To Christian converts: what was your former religion, if you had one?

Hestha

Jun 1, 2012
✟8,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It often results in ridicule from family and peers and it is totally incompatible with the standards of our Culture . These are but a few of the costs associated with becoming a genuine Christian. In return for wanting this kind of a personal relationship with God, you get eternal security in an unimagnible surrounding in the very presence of God.

Uh...

So, let me guess. Being a Christian means to be an anti-social religious hermit who sacrifices all friendships and kinships in exchange for piety?

Would any of these costs pose a problem for you if the biblical Creator were shown to be real (apart from seeing him ,yet, which is what 'faith based on good reason' means) according to the scientific evidences ??? Would it be enough for you to turn from your current position of finding Christianity entertaining , to taking it very seriously due to it being the absolute truth ? I ask you this, because there are most definitly costs associated with becoming a real CHristian and i have only outlined but a few here. How do you feel about this kind of lifelong commitment to God ? Would he be worthy of it ? And would you be willing to experience a complete revamping of your life by surrending your mind, will, and intellect to his leading and teaching ?

If the Biblical Creator were shown to be "real", then the cost that you describe - the one about receiving ridicule from family and peers - would certainly discourage me. Sorry, but I value my family more than I value some god. Besides, one of the ten commandments in the Old Testament is to honor one's mother and father. I would rather not do anything to dishonor my mother and father. Your type of Christianity does not sound very Biblical to me, as it breaks one of God's laws - Honor your mother and father.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Uh...

So, let me guess. Being a Christian means to be an anti-social religious hermit who sacrifices all friendships and kinships in exchange for piety?

If the Biblical Creator were shown to be "real", then the cost that you describe - the one about receiving ridicule from family and peers - would certainly discourage me. Sorry, but I value my family more than I value some god. Besides, one of the ten commandments in the Old Testament is to honor one's mother and father. I would rather not do anything to dishonor my mother and father. Your type of Christianity does not sound very Biblical to me, as it breaks one of God's laws - Honor your mother and father.

The Bible gives fair warning that a new Christian will be at odds with some Friends, some Family Members , and Others who are still hostile to God and would rather have rebellion in their lives than be set free from it by Christs saving power on the Cross. You may loose some Friends or they might want to know more about what happened to you by choosing to become a Christian . The Unbeliever will see how your life has been impacted and changed for the better which will be a good testimony.

The ONLY time we are to choose God over our Parents is if our Parents want us to do something that is strictly against God, his character, or loving absolute moral laws ; so u misunderstand the commandment of honor your mother and father . HOW would you be 'dishonoring' your Parents by becoming a Christian ??? List specifically please.

Upvote 0