enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lord Jesus referenced the " Times of the Gentiles in Luke.
Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
So this implies a start time and a finish time to my understanding. Does it mean from the time Jerusalem is destroyed until the time Jerusalem is restored in the end times?

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it seems to have a potential double meaning as the nation is now Israel and when they got Jerusalem back many thought the time of the Gentiles was over yet in the middle of the tribulation Jerusalem is indeed trampled under the foot of the Gentiles for 42 months. After that the scriptures have the after picture installed and Jesus ruling over all the earth on the throne of David and Israel is Jewish and born again.
Rev 11:2

“But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-twomonths.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rev 11:2

“But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-twomonths.

So,there needs to be a temple for this prophecy to be fulfilled?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It does not have to mean that it has to be a literal brick and mortar temple, though. That is not the only sense a temple can be understood in.

Once Christ died and resurrected, no one would be in a brick and mortar temple in Jerusalem worshiping, as if that would be something pleasing to God. And besides, if one takes it to be meaning a literal temple one has to take some of these other things in the literal sense as well---such as--But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles.

I wonder how many Gentiles this might involve? I wonder how big the court without the temple might be, assuming a literal brick and mortar temple? Since it is given to the Gentiles, does that mean millions of Gentiles could literally be hanging out in the court without the temple for 42 months? IOW, just try and picture some of these things in your mind, then ask yourself, does any of this make sense if a literal brick and mortar temple in Jerusalem is meant?

Upvote 0

PesachPup

Feb 19, 2018
Puxico
✟29,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The old temple rites of the offering the blood of sacrificed bulls and goats never had as its purpose the "taking away of sins", so why do so many think that the building of another temple would have that [taking away sins] as its purpose ? Another temple will be built that will not negate the work of Christ.
Be Blessed
The PuP

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Once Christ died and resurrected, no one would be in a brick and mortar temple in Jerusalem worshiping, as if that would be something pleasing to God.
Paul made it clear that there will be a new Temple dedicated to God.
2 Thessalonians 2:4
Christians will build it and will worship God in it. Zechariah 1:16, Isaiah 56:1-8 All as described in Ezekiel 40 to 46

But; during the final 42 months of the age; before Jesus Returns, Satan will be allowed to stop the worship and will sit in the holy Place and declare himself to be God. Revelation 13:1-8, Daniel 9:27

Upvote 0

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
So this implies a start time and a finish time to my understanding. Does it mean from the time Jerusalem is destroyed until the time Jerusalem is restored in the end times?
The destruction of Jerusalem was the end of the times of the gentiles. God used gentile nations throughout the Old Testament to punish Israel for their disobedience. That ended in 70Ad with the destruction of Jerusalem.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The prevailing Gentiles of that era were the Romans.

They were God's instruments to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction against Israel in 70 AD.

Upon serving those purposes, their times were fulfilled, at that time.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob_1000
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi if you look at 2 Thes 2 the mani of sin is revealed in the temple. Jesus notes the abomination of desolation is future. It would seem that the man of sin in 2 Thes 2 is the same guy as the beast in Rev 13 and they both are described as being destroyed by the brightness of the coming of the LORD. So the 42 months the beast has dominion would line up with the abomination of desolation being in the middle of the week. I see it is Future and a 3rd temple and perhaps a 4th if Ezekiels temple is the millennial temple it is located in another spot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But; during the final 42 months of the age; before Jesus Returns, Satan will be allowed to stop the worship and will sit in the holy Place and declare himself to be God. Revelation 13:1-8, Daniel 9:27
OK, so iow the times of the gentiles have not ended yet?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi if you look at 2 Thes 2 the mani of sin is revealed in the temple. Jesus notes the abomination of desolation is future. It would seem that the man of sin in 2 Thes 2 is the same guy as the beast in Rev 13 and they both are described as being destroyed by the brightness of the coming of the LORD. So the 42 months the beast has dominion would line up with the abomination of desolation being in the middle of the week. I see it is Future and a 3rd temple and perhaps a 4th if Ezekiels temple is the millennial temple it is located in another spot.
Yes I read that and Daniel speaks of the abomination of desolation. I see this as future also. But when is the end of the time of the gentiles?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
OK, so iow the times of the gentiles have not ended yet?
No, as Luke 21:24 says.
But Revelation 11:1-2 refers to a special time of just 42 months, when the Anti-Christ will conquer the Christian peoples, Zechariah 14:1-2, and take over control of the new Temple. Jesus will then Return, destroy his army and chain Satan up.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How exactly would a future physical temple building qualify to be something Paul would call "the temple of God"?

Also, if Ezekiel's temple was built in the future then that would mean animal sacrifices would be reinstated which would contradict Hebrews 8-10 which teaches that the animal sacrifices only had the purpose of foreshadowing Christ's sacrifice and that Christ's sacrifice was the final sacrifice "once for all".

• Winner
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How exactly would a future physical temple building qualify to be something Paul would call "the temple of God"?

Also, if Ezekiel's temple was built in the future then that would mean animal sacrifices would be reinstated which would contradict Hebrews 8-10 which teaches that the animal sacrifices only had the purpose of foreshadowing Christ's sacrifice and that Christ's sacrifice was the final sacrifice "once for all".
You are forgetting that even today, the Jews have never accepted the sacrifice of Lord Jesus Christ. They will continue their traditional method of sacrifice under the Mosaic covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are forgetting that even today, the Jews have never accepted the sacrifice of Lord Jesus Christ.
It seems that you are the one who is forgetting something. On the day of Pentecost long ago, 3,000 Jews accepted the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 2:41). And some have accepted Him ever since. Why do you act as if none of them ever have?

They will continue their traditional method of sacrifice under the Mosaic covenant.
That means nothing. How could a physical temple built by non-Christian Jews, where they would perform meaningless sacrifices, be something that Paul would call "the temple of God"?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It seems that you are the one who is forgetting something. On the day of Pentecost long ago, 3,000 Jews accepted the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 2:41). And some have accepted Him ever since. Why do you act as if none of them ever have?
I have not forgotten that. They were the first Christians. But the majority did not accept Jesus. Have you not read that? Some HAVE accepted Jesus, but most have not. Even now they are making plans to build the third temple.
That means nothing. How could a physical temple built by non-Christian Jews, where they would perform meaningless sacrifices, be something that Paul would call "the temple of God"?
The temple will be built by the Jews. It will be called the temple of God. It will fulfill prophecy.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are forgetting that even today, the Jews have never accepted the sacrifice of Lord Jesus Christ. They will continue their traditional method of sacrifice under the Mosaic covenant.

There has been no "Mosaic covenant" in Jewry for thousands of years. It was long ago replaced and superseded by babylonian talmudism, a collection of pharisaic traditions which Jesus condemned in Mark 7:13. It is permeated with racism, superstition, perversion, kabbalism, and occultism.

Read about it here.

Its sacrifices have ever been, and will ever be, abominations in the sight of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There has been no "Mosaic covenant" in Jewry for thousands of years. It was long ago replaced and superseded by babylonian talmudism, a collection of pharisaic traditions which Jesus condemned in Mark 7:13. It is permeated with racism, superstition, perversion, kabbalism, and occultism.

Read about it here.

Its sacrifices have ever been, and will ever be, abominations in the sight of God.
Yet it was practiced at the birth of Lord Jesus and it continued until the temple destruction by the Romans. The Jews will rebuild the temple and start the animal sacrifices again.So they have perverted the Mosaic Covenant.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, as far as Jerusalem being back in the hand of the Jews, having returned (in large part) back to the land of Israel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.