Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey people, I compiled a list of times Trump either lied about his healthcare plan or made promises about it that he obviously could never deliver. Splitting them into four categories:

TAKING CARE OF PEOPLE

28 September 2015: Trump on Healthcare: I Am Going to Take Care of Everyone

28 September 2015: Donald Trump on 60 Minutes: 'Everybody's Got to Be Covered' and 'The Government's Gonna Pay for It'

16 January 2017: Trump Insists Health Care Replacement Will Have 'Insurance for Everybody'

13 March 2017: CBO Report: 24 Million Fewer Insured by 2026 Under GOP Health Care Bill

13 March 2017: White House Analysis of Obamacare Repeal Sees Even Deeper Insurance Losses than CBO

16 March 2017: Trump Administration Proposes Big Cuts in Medical Research

24 March 2017: House Republicans change their healthcare bill to repeal Obamacare's requirement that insurance plans have to cover mental health treatment and maternity care

OBAMACARE REPEAL: GETTING THINGS DONE

9 February 2016: Trump says "We will immediately repeal and replace Obamacare—and nobody can do that like me"

8 August 2016: Trump's campaign website says "One of my first acts as President will be to repeal and replace disastrous Obamacare"

1 November 2016: Trump says "When we win on November 8th and elect a Republican Congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare"

24 March 2017: Trump says "I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days"

24 March 2017: After a grand three weeks of barely trying to replace Obamacare, Trump gives up

TAXING THE RICH

28 September 2015: Trump: My Tax Plan is Going to 'Cost Me a Fortune'

28 September 2015 (THE SAME DAY): Trump releases a tax plan that would give the average millionaire a tax cut of $317,000

21 April 2016: Trump: I Believe in Raising Taxes on the Wealthy, 'Including Myself'

22 March 2017: In Amended Health Care Bill, GOP Doubles Down on Tax Breaks for the Rich, Reduced Medicaid Funding

MEDICAID FUNDING

7 May 2015: Trump says "I was the first and only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid"

21 May 2015: Trump says "I'm not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I'm not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid"

11 July 2015: Trump says "The Republicans who want to cut SS & Medicaid are wrong"

13 March 2017: The Congressional Budget Office projects Trump's healthcare bill would cut $880 billion from Medicaid

To recap: Trump promised to replace Obamacare by covering everyone, then tried to throw 26 million people off of health insurance; he promised to protect Medicaid, then tried to massively cut its funding; and he promised to raise taxes on the rich, then tried to give rich people huge tax cuts. Those are three gigantic, cruel, years-long lies. And they all follow the same pattern: some of his words support poor and working-class people, while his actions all try to plunder the working class and hand more money to the rich.

Last edited:

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey people, I compiled a list of times Trump either lied about his healthcare plan or made promises about it that he obviously could never deliver. Splitting them into four broad categories:

9 February 2016: Trump says "We will immediately repeal and replace Obamacare—and nobody can do that like me"

24 February 2016: Trump promises "I'm going to work immediately to knock out Obamacare"

8 August 2016: Trump's campaign website says "One of my first acts as President will be to repeal and replace disastrous Obamacare"

1 November 2016: Trump says "When we win on November 8th and elect a Republican Congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare"

24 March 2017: Trump says "I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days"

24 March 2017: After a grand three weeks of barely trying to replace Obamacare, Trump gives up

UNIVERSAL COVERAGE/TAKING CARE OF PEOPLE

28 September 2015: Donald Trump on 60 Minutes: 'Everybody's Got to Be Covered' and 'The Government's Gonna Pay for It'

16 January 2017: Trump Insists Health Care Replacement Will Have 'Insurance for Everybody'

13 March 2017: CBO Report: 24 Million Fewer Insured by 2026 Under GOP Health Care Bill

13 March 2017: White House Analysis of Obamacare Repeal Sees Even Deeper Insurance Losses than CBO

24 March 2017: House Republicans change their healthcare bill to repeal Obamacare's requirement that insurance plans have to cover mental health treatment and maternity care

TAXING THE RICH

28 September 2015 (THE SAME DAY): Trump releases a tax plan that would give the average millionaire a tax cut of $317,000

21 April 2016: Trump: I Believe in Raising Taxes on the Wealthy, 'Including Myself'

22 March 2017: In Amended Health Care Bill, GOP Doubles Down on Tax Breaks for the Rich, Reduced Medicaid Funding

MEDICAID FUNDING

7 May 2015: Trump says "I was the first and only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid"

21 May 2015: Trump says "I'm not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I'm not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid"

11 July 2015: Trump says "The Republicans who want to cut SS & Medicaid are wrong"

13 March 2017: The Congressional Budget Office projects Trump's healthcare bill would cut $880 billion from Medicaid

To recap: this entire effort was Trump's promise to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare by covering everyone and throwing 26 million people off of health insurance, protect Medicaid while massively cutting its funding, and raise taxes on the rich while giving rich people huge tax cuts. The entire effort was a gigantic, cruel, years-long lie, told by a career con artist who doesn't care at all about poor and working-class people or anyone else.
Now watch the Usuals, who blamed every single minor flaw of the ACA on Obama personally, swarm by to make excuses for Trump and shift the blame anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now watch the Usuals, who blamed every single minor flaw of the ACA on Obama personally, swarm by to make excuses for Trump and shift the blame anywhere else.

I read the first 3 or four in the list and fail to see where an excuse is necessary.

And anyone here dare talk about the "usual's"? lol.

Way too many of the "usual" threads that do nothing but this:

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paul Ryan is a conman too, so I'm half-glad some people are shifting all the blame onto him, but sometimes I see Breitbart and others call the AHCA "Ryancare" and I think "C'mon, Trump's the President and he supported the bill the whole time; shouldn't you blame him too?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I read the first 3 or four in the list and fail to see where an excuse is necessary.
That's because the first three or four items are just promises he made. If you want to read examples of how he's shattered those promises into a million pieces, you have to read more of my post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
IN direct response to the OP, I believe that Trump would prefer what he stated and opposed almost all of the Republican proposal. As we must recall, Trump would prefer a single payer system like Medicare to the plan that was eventually up for vote.

Trump did not want an $800B cut in Medicaid, a $600B tax cut for the rich, and increasing premiums, with the HOPE that eventually premiums would come down and there would be a $150B cut to the deficit in 10 years. Maybe 17% buy this, but this number is lower than those who believe that Obama is a Muslim and was born in Kenya. Only the truly strange wanted this bill to pass.

Upvote 0

777Sloan

It's Okay To Be White
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
United States
✟49,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Certainly there may be a few inconsistencies between word and action; however, given the enormity and complexity of our healthcare and insurance systems, Trump is working earnestly with what he can, particularly when in considering:

He inherited a mess.

Reactions: BubbaJack
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Certainly there may be a few inconsistencies between word and action; however, given the enormity and complexity of our healthcare and insurance systems, Trump is working earnestly with what he can, particularly when in considering:

He inherited a mess.
If Trump thinks he inherited a mess with the DOW reaching record highs, what would he say about what Obama faced in 2008 with America facing its greatest economic meltdown since 1929?

Trumpcare punished the very core constituency that supported "TheDonald" - conservative, rural, white, older, working class who are still suffering from the 2008 Recession!

Trump was largely ignorant of his own legislation - given his unable to discuss it with members of the House beyond a cursory level.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
wharrgarbl.jpg

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey people, I compiled a list of times Trump either lied about his healthcare plan or made promises about it that he obviously could never deliver. Splitting them into four categories:

TAKING CARE OF PEOPLE

TAXING THE RICH

MEDICAID FUNDING

To recap: Trump promised to replace Obamacare by covering everyone, then tried to throw 26 million people off of health insurance; he promised to protect Medicaid, then tried to massively cut its funding; and he promised to raise taxes on the rich, then tried to give rich people huge tax cuts. Those are three gigantic, cruel, years-long lies. And they all follow the same pattern: some of his words support poor and working-class people, while his actions all try to plunder the working class and hand more money to the rich.
Trump's supporter never cared about improving health care. They just wanted to get rid of Obama care or any health insurance ,that help the poor. What I get from pro-life, is every fetus matter, until they are born. Unless they are brain dead. Then we must do everything to keep them on machines. The other kids don't matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums