and went whithersoever they could go. And it was told Saul that David was escaped from Keilah; and Saul did forbear to go forth.

The Incident At Ziklag

1 Samuel 30:
Now it happened, when David and his men came to Ziklag, on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the South and Ziklag, attacked Ziklag and burned it with fire,
2 and had taken captive the women and those who were there, from small to great; they
did not kill anyone, but carried them away and went their way.
3 So David and his men came to the city, and there it was, burned with fire; and their
wives, their sons, and their daughters had been taken captive.
4 Then David and the people who were with him lifted up their voices and wept, until they
had no more power to weep.
5 And David’s two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the widow of Nabal the Carmelite, had been taken captive.
6 Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul
of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech son, Please bring the ephod here to me. And Abiathar brought the ephod to David.
8 So David inquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue this troop?
Shall I overtake them? And He answered him
, Pursue, for you shall surely
overtake and without fail recover all.