Titus 3:5, Romans 4:5

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Titus 3:5: "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

Romans 4:5: "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

So we are saved and counted righteous, not by our works, but by His Grace and our Faith, which is in itself a gift from Him!

Gordi

Thou shalt not!
Mar 13, 2003
Visit site
✟321.00
Thanks alot for posting that scripture Gerry!  That's the kinda inspiational parts of scripture that make you realise how fultile our efforts as fallen humans are, and how kind God really is.

Just out of curiousity Gerry, would you disagree with people that ask others to say, come to the front of their church meeting to be saved?  Is that against grace?  Or is it God's grace that brings them up to the front to receieve salvation?

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 07:12 AM waterwizard said this in Post #4

Gordi, if you mean pointing out someone in particular and telling them to come up and get saved, I would say no. 

Rather, we are to invite whosoever is moved by the Holy Spirit to come forth and give their life to Christ; it is their decision whether or not to move.

If that is what he meant, I would certainly agree that is a NEVER do situation.

Upvote 0
P

Pistos Ergon

Titus 3:5: "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

Romans 4:5: "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

YEAH, but let's move on:

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph 2:10
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." 1 Jn 3:7
"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things." Matt 12:35

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 06:50 PM Pistos Ergon said this in Post #7

YEAH, but let's move on:

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph 2:10
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." 1 Jn 3:7
"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things." Matt 12:35

The thing that bothers me in your reply is the use of the word "BUT". By that are you implying that contradicts the verses I have posted. If so, you are very very wrong. Study His Word and you will clearly see what a man/s "righteousness" is. There is NO contradiction in God or His Written Word. The contradiction is in "Man's" own interpretation of what he is reading!

When you understand that man's righteousness is nothing BUT the righteousness of Christ imputed unto him, it is no small wonder that such a man is able to do righteous works, and to be viewd by God as righteous because of the righteousness of His Son that is imputed unto him.
See these Scriptures for further study: I Cor. 1:30; II Cor. 5:21; Matthew 22:11; Luke 15:22-24; Romans 4:11

Upvote 0