• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Vervey2023

Jul 7, 2016
Gloucestershire
✟1,325.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m writing this to comfort those who struggle with this affliction myself included, This is not who you are, neither did God intend for you to have these feelings in the first place.

Everybody is born with a sin nature, this causes to be spiritually separated from God and to do evil things that are contrary to his laws such as, stealing, adultery, lying ect....

But it also affects are fleshly bodies as well, just as some people may be born with a physical disability or an mental health issue, some people can be born with a predisposition towards same sex attraction.

This trait can then be brought into fruition by unfortunate circumstances such as.

Sexual abuse

Not having a father figure (or for girls a motherly figure)

having a weak relationship with the parent of the same sex.

Or sometimes it may be none of the reasons above, you can naturally just have it due to how sin as corrupted you genetic make up.

These are only just a few scenarios in which can cause same sex attraction to occur in individuals who already have a disposition towards such feelings.

I have struggled with these attractions for as long as I can remember, I was a sensitive child who needed love and support from a fatherly figure, but I didn’t receive it. I was very close to my mother and I still am to this day. Don’t get me wrong this isn’t a bad thing because I will always cherish our relationship.
However I believe that because I carried the traits of same sex attraction, that longing of wanting to have an emotional bond with a fatherly figure then turned into a sexual one as I got older. So now the flesh seeks ways of trying to fill that void through many different means such as same same sex attraction, sodomy, sex, inappropriate contentography ect...., but none of these things are the solution.

To all people who have been afflicted by this I understand that this is a very heavy burden to carry, you may have faced rejection from peers and even family, but I’m here to tell you that despite all of this God loves you, he wants the best life for you and not one that is indulgent in homosexuality as that kind of lifestyle brings nothing but misery.

God sent his son Jesus Christ to die for not just our sins but for all of these bad things so that he we can have a relationship with him, and so God can then heal us from this damage and give our lives purpose.

Our new identity is found in Christ Jesus and NOT in our sexuality, though he will not take these ugly desires away he does provide us with strength through his grace and spirit so that we no longer have to walk by our fleshly nature which has sick appetites and lusts such as same sex attraction.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Romans 6:14

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 2:20-21

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The greatest gift that God gives us through Jesus death and resurrection is that we will one day have eternal life with him in perfect peace, no more pain, no more tears but perfect bliss and fully redeemed from the sin nature. All you have to do is simply just believe that Jesus (the son of God who also is God) came to earth, and died on the cross and rose from the dead as a sufficient payment for your sins.

Romans 3:23-26

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Ephesians 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Once you believe this God will send his spirit to dwell in you and you are now saved. Nothing can separate you from his love.

Ephesians 1:13-14

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
If you do not know how to pray here is a short and simple prayer. Don't just say the words but pray this with a your heart and a genuine faith.

Dear God

I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I’m sorry. I believe that your son Jesus Christ died on the cross for me, to save me and I believe that he risen from the dead three days later to pay the penalty for my sins so that I could be forgiven. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you in Jesus’ name amen.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quite a good summary and concordance. It’s sounds like the way to understand and to be. I have an affliction, we all have something tempting us. We have to be strong and vigilant to see when it’s happening and change our behavior to a prayer to God for support. That subject is not the best Feeling. Think how free and delivered in heaven after a short time. What do we do for intimacy and support. Find holy people of God. I haven’t found anybody to understand except my wife. But by the nature of it we have to go without. God buts comfort in your life, not just the law to enjoy and live and rejoice.

Upvote 0