To answer a poster on another thread, because the profile page will not take the length of the reply

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moderators may move this to anappropriate place, if needed...

Hi, Thanks,
No, I am not "Messianic" in the sense that I am of Jacob's seed, but I am a Gentile, female, born again in Christ, water bapized, Holy Spirit baptized lover of the brethren of My LORD Jesus, the Yeshua/Messiah of Israel, and the soon coming Savior and King of the whole earth....:).
I am a granny who loves the Word of God, and since all my kids are grown and gone -and some have their own grown and gone kids, who also have kids, I can devote more time to it; but I have found that time in it does not open the eyes of understanding unless one is seeking understanding, and when one asks the LORD, sincerely, then "He does indeed open the eyes that we may behold wondrous things out of His Torah", as it says in Psalm 119.

I also love history -true history of the world, and not pseudo history- and love Enoch; the Book of Jasher [the real one, not the pseudo ones]; and all the books called "second canon, or apocrypha", as they are all valuable history. I also love reading in the DSS, for historical understanding of the ancients, though I do not subscribe to all the doctrines the sect of the Essene's kept, but because they kept them, they kept for us many of the books that we would never have if they were not kept in the Qumran caves, and some shed some light on their own understanding, which is valuable in many places.

We just finished the book of Acts in audio and I was once again impressed with Paul's many claims that he never departed Moses, and always kept the Torah, even though he well knew that the Gentiles who come into Christ are not to be circumcized and keep Moses; he understood the purpose of the Torah as the "Schoolmaster" to bring us to Christ; in that all the Oracles were about the Person and work of the Messiah, and were living Oracles committed only to the namesake people of the New Man name, to rehearse until they were all completed.

Even though they do not understand them all, they took an oath at Sinai for themselves and all their future generations to keep them, and Jews are not to depart Moses if they are in the circumcision when they come into Christ, as Paul and the Council at Jerusalem say, but we Gentiles are not to come under Moses in circumcision when we come into Christ, as decided by the Hoy Spirit in the council in Jerusalem, in Acts 15.

The purpose of the Law is to Teach the doctrine of the entire Person and Works of Messiah.
I have written a lot on this board about the things I do believe and understand about this, and I love His people and pray they come into their full inheritance in Messiah soon; but meantime, the Church is to proclaim the Gospel to the nations until we are removed from the midst of the world, and the last seven years of Daniel then commence....
In Christ the Messiah,
Terrie