• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tinnitus

Abiel

Missionary
Jul 24, 2004
East Anglia
✟38,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any fellow copers out there- not that I am coping particularly well at the moment. I have three sounds at present one of which seems to louder than any background noise I can listen to though I do sometimes slip into not noticing it. Thank goodness for podcast prayers- thay give me something to listen to to go to sleep with at night.

ahzmort

Lets run around & do things set to popular mus
Mar 21, 2011
NC
Visit site
✟7,791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can get ringing in my ears. Seems its very faint & there most of the time, enough to not notice, but there are times when it becomes distracting & i have to watch the volume on my music generally :doh:.
A friend of mine seems to have it worse than i do, where its more consistent.
But i have had moments where it kept me awake. It sounds like such a minor thing, but it sure has a big impact.

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟9,442.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Some believe that Tinnitus is the result of electronic signals from satillites ... research into ELF and HAARP using sonic frequencies for mind control became popular amongst fringe groups in the 1990s.

Russia in particular has experiemnted with ELF radiation in mind control.

6ermany in the early 1800s began experiments using sound in mind control

i have no cure yet but here are threads on other forums regarding Tinnitus

2012 Forum • Tinnitus - Get out the Tin-Foil Hats ?

Tinnitus - My own perspective and approach. - Spiritual Forums

here other people discuss their expeience with Tinnitus which I am realizing is growing to be an epidemic in its span/range/reach.

if this helps thats great.
my dad, friends, and self have Tinnitus some have it so bad that thinking becomes a near impossible effort.

Upvote 0

lifesinsane

Life is insane!
Aug 24, 2011
Nowhere
✟7,646.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is very loud and it never goes away. Seems when I have a cold or upper respiratory issue it seems to be louder than when I am not ill. I think I have just been around too much loud stuff in my life, and I have had some illness that contributed to this incessant never ending ringing sound. I know when I leave this earth the Lord will restore my senses and I am looking forward to that.

Upvote 0

Observer

Observer
Sep 29, 2004
Australia
✟10,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've always had it, I remember having it as a little kid too. It's always been loud to the point of feeling like it's causing pressure on my eardrum. It's always been 2-4 different sounds at once. I've never heard silence or not had the ringing so I guess it's easier to cope with, because I have no idea what it's like to not have it... it does get a bit frustrating though. None of the typical causes of it seem to relate to me

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got it after 24 hours of fasting (which I should not have done because of the medications I'm on). It's like someone stuck a beehive in each ear and it really only gets to me when I'm in a quiet place. Most of the time I have music or TV on. At night I use a sleep app on my iPad called Relax MD, and fall asleep listening to the sound of a light rain, a little thunder, crickets and peepers (helping to distract not only the tinnitus but also the monkey mind i.e. being unable to shut off my thoughts).

Reactions: skierbri10
Upvote 0

magicaxeman

May 4, 2016
Essex, UK
✟11,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got my tinnitus from listening and being in a loud band as well as being an aircraft mechanic. I do notice certain things like aspirin make it worse. Somehow I am able to tune it out most of the time though.

Exactly the same for me though I was a motor mechanic, simply too many years playing loudly and of course back then we didn't even know we needed to protect our ears.

I find keeping myself occupied helps to tune it out and one thing that really aggravates it is using headphones, something I just don't do anymore.

Reactions: skierbri10
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"Ibuprofen causes tinnitus in 1% to 3% of the people taking it according to the PDR and CPS. Since a lot of people take Ibuprofen each day, that translates into a lot of people getting tinnitus just from using Ibuprofen. However, I don’t have any information on the dose needed to cause tinnitus when taking Ibuprofen.
With a number of drugs, higher doses can cause tinnitus, whereas lower doses of the same drug don’t." http://hearinglosshelp.com/blog/ibuprofen-and-tinnitus/

I started getting quite the ibu---went away.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Tinnitus is very common and many over 50 years old have it. Talk to your family doc. I've had a ringing in my ears for over 5 years. An ENT doctor can install an antiphase device that trains your ears using white noise to reduce it, but it never fully goes away.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some hearing aids are equipped with noise canceling technology.
Mine have that technology. It does not help me. Sometimes just turning on a fan in the room can help me get to sleep.
Oddly enough, the ringing seems to be much louder the quieter the ambient noise is

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,654.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ringing in the ears is causes by Osteoporosis of the Skull. Sounds scary but hear me out.

In the Skull there are 9 cranial nerves that pass through the skull and go to your eyes, ears, nose, etc. The nerves pass through designated tunnels in the skull. Your Skull Bone like any other bone is made from minerals like calcium, phosphorous, silica, boron, manganese, strontium, etc. Your bones are constantly being regenerated with old cells being replaced by new cells. However if you are deficient in the minerals needed to make new bone, the structural integrity of the bone will suffer.for the Skull specifically, the structural integrity gets compromised and this begins to affect the passages or tunnels where the cranial nerves need to pass through. The tunnels basically begin to get smaller to close in on the nerves. The body then puts connective tissue in the tunnels in an attempt to keep to prevent the tunnels from closing in on the nerves. When this happens it is possible for the connective tissue to rush against the nerves. If this happens with the specific nerves that go to the ears it causes the ringing in the ears. If the tunnels are closed completely you will get totally deaf.

So the solution is not difficult. Most people are deficient in minerals because it is not in the food as it used to be. Many studies have been done which shows that the nutrient content of food just 50 years ago is significantly higher than it is today and these studies were done with vegetables and fruits. This is why we need to add comprehensive nutritional supplements, to provide these nutrients, especially to provide extra minerals in the case of tinnitus and any other bone issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Had it for many many years! Constant noise in left ear. Can hear it above the noise of washing machine which is on now! Right ear has a little noise too. Couple of different noises in ear but mostly like a hissing noise!

Have learnt to live with it. Can be annoying though

Come to think of it, i think it all started 30 years ago when i met the misses!!! (Kidding)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I control mine with white noise --- a fan, music or whatever.
And, by playing or doing things that need concentration like reading.
Sometimes a hot or cold pack helps too.
See a good Ear, Nose and Throut Doctor.

Upvote 0