• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tingling in chest near my heart, Does anyone know what this is?

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello, I have a small question. I've been feeling a bit of tingling sensation in my chest. On the right side of my heart. Like it's near my heart valve. But I'm not sure if it's really serious. Because it comes and goes. I feel no pain, or numbness anywhere. Just tingling at the area then my tip of my thumb would join in along with it. Like I have something in my thumb nail. Which is my right hand of course. The sensation is at the location near my collar bone. All though I have been drinking a lot of Pepsi this Christmas break. So, I know I have a decent amount of caffine in me to cause plenty.

I've been looking up sites to find out what this is. But it all points out if you have numbing and pain with it. But I don't, so I'm confused. After this sensation, I'm feeling quite worried. I think I'll watch my diet more carefully.

I'm wondering if there is a doctor that is on this forum that could give me an medical advice. It's been a while that I've seen a doctor. Sadly, it takes a month for me to set up an appointment. I don't want to go to an E.R. because it doesn't seem to be that dangerous, or alarming.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
no one can give medical advice over the internet--esp here. Anything near the heart should be looked at by a dr--heart attacks in women can be different symptoms than those by men. Denial, in itself, is a sign of "Get thee to a dr"--most people who've had heart attacks, deny they are having one. You can have one and not even know it--my husband had one, it showed up on his stress test and he'd had it years before he knew about it. It was discovered in his early 40's and they think it occured in his 30's. Better safe than sorry. And if you go to ER and say you've having chest pains, they'll push you forward in line--at least they'll get an EKG right away.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well at any case, I did take some high dose of Bayer though. My dad has advised me to have at least one bottle of that. Ever since he had his heart attack few years ago.

The Bayer aspirin is 325mg. I took it just in case. Of all the things that I did last year. It's starting to come an obvious answer. I think my cholestrol is high. I might have a blood clot. Still, it's not good. I'll have to start on a low-carb diet again. I stopped because my fridge likes to kill produce. lol

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
The weird sensation hasn't started again for a while now. I hope it doesn't. Ever since I had that weird sensation. I have been taking Bayer once a month or so. Unless, I have a headache or something. Because the mg is so high. I ended up buying the high dosage bottle by accident. lol

About the smoking thing. I don't smoke. But, I have lived with smokers all my life. Even in the womb. My parents, grandparents, and my brother smoke. My twin sister and I are lucky enough not to even consider trying smoking, drinking beer, or touching illegal drug.

As, for second hand smoking. I can't seem to get away from.

Upvote 0