TN Pastor Greg Locke: If you show up in church with a mask, "I will ask you to leave"

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
[See post #81 for more recent story]

LINK

A Tennessee pastor threatened to boot mask-wearers from his Tennessee church as some places are taking additional measures to help protect against the more contagious coronavirus delta variant.

“If they go through round two and you start showing up (with) all these masks and all this nonsense, I will ask you to leave,” pastor Greg Locke told his Nashville-area congregation during a service on Sunday. “I will ask you to leave. I am not playing these Democrat games up in this church.”

Last edited:

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
......pastor Greg Locke told his Nashville-area congregation during a service on Sunday. “I will ask you to leave. I am not playing these Democrat games up in this church.
My sense that American Christianity serves the R party as its ideologic compliance wing gets reinforced a lot these days.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
My sense that American Christianity serves the R party as its ideologic compliance wing gets reinforced a lot these days.
it's been doing that for a while. the prevalence of the prosperity gospel alone is indicative such degeneracy.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Funny-- my sense is that American Christianity is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of the R party.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a segment of American christianity which has been coopted by the Trump Republicans, but they are not the majority of christians in America, even as they are not the majority of Americans.

I believe that they are cruising for a big fall.

I was noting yesterday that COVID put Trump out of office, ... and if they don't have a come to Jesus moment, COVID is going to put a hurt on a lot of pro-Trump leaders, both secular and christian ...

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
LINK

A Tennessee pastor threatened to boot mask-wearers from his Tennessee church as some places are taking additional measures to help protect against the more contagious coronavirus delta variant.

“If they go through round two and you start showing up (with) all these masks and all this nonsense, I will ask you to leave,” pastor Greg Locke told his Nashville-area congregation during a service on Sunday. “I will ask you to leave. I am not playing these Democrat games up in this church.”
Hmm, I think I would have never been part of such a church in the first place, but it would have been interesting to go... just to be chucked out of a church in Christian Love!

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟725,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It would be time for me to look for a new church if my pastor made some asinine rule like that. Even if you don't believe yo need a mask, who is a person harming by wearing one. Very irresponsible of that pastor. I don't hope he gets it but I hope he learns a first-hand lesson on how dangerous this virus can be to some people.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LINK

Even though something like the following is never going to happen, maybe what this pastor deserves is this---everyone shows up wearing masks. Makes you then wonder when he is going to ask them all to leave? Before the offering plate gets sent around first, or after the offering plate gets sent around first?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
the prevalence of the prosperity gospel alone is indicative such degeneracy.

Prosperity theology is the one of the best scams religion has come up with. I almost admire them for it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even though something like the following is never going to happen, maybe what this pastor deserves is this---everyone shows up wearing masks. Makes you then wonder when he is going to ask them all to leave? Before the offering plate gets sent around first, or after the offering plate gets sent around first?

After, of course -- no politician sends back a donation...

Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be time for me to look for a new church if my pastor made some asinine rule like that. Even if you don't believe yo need a mask, who is a person harming by wearing one. Very irresponsible of that pastor. I don't hope he gets it but I hope he learns a first-hand lesson on how dangerous this virus can be to some people.
^ This ^

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟148,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Democrat games? Pastor is politicizing the outbreak. What happened to the famous tenet about judging others? Especially others who are trying to protect and show love for neighbors! No wonder I'm having a hard time finding a comfortable church in which to worship God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
delta is SO catchy, now recommendations to wear N95s

Pastor may end up spending all his time visiting parishioners in hospital; is that what he wants to do?

Probably -- "better dead than Democrat," after all.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LINK

My home state is really starting to get on my nerves lately .... =/

• Prayers
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Pastor is an absolute moron and is risking public health because he's placing politics before the Bible.

People like him are fuel for the furnace of hell.

... or for the GOP campaign fundraisers... and they'll need a venue...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on his opinions.
For one person has faith to [go without a mask], while another, who is weak, [wears a mask]. The one who [does not wear a mask] must not belittle the one who [wears a mask], and the one who [wears a mask] must not judge the one who does [not wear a mask], for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. -- Romans 14

Last edited:
Upvote 0