Tithes to an ordained minister or to an ordained homeless person with AIDS?

4real2deathQM

yes you have duty to your church as well, your church has a duty to God and the spreading the gospel. Not all church's are inclusive, some do great works in prisons , to the poor , to crack babies and to people with Aids you just have to seek them out

Problem with mainstream focus on church very elitist and impersonal.

Upvote 0

4real2deathQM

Thithing is no longer something we practice, as it was for the Jews to support the temple and its ministries.

However, if you were someone who did believe in that, then wouldn't the most sensible thing be to compromise and give to church run, Gospel missions to homeless people with AIDS?

Yes to a rich man, to a poor man it would be more sensible to "man up" "suck it up" "be humiliated" (if giving humiliates and it does to many) and give to PERSONS not organizations or funds.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Problem with mainstream focus on church very elitist and impersonal.
True I call them holy huddles, they only seek to keep their sheep from getting out. I used to think they were all this way, until I found 3 great churches all in my area reaching out to the poor, one of which I am a member.

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Now faith
I preach at a Rescue Mission, and teach a Bible study. The Mission is alway in need of people to work in the Mission and Money to help keep the Mission running. This Mission feeds between 600 to 700 People a Day. The homeless are people that have many problems Mental, Physical and dependant problems such as Drug, Alcohol and many others the need is never ending.

The mission works with the State to help those that are mentally Challenged, and with some of the physical problems, and the Mission has a Staff that deals with rehabiliatation program, called a recovery program that last about 3 months.

The community does help with donation, some Churches, City and State. The mission has about 300 beds and when the weather is Bad. the people sleep on floors Hall ways and even in the Chapel, not sure how many people then.

Trying to get people back on their feet is Hard, Jobs are hard to find. The mission has a wood Shop and builds Beds and Tables and many other products. which also helps give some in the Mission a Job, and away to make a living.

When it comes to God this Mission is Christ based. Many souls have been saved, and Lives have been changed. No we don't get them all, but what ever God saves, We just preach Jesus Christ and the Hope he brings to the world.

The work is needed some of these people had Homes and Jobs, we have entire families homeless. It is sometimes heart breaking to see the Babies and tottlers living in the shelter. Its not a pretty place. It is a roof and three hots and a cot and thats about it, except for Chapel on sunday and Bible study during the week.

I had a Pastor from one of the Baptist churches that use to Preach here at the Mission if he wanted to get humble he would come to the Mission. They call me Pastor David though I am not a Pastor, but thats the Name they gave me so, I answer to it. I have been here almost 5 years as a volunteer, and as long as God gives me strength I will continue to Bring Jesus Christ to the Homeless, the work as I said is never ending. There is a Mission that Jesus christ gave us all as Christians matthew 28:19,20 the Great commission. John 3:16 God be with you'all

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Now faith
I preach at a Rescue Mission, and teach a Bible study. The Mission is alway in need of people to work in the Mission and Money to help keep the Mission running. This Mission feeds between 600 to 700 People a Day. The homeless are people that have many problems Mental, Physical and dependant problems such as Drug, Alcohol and many others the need is never ending.

The mission works with the State to help those that are mentally Challenged, and with some of the physical problems, and the Mission has a Staff that deals with rehabiliatation program, called a recovery program that last about 3 months.

The community does help with donation, some Churches, City and State. The mission has about 300 beds and when the weather is Bad. the people sleep on floors Hall ways and even in the Chapel, not sure how many people then.

Trying to get people back on their feet is Hard, Jobs are hard to find. The mission has a wood Shop and builds Beds and Tables and many other products. which also helps give some in the Mission a Job, and away to make a living.

When it comes to God this Mission is Christ based. Many souls have been saved, and Lives have been changed. No we don't get them all, but what ever God saves, We just preach Jesus Christ and the Hope he brings to the world.

The work is needed some of these people had Homes and Jobs, we have entire families homeless. It is sometimes heart breaking to see the Babies and tottlers living in the shelter. Its not a pretty place. It is a roof and three hots and a cot and thats about it, except for Chapel on sunday and Bible study during the week.

I had a Pastor from one of the Baptist churches that use to Preach here at the Mission if he wanted to get humble he would come to the Mission. They call me Pastor David though I am not a Pastor, but thats the Name they gave me so, I answer to it. I have been here almost 5 years as a volunteer, and as long as God gives me strength I will continue to Bring Jesus Christ to the Homeless, the work as I said is never ending. There is a Mission that Jesus christ gave us all as Christians matthew 28:19,20 the Great commission. John 3:16 God be with you'all
God bless you will be praying for the mission, sounds like you are a pastor, gifted with mercy. Feel free to p. m. Me as to your address and info on the mission.

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Now Faith

Rescue Mission Of El Paso

1949 W Paisano Dr, El Paso, TX 79922

(915) 532-2575 Additional Contacts
(915) 532-2762Fax

This is the mission I Volunteer in thank you for asking. We have a hospices or severely medical room at the rescue mission, I have led people to Christ in this room before they departed this Life. Cancer and Aids people with these conditions. Praise God they had the opportunity to make it right with God. I feel very humble to have a privilege to serve God in this way. The Joy when souls are saved, I could shout from the roof tops. God be the Glory that let me share in the miracle of Salvation.

Peace be with you as Jesus Christ said to his disciples.

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
twin 1954
Folks who actually humbly serve the Lord do so in secret. If you feel the need to tell folks what you do then it ain't about serving Him or others its about serving your own self.

I was asked about service, to the Lord and where, I'm not Boasting or Bragging. I am very humbled about what and how I serve. I am sorry it offends you, and the idea that I am trying to get praise, for myself and being self serving, is not what my intent ,to give information.Please do not judge me Brother to harshly please forgive me.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
twin 1954
Folks who actually humbly serve the Lord do so in secret. If you feel the need to tell folks what you do then it ain't about serving Him or others its about serving your own self.

I was asked about service, to the Lord and where, I'm not Boasting or Bragging. I am very humbled about what and how I serve. I am sorry it offends you, and the idea that I am trying to get praise, for myself and being self serving, is not what my intent ,to give information.Please do not judge me Brother to harshly please forgive me.
I didn't quote your post for a reason. It was a general statement. If you took it personally you may want to think about why. There was an awful lot of "I" in your posts though.

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Finding that we is better than I, you see it's not about me its about what the lord has done, though me, and those that are in the mission staff. So that I don't forget, I remember what you have said about humility, and being humble. wondering about how others feel about my posting. you have made a point with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums