Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The odd thing is that although he killed one girl and injured 20 people, it was termed NOT a terrorist attack yet he turned his vehicle up a one way street, and then boarded the pavement and drove at speed along the pavement until he crashed. When apprehended he stated he wanted to kill everyone. Now if he had been moslem this would have been a terrorist act. But as he was non muslim american ex navy, it was termed a car accident. What can we deduce about this.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The odd thing is that although he killed one girl and injured 20 people, it was termed NOT a terrorist attack yet he turned his vehicle up a one way street, and then boarded the pavement and drove at speed along the pavement until he crashed. When apprehended he stated he wanted to kill everyone. Now if he had been moslem this would have been a terrorist act. But as he was non muslim american ex navy, it was termed a car accident. What can we deduce about this.
Being Muslim would not mean it was terrorism which needs the right motive. Surely it was terrifying for those who experienced this incident but the man did not indicate that he had political or ideological motives in trying to kill or injure people.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Being Muslim would not mean it was terrorism which needs the right motive. Surely it was terrifying for those who experienced this incident but the man did not indicate that he had political or ideological motives in trying to kill or injure people.
Well I disagree. Neither cases in Germany or Britain or France did the perpetrator shout any politics or ideology. They just ploughed through people, but we understood very quickly this wasnt an accident. In the NYC case their was intent to cause mass casualties. The purpose Im not aware of but to call it a "car accident" in the media - thats what I found interesting.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
the man was hearing voices he needed help there where signs that this man was ill he was dangerous before this happened they mental health system let him down and people have payed the price for this
people who are like this need better care and even if that means he has to be in hosptial or somewhere else so be it not all people who hear voices are like this man some people are better at contrioling themselves and some arent we dont know what this man has been through we dont know the full story i think he was also in the army as well from what i can remember from BBC NEWS but i dont have the link to that

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
the man was hearing voices he needed help there where signs that this man was ill he was dangerous before this happened they mental health system let him down and people have payed the price for this
people who are like this need better care and even if that means he has to be in hosptial or somewhere else so be it not all people who hear voices are like this man some people are better at contrioling themselves and some arent we dont know what this man has been through we dont know the full story i think he was also in the army as well from what i can remember from BBC NEWS but i dont have the link to that
Ah thanks. Tragic for the victims and the perpetrator and yes clearly not in the ilk of terrorism if his case is related to mental health.

Upvote 0