1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Codger

I encourage you to read the entire article provided in the link below. I don't agree with their usage of the Hebrew Calendar, but it would be hard to give a better defense of why the Hebrew luni-solar calendar of today is the same that was used in post-Babylonian Jewry and which Ezra the Scribe definitely used. It doesn't do any damage to the lunar calendar to make it correspond with the solar calendar and to keep it in line. What was once done through observation can be and is done today through mathematics.

Not only is the Hebrew calendar today correct, one can know that it is correct. I commend you to the following reading and consideration. It's not going to make any difference anyway as Josephus was using the Babylonian luni-solar calendar to calculate his days. So whichever you want to to call it, it's going to be calculated at 1290 days back from July 12 (17 Tamuz) using the post-babylonian luni-solar calendar. Daniel and John in Revelation would have also been using the luni-solar calendar. If you follow Josephus, you will arrive back at 24 Kislev A.D. 66 (Eve of Hanukkah/Feast of Dedication). A.D. 70 is a metonic year. This is verifiable in that Josephus gives us an explicit date of the 7th Sabbathical year as being in the 143rd year of the Seleucids, and this is a rock solid date with evidence from multiple sources. Not only can only deduce the Sabbathical years and correct Jubilee cycles using Josephus, you can even get on the correct metonic/golden year cycle.

The Hebrew Calendar: Is it reliable?

Codger, in this study you may also check out this article concerning the luni-solar calendar evidence at Qumran.

Qumran Calendar

And this

http://www.academia.edu/523554/The_364-day_Year_in_the_Dead_Sea_Scrolls_and_Jewish_Pseudepigrapha

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Rev. 13 compared to Daniel 11:31-35.

Rev. 13 - the earth helps the woman as she flees

Daniel 11:31-35 - a little help

See the difference?

:):):) Doing the math, just subtract, -5, from Dan.11 resulting in Dan.7:19, 21, noting the little horn which comports with Rev.13. Now we're cooking steak and lobster.

:):):) Then, doing the math again, Rev.11:2, "forty two months" began at Dan.7:25; 12:7, oh, forgot should have added, +1, to your Dan.11, at 70 A.D. and concludes at Rev.20;9, 10. Thank God for math. It feels good to be part of the team again. Great! :thumbsup: Most try to leave me out of the equation, don't know why? :amen:

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This was exactly 1260 years after 538 A.D., when the eastern emperor made the Roman bishop the head of all Christendom
Nope. There is no imperial document from Justinian issued in 538AD in which he declared the bishop of Rome to be the head of all Christendom. This is simply a myth.

At the time of the Roman bishop's capture in 1798, he was declared deposed. He was taken to France where he died at Valence on August 29, 1799. The pope's 1260 years of political power had come to an end.
But popes were deposed all throughout those 1260 years, and several popes lost their temporal rule for a time as well, so why are those facts ignored in your calculation?

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The 1335day and 1290 days in Revelation 12 take place at the time of the end, distinguished by many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. It is not talking about 1st century, but our time.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

The king in Daniel 11:36 is the Antichrist in the last 42 months of his reign. The Jews, those who heed Jesus's words, will all have fled to the mountains, and those who did not flee in time will be persecuted for the time, times, and half time in Revelation 12:14-17. Until Jesus returns in Zechariah 14, splitting the Mt. of Olives in half, to rescue them.

That the Mt of Olives is still intact should tell you that the events are still future.

Doug

:):):) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I agree that the little horn is shown in Rev. 13 as to the mouth speaking and continues 42 months. I have a lot of questions as to how all of this links up smoothly to Daniel's prophecies at times though.
Here's one question? Did the beast out of the sea walk around as beast would or as a man would? I know it had bear feet, but so too did the first beast of Daniel have animal's feet - but eventually stood upright as a man, and had a man's heart.

:):):) Major premise: The O.T. does not govern the interpretation of passages in Revelation. The interpretation of Rev.13:1, etc. just goes over the same ground as Rev.12:13-17 and alludes to Dan.7:8. Chapter 13 is an elaboration of chapter 12. Satan's efforts to destroy the church. Satan, the dragon, employs two wild beasts which symbolize teh whole antichristian power with its terrible sway and spread over the world of men, full of blasphemy, battling against the saints. My end point: :confused:

:):):) In chapter 12 Satan alone is revealed; in chapter 13 also his great agencies which act like wild beasts. This should give you a healthy kick start. :thumbsup:

The number of the beast is linked to the number of a man, so that too makes me wonder if the beast was seen to walk upright at least part of the time in Rev. 13? We know the beast was given a seat.

The mouth speaking great things in Daniel 7 is seen as another little horn, yet he has eyes of man, and a mouth that speaks.

Wouldn't this eyes of man part have to also fit for Rev. 13?
Proverbs 27:20 might fit with this. as to he can't be satisfied

This would also line up with Habakkuk 2 and the names in the 4th seal/death and hell.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here's one question? Did the beast out of the sea walk around as beast would or as a man would? I know it had bear feet, but so too did the first beast of Daniel have animal's feet - but eventually stood upright as a man, and had a man's heart.

Hi vinsight4u, that verse in Daniel 7 of the lion empire, the Babylonian empire, having it's eagles wings clipped but eventually standing up as a man - is Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4, when he got the big head, and God humbled him for 7 years as he went temporarily insane, and grazed like an animal on all fours, on grass in the fields. At the end of the 7 years, Nebuchadnezzar received his sanity back and stood up like a man - having a man's heart, in that he realized his place before a sovereign God.

Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Daniel 4:33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nebuchadnezar had become a beast, yet he refused to give up his pride.

I don't think that is correct. We got to go by what the verses say, not what we want to theorize Nebuchadnezzar as being the beast in the bottomless pit.

I think that Nebuchadnezar personifies a successful powerful person, who for most of their life got their way and got pumped up accordingly. However, after the 7 years of insanity, he got humility before God, repented, and God restored him. Nebuchadnezar afterward represented a changed person. I expect that Nebuchadnezar will be a saved person.

Daniel 4:
34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟270,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that is correct. We got to go by what the verses say, not what we want to theorize Nebuchadnezzar as being the beast in the bottomless pit.

I think that Nebuchadnezar personifies a successful powerful person, who for most of their life got their way and got pumped up accordingly. However, after the 7 years of insanity, he got humility before God, repented, and God restored him. Nebuchadnezar afterward represented a changed person. I expect that Nebuchadnezar will be a saved person.

Daniel 4:
34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

So take the next step.

We know that Daniel 7's beasts are at the end time.

We know that Daniel 7's beasts are somewhat contemporaneous - (1) lion w/ eagle wings (UK, US ruling Babylon/ Iraq); (4) leopard heads ("Greece"); (1) bear; (1) 4th beast with 10 horns = 7 heads, 10 horns of Rev 12 and 13. The 8th king, the "beast from the earth", not part of the 7 headed Satan empire, tells people to worship this 7 headed entity, the statue of Babylon - head of gold (Babylon = Lucifer/ Satan) , chest of silver (body of the leopard 4), belly of brass (mouth of the lion/ UK), and legs of iron with 10 toes (feet of the bear, 4th beast with 10 horns).

Because they are contemporaneous and at the end time, the 7 years of "Nebuchadnezzar being a beast" is the 7 years of the tribulation. At the end of the 7 years, he becomes a good, God-fearing leader (lion w/ eagle wings given the heart of a man).

Thus, at the end of the tribulation, either the ruler of the lion (UK) or the eagle wings (US) must be Zerubbabel (aka Mahdi) who builds the true temple of God. IMO, Obama is Zerubbabel.

And to take it even one step further, if Lucifer is Satan is Babylon (Isaiah 14), then Lucifer becomes good at the end of the tribulation- hence Luciferianism.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So take the next step.

We know that Daniel 7's beasts are at the end time.[/quote}

Hi Tranquil, why would you think all of those beasts are end times? The fourth yes, but not the other three.

I agree that the other three are allowed to continue for a short time after the fourth one is given to be burnt up. But I think that is just saying that the gentiles nations will be allowed to continue through the 1000 years.

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

We know that Daniel 7's beasts are somewhat contemporaneous - (1) lion w/ eagle wings (UK, US ruling Babylon/ Iraq); (4) leopard heads ("Greece"); (1) bear; (1) 4th beast with 10 horns = 7 heads, 10 horns of Rev 12 and 13.
....Rev 17.

Regarding the lion w/eagle's wings, I am pretty sure that there is ancient wall relief of the lion with wings and head (Neb's) somewhere over in Iraq. That kingdom is done. Likewise with the leopard and bear. 4th beast, yes, end times version.

The 8th king, the "beast from the earth", not part of the 7 headed Satan empire, tells people to worship this 7 headed entity, the statue of Babylon - head of gold (Babylon = Lucifer/ Satan) , chest of silver (body of the leopard 4), belly of brass (mouth of the lion/ UK), and legs of iron with 10 toes (feet of the bear, 4th beast with 10 horns).
The beast from the earth is not a king. The beast is the 8th king and is of the 7 kings.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Okay, you are theorizing that the image that the false prophet tells the world to make will have 7 heads? I don't think so. I think it will be in likeness of the Antichrist.

Why would you think they would worship Babylon? Babylon is a concept, the world united against God. Satan is the spiritual king of Babylon, the Antichrist will be the visible physical king of Babylon, the spirit of Babylon will the beast spirit ascending out of the bottomless pit.

Because they are contemporaneous and at the end time, the 7 years of "Nebuchadnezzar being a beast" is the 7 years of the tribulation. At the end of the 7 years, he becomes a good, God-fearing leader (lion w/ eagle wings given the heart of a man).
I think there is some connection there, but not that the end times Antichrist will repent like Nebuchadnezzar. I would say that the connection is that the end times Antichrist will have a huge ego and that his success in the early parts of his career of replacing the three EU kings and getting Europe back on track will build him up like Nebuchadnezzar - and he will fancy himself as the messiah to Jews, in his own mind. That's when he confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant which begins his 7 years of insanity.

Thus, at the end of the tribulation, either the ruler of the lion (UK) or the eagle wings (US) must be Zerubbabel (aka Mahdi) who builds the true temple of God. IMO, Obama is Zerubbabel.
:doh: The mahdi is a muslim prophet, in their religion. Why would you think that a muslim would build the true temple of God?

And to take it even one step further, if Lucifer is Satan is Babylon (Isaiah 14), then Lucifer becomes good at the end of the tribulation- hence Luciferianism.
Are you saying good in absolute terms, or that people with think Luciferianism is good? I doubt that they will call their worship Luciferianism though. The Antichrist-beast and the false prophet will probably convince the world that God is the enemy to mankind, and is not the sovereign.

Doug

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mods, can you please lock this thread?

I'm honestly embarrassed that I began this thread and have the fruit of many years of research in the same thread as this tripe.

Please just lock this thread or delete it entirely. I reallly don't care which at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The 42 Months of Revelation 11:3 and Revelation 13:5, the 1335 and 1290 Days of Daniel 12 are still unfulfilled. They are end times events, not first century.

Doug

Dan 7 points out that the 1260 years of Dan 7, Rev 11, Rev 12, Rev 13 all point to the dark ages.

Dan 8 and 9 are linked and both have the same starting point.

Dan 9 has 490 years that take us to the time of Christ's ministry and death in the midst of that final week of 7 years.

Dan 8 has the same starting point as Dan 9 and tells us when the Dan 7 judgment message begins 2300 years after the starting point given.

one thing is very clear - no timeline in all of scripture can be sliced up with undefined gaps of time inserted into it - not the 70 historic years of Jeremiah mentioned in Dan 9:1-5 and not the 70 week of apocalyptic days ( 490 years ) mentioned later in that same chapter.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0