• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Timeline: 42 Months of Revelation, 1335 & 1290 Days of Daniel

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by 1disciple, Apr 6, 2013.

1. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  2. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  3. 1disciple

1disciple Active Member

+23
    Christian
    Single
    Codger, in this study you may also check out this article concerning the luni-solar calendar evidence at Qumran.

Qumran Calendar

And this

http://www.academia.edu/523554/The_364-day_Year_in_the_Dead_Sea_Scrolls_and_Jewish_Pseudepigrapha

4. shturt678

shturt678 Senior Veteran

+76
    Lutheran
    Single
    :):):) Doing the math, just subtract, -5, from Dan.11 resulting in Dan.7:19, 21, noting the little horn which comports with Rev.13. Now we're cooking steak and lobster.

:):):) Then, doing the math again, Rev.11:2, "forty two months" began at Dan.7:25; 12:7, oh, forgot should have added, +1, to your Dan.11, at 70 A.D. and concludes at Rev.20;9, 10. Thank God for math. It feels good to be part of the team again. Great! :thumbsup: Most try to leave me out of the equation, don't know why? :amen:

5. NumberOneSon

NumberOneSon The poster formerly known as Acts6:5

+231
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Nope. There is no imperial document from Justinian issued in 538AD in which he declared the bishop of Rome to be the head of all Christendom. This is simply a myth.

But popes were deposed all throughout those 1260 years, and several popes lost their temporal rule for a time as well, so why are those facts ignored in your calculation?

6. shturt678

shturt678 Senior Veteran

+76
    Lutheran
    Single
    :):):) :thumbsup:

7. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  8. shturt678

shturt678 Senior Veteran

+76
    Lutheran
    Single
    :):):) Major premise: The O.T. does not govern the interpretation of passages in Revelation. The interpretation of Rev.13:1, etc. just goes over the same ground as Rev.12:13-17 and alludes to Dan.7:8. Chapter 13 is an elaboration of chapter 12. Satan's efforts to destroy the church. Satan, the dragon, employs two wild beasts which symbolize teh whole antichristian power with its terrible sway and spread over the world of men, full of blasphemy, battling against the saints. My end point: :confused:

:):):) In chapter 12 Satan alone is revealed; in chapter 13 also his great agencies which act like wild beasts. This should give you a healthy kick start. :thumbsup:

9. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

10. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,557
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hi vinsight4u, that verse in Daniel 7 of the lion empire, the Babylonian empire, having it's eagles wings clipped but eventually standing up as a man - is Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4, when he got the big head, and God humbled him for 7 years as he went temporarily insane, and grazed like an animal on all fours, on grass in the fields. At the end of the 7 years, Nebuchadnezzar received his sanity back and stood up like a man - having a man's heart, in that he realized his place before a sovereign God.

Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Daniel 4:33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

11. Douggg

+2,557
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I don't think that is correct. We got to go by what the verses say, not what we want to theorize Nebuchadnezzar as being the beast in the bottomless pit.

I think that Nebuchadnezar personifies a successful powerful person, who for most of their life got their way and got pumped up accordingly. However, after the 7 years of insanity, he got humility before God, repented, and God restored him. Nebuchadnezar afterward represented a changed person. I expect that Nebuchadnezar will be a saved person.

Daniel 4:
    34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
    35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
    36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
    37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

12. tranquil

tranquil Newbie

+140
    Christian
    Married
    So take the next step.

We know that Daniel 7's beasts are at the end time.

We know that Daniel 7's beasts are somewhat contemporaneous - (1) lion w/ eagle wings (UK, US ruling Babylon/ Iraq); (4) leopard heads ("Greece"); (1) bear; (1) 4th beast with 10 horns = 7 heads, 10 horns of Rev 12 and 13. The 8th king, the "beast from the earth", not part of the 7 headed Satan empire, tells people to worship this 7 headed entity, the statue of Babylon - head of gold (Babylon = Lucifer/ Satan) , chest of silver (body of the leopard 4), belly of brass (mouth of the lion/ UK), and legs of iron with 10 toes (feet of the bear, 4th beast with 10 horns).

Because they are contemporaneous and at the end time, the 7 years of "Nebuchadnezzar being a beast" is the 7 years of the tribulation. At the end of the 7 years, he becomes a good, God-fearing leader (lion w/ eagle wings given the heart of a man).

Thus, at the end of the tribulation, either the ruler of the lion (UK) or the eagle wings (US) must be Zerubbabel (aka Mahdi) who builds the true temple of God. IMO, Obama is Zerubbabel.

And to take it even one step further, if Lucifer is Satan is Babylon (Isaiah 14), then Lucifer becomes good at the end of the tribulation- hence Luciferianism.

13. Douggg

+2,557
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

14. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

15. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

16. 1disciple

1disciple Active Member

+23
    Christian
    Single
    Mods, can you please lock this thread?

I'm honestly embarrassed that I began this thread and have the fruit of many years of research in the same thread as this tripe.

Please just lock this thread or delete it entirely. I reallly don't care which at this point.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  17. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

18. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  19. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Dan 7 points out that the 1260 years of Dan 7, Rev 11, Rev 12, Rev 13 all point to the dark ages.

Dan 8 and 9 are linked and both have the same starting point.

Dan 9 has 490 years that take us to the time of Christ's ministry and death in the midst of that final week of 7 years.

Dan 8 has the same starting point as Dan 9 and tells us when the Dan 7 judgment message begins 2300 years after the starting point given.

one thing is very clear - no timeline in all of scripture can be sliced up with undefined gaps of time inserted into it - not the 70 historic years of Jeremiah mentioned in Dan 9:1-5 and not the 70 week of apocalyptic days ( 490 years ) mentioned later in that same chapter.

in Christ,

Bob

20. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014