Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing that always frustrates me with most interpretations of Revelation is that the beast of Revelation 17 - scarlet beast and rider - is said to rule for 'one hour' with ten kings which, for 'one hour' sound like they'd be closer to being event administrators.

The partial preterism that I've come to in reading a lot of what's been discussed here puts the past/future split somewhere between Rev 13 and 17 not only because of that and the fulfillments in 70 AD but also because there are two kingdoms still on the statue of Nebucheddrezar's dream - not just iron legs but also feet of iron and clay. It seems to fit like a glove, especially that having iron in both the legs and feet means that the motif of the beasts both having seven heads would work because it would pertain two a much later event but in the same city - Rome.

What gets confusing though is that with Daniel, anyone talking about an abomination that makes desolate doesn't really fit with a post-covenant world where sacrifices were already fulfilled by Jesus - hence the need to rebuild the third temple starts getting dubious, especially with the degree of fulfillment of abominations with both Antiochus IV (1 and 2 Maccabees offer great detail of the Greek problems) and the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

The 1,290 and 1,335 days could somehow deal with the end if this date were to be 'locked away' but something seems incredibly wrong when people try to try to stretch these things to fit the last week of Daniel or claim that the 70th week of Daniel is floating out in space and will land at any moment with God's will. Seems like at most we could be looking at a 3 1/2ish year period (3 years, 7 months with an additional 1 1/2 months mentioned), its the 'one hour' thing that still gets me though....something still doesn't quite jive.

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it is not a 2000 year generation. The generation begins when the tree is in its tender stage, which is Israel come back into the land, and Jerusalem first gets back in the hands of the Jews - that generation.

1967+ 70 years = 2037 before that generation passes away... all those thing will be accomplished.

2037- 7years for the confirming of the Mt. Sinai cycle in Deuteronomy 31:10-11 means that the Antichrist as the Jews' perceived messiah will oversee the commemorative reading of Moses's instructions to go into the land = 2037 at the latest. Anytime between now and then.
Doug

This is precisely the sort of pseudo-exegetical lunacy that I'm talking about. Think about this for a moment: if you're saying that it is 2037, then Jesus is stating to the apostles concerning their own generation (that would not pass away until the Temple was destroyed and all those things that Christ spoke were fulfilled) that it must therefore not have yet passed away--so there are some very, very old people walking around on earth. I don't know how to explain to someone who holds such a convoluted and outrageous interpretation just exactly how impossible such an interpretation actually is. It isn't 1948. It isn't 1967. It isn't 2037. It is exactly what Christ said it was, within the framework of the generation from the moment he spoke the prophecy until 40 years later -- A.D. 29-70. He spoke the parable of the fig tree here concerning the growth and blossoming of spiritual Israel, the Christian Church, not ethnic, physical Israel.
Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh; even so ye also, when ye see all these things, know ye that he is nigh, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished. -- Matt. 24:32-34

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is precisely the sort of pseudo-exegetical lunacy that I'm talking about. Think about this for a moment: if you're saying that it is 2037, then Jesus is stating to the apostles concerning their own generation (that would not pass away until the Temple was destroyed and all those things that Christ spoke were fulfilled) that it must therefore not have yet passed away--so there are some very, very old people walking around on earth.

Jesus didn't state that to the disciples concerning their own generation. That's your misunderstanding. btw, they did not become known as the apostles until they went out to spread the gospel to the nations.

He talking to the disciples telling them about the future. He is not saying that their generation would not pass away - there is no reason to be using the parable as a time element of which generation if that were the case. He would have simple said their generation would not pass away. But Jesus used a time element because the fig tree and all the trees have to be in a tender state. How does all the trees apply to just the disciples or Christianity, if the fig tree is Christianity?

I edited my post. It should have been 2030 at the latest that the 7 years begin, Jesus returning 2037 at the latest.

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Doug

Asinine.

Jesus said
αμην λεγων υμιν ου μη παρελθη η γενεα αυτη εως αν παντα ταυτα γενηται [Amen! I tell you that this very Generation shall not pass away until all these things have been accomplished! -- Matt. 24:34]
If you say that it wasn't that very Generation, then you are saying that Christ was mistaken. These words are the most explicit delimitation of time possible. There is no clearer way that Jesus could have possibly expressed the time than the way he did. He is stating that all these things that he had spoken up to vs. 34 would be fulfilled within that Generation. Not a future Generation. Not a past Generation. That very Generation. To say anything otherwise is the purest isogesis and twisting of scripture.

I have posted the correct time-line of the 1290 and 1335 days in the first post of this thread. I post it for anyone interested in learning the truth instead of deceiving themselves in delusional speculations and heresies.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7737034/#post62795516

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Doug

Asinine.

Jesus said
αμην λεγων υμιν ου μη παρελθη η γενεα αυτη εως αν παντα ταυτα γενηται [Amen! I tell you that this very Generation shall not pass away until all these things have been accomplished! -- Matt. 24:34]
If you say that it wasn't that very Generation, then you are saying that Christ was mistaken. These words are the most explicit delimitation of time possible. There is no clearer way that Jesus could have possibly expressed the time than the way he did. He is stating that all these things that he had spoken up to vs. 34 would be fulfilled within that Generation. Not a future Generation. Not a past Generation. That very Generation. To say anything otherwise is the purest isogesis and twisting of scripture.

No, I am saying you are mistaken. It is "this generation'' as being the parable of the fig tree generation. Jesus did not say "your generation" as he was speaking to the disciples.

Doug

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I am saying you are mistaken. It is "this generation'' as being the parable of the fig tree generation. Jesus did not say "your generation" as he was speaking to the disciples.

Doug[/font]

I'm glad that we can at last confirm that it was in fact the Apostles' generation of the first century A.D. For Christ says:
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye [Apostles] know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye [Apostles], when ye [Apostles] shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. -- Matt. 24:32-33

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad that we can at last confirm that it was in fact the Apostles' generation of the first century A.D. For Christ says:
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye [Apostles] know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye [Apostles], when ye [Apostles] shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. -- Matt. 24:32-33

It is ye - Jews. Jesus was warning the Jews of the future fig tree generation to flee when they see the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet in Daniel 12 - end times.

Doug

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is ye - Jews. Jesus was warning the Jews of the future fig tree generation to flee when they see the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet in Daniel 12 - end times.

Doug

Jesus isn't talking to the Jews in Matthew 24. He is talking to his inner group of disciples that he made apostles.
And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age? -- Matt. 24:1-3

Jesus is only addressing his disciples in Matthew 24. The parable of the fig tree was spoken directly to his disciples then living in that very generation as being the symbol of their deliverance, not some restoration of ethnic Jews in a long future generation.

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another important passage to consider in this study is Luke 21:20-24 concerning the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by the Roman armies under Titus Vespasian during the siege from A.D. 66-70.

And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. -- Luke 21:20-24

Here is a brief, but good historical introduction to the siege of Jerusalem foretold by Christ.

The 3.5 Year Siege of Jerusalem (66 - 70 A.D.) - YouTube

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Find the patterns in the 2500 quotes and allusions of the OT by the NT, and then see if you need to know more details about Micah. Rom. 16 says GOd has now, through the Gospel, ordered all previous prophetic materials to shine on what has been accomplished through Christ so that the nations can believe and obey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I started my master's studies on that topic (Relating the JEwish war to Luke-Acts). My conclusion remains that the assassination of the ben-Hannan by Johann of Gischala was the abomination. That preserves the usual sense of the term for that day without any NT twists to it, and certainly desolated the place.

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I started my master's studies on that topic (Relating the JEwish war to Luke-Acts). My conclusion remains that the assassination of the ben-Hannan by Johann of Gischala was the abomination. That preserves the usual sense of the term for that day without any NT twists to it, and certainly desolated the place.

Well, I'll say that it was the 'beginning' of the desolation, perhaps. However, I think the fulfillment occurs as Jesus predicts--"not one stone left upon another". It is true that the altar area had already been made abominable by the numerous murders and assassinations surrounding the area, yet it was not till nearly the summer of A.D. 70 that the daily sacrifice ceased due to the famine and lack of men to perform it as Josephus relates.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes you have a strong point. The phrase 'my house has become a den of thieves' is actually 'leistes' who are revolutionaries, brigands, insurrectionists who happen steal and murder to get traction. I wonder when the final wording of that passage was chosen?

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes you have a strong point. The phrase 'my house has become a den of thieves' is actually 'leistes' who are revolutionaries, brigands, insurrectionists who happen steal and murder to get traction. I wonder when the final wording of that passage was chosen?

The Temple was definitely given over to every sort of thief and brigand by A.D. 70. Josephus states that there were piles of bodies between the Temple and the altar itself simply due to the infighting of the various factious of tyrants and brigands that had been driven into Jerusalem. In a very real way, the Temple had already been destroyed and desolated before it was even destroyed. I think it also goes back to Christ's final address to the Jews and Jerusalem concerning the reasons for the coming judgment brought through Rome:
Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. -- Matt. 23:34-38 [Jesus Christ, April, A.D. 29]
Josephus relates the terrible slaughter committed by the Jewish factions fighting between the Temple and altar area as follows around the Passover feast of A.D. 67, when the Roman siege of Jerusalem fully began on 14 Nisan:
1. AS now the war abroad ceased for a while, the sedition within was revived; and on the feast of unleavened bread, which was now come, it being the fourteenth day of the month Xanthicus, [Nisan,] when it is believed the Jews were first freed from the Egyptians, Eleazar and his party opened the gates of this [inmost court of the] temple, and admitted such of the people as were desirous to worship God into it. But John made use of this festival as a cloak for his treacherous designs, and armed the most inconsiderable of his own party, the greater part of whom were not purified, with weapons concealed under their garments, and sent them with great zeal into the temple, in order to seize upon it; which armed men, when they were gotten in, threw their garments away, and presently appeared in their armor. Upon which there was a very great disorder and disturbance about the holy house; while the people, who had no concern in the sedition, supposed that this assault was made against all without distinction, as the zealots thought it was made against themselves only. So these left off guarding the gates any longer, and leaped down from their battlements before they came to an engagement, and fled away into the subterranean caverns of the temple; while the people that stood trembling at the altar, and about the holy house, were rolled on heaps together, and trampled upon, and were beaten both with wooden and with iron weapons without mercy. Such also as had differences with others slew many persons that were quiet, out of their own private enmity and hatred, as if they were opposite to the seditious; and all those that had formerly offended any of these plotters were now known, and were now led away to the slaughter; and when they had done abundance of horrid mischief to the guiltless, they granted a truce to the guilty, and let those go off that came cut of the caverns. These followers of John also did now seize upon this inner temple, and upon all the warlike engines therein, and then ventured to oppose Simon. And thus that sedition, which had been divided into three factions, was now reduced to two. -- Josephus, Wars Book V:3.1

Josephus also relates the bloody horror that the altar had become after the Romans legions went on their rampage after entering the city.
6. And now a certain person came running to Titus, and told him of this fire, as he was resting himself in his tent after the last battle; whereupon he rose up in great haste, and, as he was, ran to the holy house, in order to have a stop put to the fire; after him followed all his commanders, and after them followed the several legions, in great astonishment; so there was a great clamor and tumult raised, as was natural upon the disorderly motion of so great an army. Then did Caesar, both by calling to the soldiers that were fighting, with a loud voice, and by giving a signal to them with his right hand, order them to quench the fire. But they did not hear what he said, though he spake so loud, having their ears already dimmed by a greater noise another way; nor did they attend to the signal he made with his hand neither, as still some of them were distracted with fighting, and others with passion. But as for the legions that came running thither, neither any persuasions nor any threatenings could restrain their violence, but each one's own passion was his commander at this time; and as they were crowding into the temple together, many of them were trampled on by one another, while a great number fell among the ruins of the cloisters, which were still hot and smoking, and were destroyed in the same miserable way with those whom they had conquered; and when they were come near the holy house, they made as if they did not so much as hear Caesar's orders to the contrary; but they encouraged those that were before them to set it on fire. As for the seditious, they were in too great distress already to afford their assistance [towards quenching the fire]; they were every where slain, and every where beaten; and as for a great part of the people, they were weak and without arms, and had their throats cut wherever they were caught. Now round about the altar lay dead bodies heaped one upon another, as at the steps going up to it ran a great quantity of their blood, whither also the dead bodies that were slain above [on the altar] fell down. -- Josephus War Book VI:4.6
After this time the Romans legions, so angered by the brutality and barbaric actions of the Jewish zealots, went through the city annihilating anyone they found without distinction. Josephus states that 1.1 million Jews were slaughtered outright. Hundreds of thousands more had already starved to death. And tens of thousands were led away into captivity. It is the worst single mass slaughter in the history of the world. There has never been a time in human history where more people were slain in such a way at one point in time and in such a confined location. Astoundingly, most people have never even read or heard of this history, which may be the most pivotal point in all history. The estimated number of Jews who perished in Jerusalem alone from A.D. 66 through 70 has been estimated at more than two million. That is not including all the other cities through which the Romans swept. Between A.D. 66 and 73, somewhere from three to four million Jews were either slain or led away captive.

Josephus states that Titus wanted to preserve the Temple as a great prize of Rome. Neither Titus nor Vespasian wanted to destroy the Temple of Jerusalem as they considered it to be a great work of Architecture. However, the Roman legions had just spent 3.5 years in the most brutal siege Rome ever had. By the time they came to the Temple, Josephus states that they were in such a rage as to have been 'seized with a certain divine fury'. Not only did the legions not heed Caesar's orders, they didn't stop their rampage until the entire Temple had been razed to its foundation. The fire itself was not put out for 3 days. The rampage went on for nearly another month. Titus could scarcely make his legions stop slaughtering. And really the only thing that made them stop was their sheer exhaustion from killing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There has never been a time in human history where more people were slain in such a way at one point in time and in such a confined location. Astoundingly, most people have never even read or heard of this history, which may be the most pivotal point in all history. The estimated number of Jews who perished in Jerusalem alone from A.D. 66 through 70 has been estimated at more than two million. That is not including all the other cities through which the Romans swept. Between A.D. 66 and 73, somewhere from three to four million Jews were either slain or led away captive.

But it was not the parable of the fig tree generation, which the destruction for that generation applies to the entire world. The Roman Empire did not come by the way of the Euphrates. Nor was their army 200,000,000 in size.

Revelation 6:
14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

Revelation 16:
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared

That is not the Romans destroying the temple in 70 AD. The parable of the fig tree generation will be during a time, which if not limited, no flesh will survive.

Matthew 24:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The Romans in 70AD did not come from the east, across a dried up Euphrates river, and they did not slay a third part of men. Matthew 24, from verse 14 to the end, identified by when the Abomination of Desolation will be setup, is end times - just like it says in Daniel 12

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

In Revelation 12, the time, times, and half times referred to in Daniel 12 above:

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The forthcoming Antichrist, first emerging as the little horn stage of his career, eventually ending up as the Antichrist-beast in Revelation 13, persecutes the Jews for the same time, times, and half times in Daniel 7.

Daniel 7:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

Back in Matthew 24:

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand )

Back to Daniel 12:

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

The parable of the fig tree generation is the end times generation, not the generation of the disciples.

A third of mankind was not destroyed in 70 AD, and the Romans did not come from the east, across a dried up Euphrates river, and not with a 200,000,000 strong army.

Doug

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But it was not the parable of the fig tree generation, which the destruction for that generation applies to the entire world. The Roman Empire did not come by the way of the Euphrates. Nor was their army 200,000,000 in size.

Revelation 6:
14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

Revelation 16:
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared

That is not the Romans destroying the temple in 70 AD. The parable of the fig tree generation will be during a time, which if not limited, no flesh will survive.

Matthew 24:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The Romans in 70AD did not come from the east, across a dried up Euphrates river, and they did not slay a third part of men. Matthew 24, from verse 14 to the end, identified by when the Abomination of Desolation will be setup, is end times - just like it says in Daniel 12

In Revelation 12, the time, times, and half times referred to in Daniel 12 above:

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The forthcoming Antichrist, first emerging as the little horn stage of his career, eventually ending up as the Antichrist-beast in Revelation 13, persecutes the Jews for the same time, times, and half times in Daniel 7.

Daniel 7:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

Back in Matthew 24:

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand )

Back to Daniel 12:

The parable of the fig tree generation is the end times generation, not the generation of the disciples.

A third of mankind was not destroyed in 70 AD, and the Romans did not come from the east, across a dried up Euphrates river, and not with a 200,000,000 strong army.

Doug

Don't you know, Doug? The details that don't fit are all symbolic.

Upvote 0