Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you esteem or regard any day different than another?

Is ROMANS 4:6 talking about what day God esteems *ISAIAH 56:1-8, 58:13; PSALMS 89:34 or what day man esteems for eating or not eating *ROMANS 14:1-5? We know what things man esteems is an abomoniation to God

LUKE 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A very simple matter. There's no mention of the sabbath anywhere in Genesis.

Q. "Why is the HEBREW word SABBATH not being found in the book of GENESIS?"

A
. GENESIS 2:1-3 is the ORIGIN of the SABBATH and says..

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and made it HOLY <the 7th day>: because that in it he had RESTED from all his work which God created and made.

The ROOT word used for SABBATH found in EXODUS is found in GENESIS which is also the ORIGIN of when the SABBATH was made in the creation week. The HEBREW word RESTED in GENESIS 2:2-3 is the root word of SABBATH in GOD'S 4th Commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11.

The HEBREW word for REST = SHABATH שׁבת (H7373) this is the root word for SABBATH which is שׁבּת SHABBATH (H7676). Although REST (SHABATH) is the root word for SABBATH (SHABBATH) they are different HEBREW words and they have different meanings.

The difference between these is this...

REST or SHABATH שׁבת (H7373) A primitive root; to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

NOTE: This word is the resting or the keeping of the SABBATH now look at the meaning of the word SABBATH..

SABBATH SHABBATH שׁבּת (H7676) Intensive from H7673; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

NOTE: While the root word means rest and keeping the SABBATH the HEBREW word for SABBATH in God's 4th commandments means from one SABBATH to ANOTHER or from one rest to another.

CONCLUSION
: The commandment to keep the SABBATH every Sabbath cannot be given before the SABBATH has been made, BLESSED, MADE HOLY and SET APART by God's WORD. The HEBREW WORD for REST in GENESIS 2:1-3 is the verb for doing SABBATH and is the RESTING on the SABBATH and keeping of the SABBATH. The word SABBATH used in God's 4th commandment is in reference to the ROOT which is the KEEPING of the SABBATH EVERY SEVENTH day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not if Revelation 4 and 5 are true.

This post does not make any sense and does not answer or respond to the post you are responding to which is;

How can God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH of God's 4th commandment be a SHADOW law when it is a part of the FINISHED WORK of creation BEFORE SIN and BEFORE GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION was given to mankind?

When GOD made the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH for mankind *MARK 2:27-28 he BLESSED it and made it a HOLY DAY. Man was in perfect harmony with God and met with him face to face. There was NO SIN, therefore God's 4th Commandment cannot be a SHADOW law for SIN or Christ when he is LORD of the SABBATH which is the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week that GOD BLESSED and MADE HOLY for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28.

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were FINISHED, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

I know you cannot answer these questions I am only putting this up for all to consider.

God's 4th commandment is one of the 10 commandments that gives us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. God's WORD says if we break ANY ONE of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11. If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9) There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

God bless

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is ROMANS 4:6 talking about what day God esteems *ISAIAH 56:1-8, 58:13; PSALMS 89:34 or what day man esteems for eating or not eating *ROMANS 14:1-5? We know what things man esteems is an abomoniation to God

LUKE 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
I'd appreciate it very much if you could bring yourself to answer a direct question with a direct answer instead of some run-around non answer.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'd appreciate it very much if you could bring yourself to answer a direct question with a direct answer instead of some run-around non answer.

ALL your questions are answered directly and God's WORD is provided as support. Sadly it is you that does not address the posts and the scriptures in them that disagree with you.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and made it HOLY <the 7th day>: because that in it he had RESTED from all his work which God created and made.

The ROOT word used for SABBATH found in EXODUS is found in GENESIS which is also the ORIGIN of when the SABBATH was made in the creation week. The HEBREW word RESTED in GENESIS 2:2-3 is the root word of SABBATH in GOD'S 4th Commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11.

The HEBREW word for REST = SHABATH שׁבת (H7373) this is the root word for SABBATH which is שׁבּת SHABBATH (H7676). Although REST (SHABATH) is the root word for SABBATH (SHABBATH) they are different HEBREW words and they have different meanings.

REST or SHABATH שׁבת (H7373) A primitive root; to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

NOTE: This word is the resting or the keeping of the SABBATH now look at the meaning of the word SABBATH..

SABBATH SHABBATH שׁבּת (H7676) Intensive from H7673; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

NOTE: While the root word means rest and keeping the SABBATH the HEBREW word for SABBATH in God's 4th commandments means from one SABBATH to ANOTHER or from one rest to another.

CONCLUSION
: The commandment to keep the SABBATH every Sabbath cannot be given before the SABBATH has been made, BLESSED, MADE HOLY and SET APART by God's WORD. The HEBREW WORD for REST in GENESIS 2:1-3 is the verb for doing SABBATH and is the RESTING on the SABBATH and keeping of the SABBATH. The word SABBATH used in God's 4th commandment is in reference to the ROOT which is the KEEPING of the SABBATH EVERY SEVENTH day.
Shabath is a verb. Shabbath is a noun not found in Genesis. You can argue all you want the words are related. It still doesn't make them the same. In fact both words are in the same sentence in Hos 2:11. One is talking about the other. It's not equating them. In fact it plainly says the sabbath will cease.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Shabath is a verb. Shabbath is a noun not found in Genesis. You can argue all you want the words are related. It still doesn't make them the same. In fact both words are in the same sentence in Hos 2:11. One is talking about the other. It's not equating them. In fact it plainly says the sabbath will cease.

Address the post and the scriptures in them. This post is only your own words which disagrees with Gods WORD so your argument is with God not me. How does what you have written here address the post you are responding to here

A

CONCLUSION

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This post does not make any sense and does not answer or respond to the post you are responding to which is;
I can understand that about you. The point was and still is Who is the Creator. The lamb doesn't sit on the throne and received the Book from Him that does sit on the throne, Who get full credit for creation. You can argue with John the Revelator if you want. That's not my business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's invitation is for all mankind not some, and many are called but sadly very few are chosen.
Gets no argument from me. The point is it's presented to people who keep the 7th day sabbath. You can run from that fact all you want.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I can understand that about you. The point was and still is Who is the Creator. The lamb doesn't sit on the throne and received the Book from Him that does sit on the throne, Who get full credit for creation. You can argue with John the Revelator if you want. That's not my business.

The point is you do not address the posts you are quoting from and the scriptures in them that disagree with you. It is God's WORD not mine brother. You are arguing with God not me.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gets no argument from me. The point is it's presented to people who keep the 7th day sabbath. You can run from that fact all you want.

What facts do you think I am running from? Is it the fact that there were no JEWS or ISRAEL when God made the Sabbath *GENESIS 2:1-3 or the fact JESUS says that the SABBATH was made for all mankind and he is the LORD of it *MARK 2:27-28?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Address the post and the scriptures in them. This post is only your own words which disagrees with Gods WORD so your argument is with God not me. How does what you have written here address the post you are responding to here
Did and you don't like it one little bit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point is you do not address the posts you are quoting from and the scriptures in them that disagree with you. It is God's WORD not mine brother. You are arguing with God not me.
Hate to disappoint you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hate to disappoint you.

Don't worry I am not disappointed that is why I am trying to help you by providing God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What facts do you think I am running from? Is it the fact that there were no JEWS or ISRAEL when God made the Sabbath *GENESIS 2:1-3 or the fact JESUS says that the SABBATH was made for all mankind and he is the LORD of it *MARK 2:27-28?
Your reference to MK 2 is out of context. God made no such claim in Exodus when the sabbath requirement was instituted with Israel. In fact Moses says -

Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

and again same chapter -

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Because you pit Scripture against itself you make one or the other a liar and the Scripture a book of unreliable fiction.

Pick you liar and stick with them.

Upvote 0