Duque de Caxias
✟12,930.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you live with your parents or other family members?
Are you close to Petrolina? You told us that you take a bus, so does your family not have a car? Healthcare is free in public services. Medicine I'm not sure about, as you seem to say you need to pay for it.

I live in Brazil I wanted to have a forum like that on my tongue, but for now I did not find it. I live with my parents, but our financial situation is bad, cars here are very expensive items to buy and keep.

We have healthcare, however, it has never been good, and in the crisis we are currently in the country's healthcare is in the ICU.

My father from time to time has to buy his diabetes medicine, and the consultations are being rescheduled because of the doctors' strike.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi.

My name is Philip I am 24 years old, I work and paid for my college.

I've always tithed regularly since I started working, though I started to do a college that takes half of my salary and started to have some health problems.

I have no financial help from my parents, I pay for my college, my bus ticket, what I eat on the street, the doctor and the medicines I take, as well as medical tests, but it has been difficult since my health has worsened .

Currently I have problems in my stomach, eye allergy and also depression, it has been difficult to buy the remedies and go to the doctor, the college has been very heavy on the budget. I went to the ophthalmologist and found that I have glaucoma, the exams and medicines are expensive, I'm afraid to go in the gastro and find some ulcer and have to pay for the medicines too, also have depression, only with the medicines that I can stop thinking bad things.

Presently I have chosen to tithe and college and left health aside, maybe I should choose the tithe and health and leave college for a while. I'm in the middle of college and wanted to finish as fast as possible, it's very tiring to work all day and night to go to college, having to do the work on weekends and sometimes I feel discouraged to continue college.

Thanks in advance.
Have you gone to your Pastor and to your church elders?

I tithe and I did so throughout my entire working life and when I went to College.

I did not have the health issues and other trials that you are facing.
I'll bet that if you go to your church and present your situation, that they will be able to give you some help. Even if it was something in the line of a loan until you get through your schooling and on to a job that allows you to be more financially independent.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
pay for your college, take care of you health, and give what you can after that.

you're are not under biblical obligation to tithe though you are under biblical obligation to give and you are to do it with joy and not under compulsion. there no set amount to give, do what you are able.

take care of your health.
Yes, the tithe (mandatory amount) is false teaching. The NT teaches giving with a joyful heart. If you can't give joyfully then don't give. Better yet, the church he tithes to should turn around and help him in time of his financial need. The taking of a collection of monies in the NT was for the saints to help other saints in need.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi.

My name is Philip I am 24 years old, I work and paid for my college.

I've always tithed regularly since I started working, though I started to do a college that takes half of my salary and started to have some health problems.

I have no financial help from my parents, I pay for my college, my bus ticket, what I eat on the street, the doctor and the medicines I take, as well as medical tests, but it has been difficult since my health has worsened .

Currently I have problems in my stomach, eye allergy and also depression, it has been difficult to buy the remedies and go to the doctor, the college has been very heavy on the budget. I went to the ophthalmologist and found that I have glaucoma, the exams and medicines are expensive, I'm afraid to go in the gastro and find some ulcer and have to pay for the medicines too, also have depression, only with the medicines that I can stop thinking bad things.

Presently I have chosen to tithe and college and left health aside, maybe I should choose the tithe and health and leave college for a while. I'm in the middle of college and wanted to finish as fast as possible, it's very tiring to work all day and night to go to college, having to do the work on weekends and sometimes I feel discouraged to continue college.

Thanks in advance.
There is good general advice that can be given, but for a specific individual in his own unique situation (i.e., you), what to do depends a lot on the character of your faith in God. Possible approaches to dealing with your problems do not even come to my mind, because I do not know you. But I can reiterate some simple principles:

You do not own yourself (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), but God has made you a steward of your health. With God's help, do the best you can with it. If you already are, then the rest is up to God. (You aren't in control of the consequences of your efforts.)

You tap into God's nature when you tithe, whether you want to tithe or not. God is the type of person who will bless your socks off in the long-term if you are faithful in tithing. He reveals what he is like regarding this topic in Malachi 3:6-12. If you look at the context of this passage you will see that it is very serious. God equates tithing with returning to God after having rejected him. The desire to tithe but not having the money is a common situation, and God takes that into account, but the rewards of tithing go to those who actually tithe.

God is in control of everything. Even though you struggle and suffer, trust that God guarantees it will all be well worth it, and his blessings in response will last forever. And he wants to help you with all your problems while you have them. Drawing closer to the Jesus Christ is always worthwhile in the long run. He will answer your prayers and help you to know him better.

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. (Philippians 3:8-9, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Felipe Barbosa

Jan 6, 2018
Duque de Caxias
✟12,930.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi to you,
Petrolina is a city in your country. My family knows people there. Your February eye appointment is now changed to a later date?

I did not know :sweatsmile:, I live in the metropolitan area of Rio. No, I've seen a lot happen with my father, I'll do in a private clinic.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you have YouTube, please look up Andrew Wommack and watch his videos titled "You've Already Got It." :) :) :)

Wommack? I tend to shy away from people who look into a camera and say that they live a holier life than the rest of us....and yes, I have seen and heard him declare that very thing with my own eyes and ears. When he came to our city to collect more money, he announced that he had already met with the biggest, local donors, and would not be available for the rest of the people to meet him personally. Supporting those people's lifestyles is not "tithing." It's a matter of being fleeced. That clearly is not a sentiment Paul of Tarsus would ever have conveyed to his supporters. Satan, yes, but not Paul.

No thanks. I prefer being a wise steward of what I give to the poor that they may have sustenance for survival, and thus give glory to the Lord for His provision.

Jr

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0