On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand the blow back that is observed here. What I cannot understand is the amount of people that simply state that this is stupid, and give no support for their arguments. They simply chirp and insult as if they own truth and anyone that disagrees is ignorant.

This is, unfortunately, the way people respond when they have not investigated the topic and are fully entrenched and believe the teaching of academia.

Not that I think everything that we are taught is wrong.. just that there are things that I believe are taught as absolute fact when they are not.

I think we have lost that encouragement to "Test" all things. We take what is told to us as fact and truth.. even if it doesn't match that which we observe.

Much of what we are told to be true.. must be taken as it is taught by the very fact that we have no way to prove different.

This leaves a very large window of opportunity for academia to present dogma that is essentially unfounded.. but everyone takes it as gospel.

There are those here, who do present good questions and provide reasoning and basis for their questions.
I have tried to bring that problem up with staff, about people coming to this forum with the sole intention of mockery and insult. It was more obvious a year ago before so many pro- topic posters showed up.
Anti-conspiracy theory posters should get some manners or their own forum.
I would appreciate it if anyone would join me in this effort. Anti-theory posters seem to get a pass on mockery and insult here, and that fact is denied by at least one person responsible for managing it.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that too, and I would like to believe it as well, but I have no way of proving it, only hearsay and evidence that could be faked no matter how implausibly.

Actually, you do have ways of determining that truth ... you are, simply, choosing not to exert the time, effort and expense to make that sure determination.

We all do the same thing. There are things that we all could do to determine certain truths, but we CHOOSE what we are willing to do to make that determination.

So, in the main, ... we choose WHO we are willing to believe, ... hopefully, leaving ourselves open to change our views should we receive adequate information that warrants it.

What we must be cautious of ... is being so dogmatic in our beliefs, ... that truth is effectively shut out ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate it if anyone would join me in this effort. Anti-theory posters seem to get a pass on mockery and insult here, and that fact is denied by at least one person responsible for managing it.

The fact is that there is such behavior on BOTH sides of the issue.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, you do have ways of determining that truth ... you are, simply, choosing not to exert the time, effort and expense to make that sure determination.

We all do the same thing. There are things that we all could do to determine certain truths, but we CHOOSE what we are willing to do to make that determination.

So, in the main, ... we choose WHO we are willing to believe, ... hopefully, leaving ourselves open to change our views should we receive adequate information that warrants it.

What we must be cautious of ... is being so dogmatic in our beliefs, ... that truth is effectively shut out ...
What ways do I have?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I have tried to bring that problem up with staff, about people coming to this forum with the sole intention of mockery and insult. It was more obvious a year ago before so many pro- topic posters showed up.
Anti-conspiracy theory posters should get some manners or their own forum.

It is futility. Christians alone wont generate the same traffic as a mixed set of visitors and posters. The clash between denominations alone is enough to keep a thread going for 20 pages; insert an equal number of non-denominational or non-believing entities and you can exponentiate your traffic.

This is the same model other blogs and forums use - market to a polarized demographic, and then exploit those inherent differences using targeted algorithms, ads, members and features.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It appears that Flat Earth promoter Eric Dubay is a Holocaust Denier.

Why the Holocaust Denial?

I wonder if Flat Earth enthusiasts understand that Dubay is the source for most of their arguments for Flat Earth and against the Globe Earth ?

Some of these are ...

"The horizon appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around ... "
"The horizon always rises to one's eye-level."
"Water always finds its level."
"Surveyors, engineers, and architects do not take curve into account."
"Planes would need to constantly dip their noses on a Globe Earth."

Dubay also references Airy's Failure, the Michelson-Morley and Sagnac experiments, and his incredulity regarding the ability of gravity to hold the oceans to a globe, while simultaneously allowing for bird and butterfly flight.

Just about every Flat Earth argument can find it's origin in Eric Dubay's "200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball"

The PDF can be downloaded at the link below ...

http://www.freepdf.info/index.php?post/Eric-Dubay-200-proofs-earth-is-not-a-spinning-ball

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is futility. Christians alone wont generate the same traffic as a mixed set of visitors and posters. The clash between denominations alone is enough to keep a thread going for 20 pages; insert an equal number of non-denominational or non-believing entities and you can exponentiate your traffic.

This is the same model other blogs and forums use - market to a polarized demographic, and then exploit those inherent differences using targeted algorithms, ads, members and features.
LOL! Yes! Well put.
Futility is an exercise option that helps get me off my pew.
I bought a 6ft pen from an antique store. Now I can say I occupy a pew every day.
When I acquired chickens it allowed me to say I sit in a pew with a couple of chicks on my lap, lol.
Yes, I confess to exploiting polarization as well. Beginning in myself (diagnosed schizophrenic @ 15)
But only for entertainment, which for me involves a focus on truth with a wide peripheral view included.

I've been thinking about your manifold. The only thing that hits me right off is that it needs to be attached to something.
So, i am picturing the manifold being energetic so that it fits neatly in the place of where an accretion disc could form in my favorite torus form.

Whattaya think? Roadkill?

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been thinking about your manifold. The only thing that hits me right off is that it needs to be attached to something.
So, i am picturing the manifold being energetic so that it fits neatly in the place of where an accretion disc could form in my favorite torus form.

Whattaya think? Roadkill?

The manifold is attached to an electromagnetic geodesic dome. The "spheres", for example, are the field action of the boundary conditions.

In QTFT, everything can be imagined as an infinitesimal field in a particular direction. What we call "matter and energy" are frequency excitations in the field of a given metric. You can generate a space that would provide a "constant" excitation (rest mass). You can also create dynamic frequencies whose changes represent an evolution in what we call "energy or mass" - namely, a fundamental particle.

The manifold - which looks like a bunch of hills and valleys in a particular plane - creates the excitation field we call the boundary of space (and everything under it). Space between terra firma surface, and the alleged boundary of space is full of field excitation from outside and within the boundary.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how flerfers explain the retrograde motion of the planets?

Meh, Try getting them to explain why starts in the northern hemisphere rotate counter clockwise about a central point whereas in the southern hemisphere they rotate clockwise. Not to mention why some starts are only ever visible in one hemisphere.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder how flerfers explain the retrograde motion of the planets?
It's not a monolithic movement.
Some picture three domes.
Bible calls them wandering stars.
Use your imagination.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The manifold is attached to an electromagnetic geodesic dome. The "spheres", for example, are the field action of the boundary conditions.

In QTFT, everything can be imagined as an infinitesimal field in a particular direction. What we call "matter and energy" are frequency excitations in the field of a given metric. You can generate a space that would provide a "constant" excitation (rest mass). You can also create dynamic frequencies whose changes represent an evolution in what we call "energy or mass" - namely, a fundamental particle.

The manifold - which looks like a bunch of hills and valleys in a particular plane - creates the excitation field we call the boundary of space (and everything under it). Space between terra firma surface, and the alleged boundary of space is full of field excitation from outside and within the boundary.
I will reflect on that, thanks.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Use your imagination.

The very word "planetes" is Greek for "wanderer" - implying the rest of the cosmos is fixed.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Use your imagination.

Imaginations run wild.
Why not use scientific facts and reality? That would be the place to start if you're honestly trying to discover what the truth is. Your imagination certainly won't get you there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In your worldview, yes. We get that already.

No, I'm talking about what I see out of my window. Australia's southernmost city gets 15 hours of daylight in summer. The Antarctic base gets 24. These are facts.

So when you show me cute little flat earth animations where Australia gets less than 12 hours of daylight in summer, i'm going to call it wildly wrong.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Meh, Try getting them to explain why starts in the northern hemisphere rotate counter clockwise about a central point whereas in the southern hemisphere they rotate clockwise. Not to mention why some starts are only ever visible in one hemisphere.

I'm not sure they even believe that Australia exists.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The entire Flat
No, I'm talking about what I see out of my window. Australia's southernmost city gets 15 hours of daylight in summer. The Antarctic base gets 24. These are facts.

So when you show me cute little flat earth animations where Australia gets less than 12 hours of daylight in summer, i'm going to call it wildly wrong.
The Flat Earth community will be destabilized.
Modeling is overrated.
Sure you won't reconsider?

Upvote 0