Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that the direct route from London to Los Angeles is over the arctic? Perhaps there is a 'map' which explains this. Would such a map have any practical use in navigating the Atlantic Ocean? Would mariners gain some advantage from it?

I used to work on the sales team for GE90-115B engine that powers the Boeing 777. We were always using Great Circle maps to prove cost savings. Cant imagine what my boss, who was a pilot, would have said if we tried using a "flat Earth" map.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I posted this on another flat earth thread, but for the christian over here.

So this is how the New Jerusalem, which is a 1500 mile cube will be on the earth.

ZVgTrJNIoTczxJM7XuGXYS0kzXzVaXBgBe3HJGl3hYV1g_YM7tYDFvM2951vTTH3565KVk6-gq5n-dfTPhiRe88Op00LTpeYKaG8itSx8h7S

-Voi9EnVZBkT6wPOxdw9SGTzIp0WUFtOZ3bUXXixx3qCrpbj8KNEU58fgDBDBcKRabg2PZIJs8RKizaN8jdeZbaHtj2Tp6QN2bmUm5ARgi5c

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I posted this on another flat earth thread, but for the christian over here.

So this is how the New Jerusalem, which is a 1500 mile cube will be on the earth.

Oh, I was wondering what that cube you were showing before was. New Jerusalem? You don't say. 1500 mile cube, huh? That's a whopper. I'd be worried about all the stuff that would get mashed under it, but I assume that it would be occupying tribulation-devastated real estate.

No chance of it merging with curved surface instead of bobbling on top? Well, that's a silly question anyway. Say, 1500 miles would extend a ways into space, wouldn't it? That would certainly be something.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nice bit of scissors and paperwork there.

I am disappointed that the Great Circle flight from London to LA has not had a response. d taylor is, I imagine, rummaging through his vast sore of file boxes in his attic searching for the killer reply.

Should I wait?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nice bit of scissors and paperwork there.

I am disappointed that the Great Circle flight from London to LA has not had a response. d taylor is, I imagine, rummaging through his vast sore of file boxes in his attic searching for the killer reply.

Should I wait?

I do not fly so i have never had an interest in flying. So do not know what you are actually speaking about.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, commercial flights take the shortest route possible to their destinations, for obvious reasons. There have been regular flights between London and Los Angeles for many years. The flight paths are over the North Pole because that is the shortest and quickest route. The flights go North over Scotland before entering the Arctic Circle, flying in a straight line and eventually fly South along the West coast of USA.

This is a Great Circle route. There are others, of course but one should be sufficient for you.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
This similar protest, what the serpent states in Genesis 3:1, echoes throughout when speaking about the creation God created in The Bible. When this creation is stated as not agreeing or being the same as sciences creation version.

Christians say, has God indeed said: he created two great lights and placed them in the raqia or that Joshua commanded the sun and moon to stop moving or indeed did God really mean in His promise to Hezekiah, He would cause the sun to return 10 degrees. That the stars will fall to earth like figs dropping from a fig tree.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, commercial flights take the shortest route possible to their destinations, for obvious reasons. There have been regular flights between London and Los Angeles for many years. The flight paths are over the North Pole because that is the shortest and quickest route. The flights go North over Scotland before entering the Arctic Circle, flying in a straight line and eventually fly South along the West coast of USA.

This is a Great Circle route. There are others, of course but one should be sufficient for you.

Show me a globe where the land masses are actually the exact size they are suppose to be.

Then i can see what you are talking about.

Because all these globes are not a true representation, every land mass is bigger than it is supposed to be.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant.

A flat earth theory requires the North Pole to be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and it isn't. That is just silly.

(All the various fatuous Flat Earth Theories require that all geographical knowledge, painstakingly accumulated through practical observations over the Centuries must be abandoned.)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Irrelevant.

A flat earth theory requires the North Pole to be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and it isn't. That is just silly.

(All the various fatuous Flat Earth Theories require that all geographical knowledge, painstakingly accumulated through practical observations over the Centuries must be abandoned.)

How do you know where it is, a person can not go high enough to see the whole earth, and in turn see the local of all the land masses.

An image can not even show all of the united states, from west to the east coast and from Canada to the Gulf and Mexico

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
An image can not even show all of the united states, from west to the east coast and from Canada to the Gulf and Mexico

Nonsense! There are literally millions of photographs from satellites showing every part of Earth. Haven't you seen them?

People have been to the North Pole. They knew how to get there, and went. They did not use the cockamamy charts flat earthers are prone to foist on us.

Mariners have been navigating successfully for centuries using accumulating information from others' observations. Mariners themselves know which charts are reliable. I never heard of one who thought they could navigate assuming a flat earth. Columbus sailed westerly hoping to find India by sailing round the world. He knew the world was spherical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums