Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ships do not go over the horizon. You can bring them back into plain view with a good set of binoculars or a telescope.

This is not the full story.

Ships (objects) which have disappeared from sight ... can sometimes be brought into view with binoculars or a telescope.

Ships (objects) which are PARTIALLY OBSCURRED ... cannot be un-OBSCURRED.

There are (2) different effects here ...

1) Disappearance of an object due to distance, atmospheric interference, etc.

2) Obscurring of an object by the curve of the Earth.

When someone can unobscure the image of an object that is PARTIALLY BLOCKED ... let me know ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sun and moon orbit above the FE model and continually spiral in.. for summer in the Northern regions and spiral outward for winter in the North. So, seasons and such are covered.

Has anyone done a comparison of what any FE model predicts (in the way of seasons) ... and what actually occurs ?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You cannot fall off the edge as there is an ice wall around the edge of the circular flat earth model and the edge is beyond that in extreme cold and perilous conditions... research Admiral Byrd's "Operation Deep Freeze" and "Operation High Jump".

Speculation (i.e. no evidence of such) ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gravity is not needed.. well the "theoretical" gravity that is supposedly a property of all massive objects. There is just down.. and density, buoyancy and such control which falls floats or flies.

Gravity works in a vacuum ... where buoyancy cannot, because there is no medium to support it.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A manifold, for example, isn't just a flat disk, and despite several people mentioning earth as a non-disk entity (but not spheroid,) flat earth is constantly mentioned as a substantiation of ignorance. Disk earth keeps coming up.

The title of this thread is "Timelapse of the sun proves flat earth".

I have seen very few arguments for some other shape (other than yours) ...

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satan even deceives people into believing that the earth is flat.

Yes.

NASA-Apollo8-Dec24-Earthrise.jpg

No.

No.

That doesn't happen.
That earth looks about the same size as a moonrise
Should be about 4x larger

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can tell how restricted the thinking is by the geometry people insist on repeating - even if that geometry is wrong in the context of conversation.

A manifold, for example, isn't just a flat disk, and despite several people mentioning earth as a non-disk entity (but not spheroid,) flat earth is constantly mentioned as a substantiation of ignorance. Disk earth keeps coming up.

At this point, the discussion has been hijacked by psychological dualism; it is no better than the "left-right" paradigm. An intellectual distraction meant to confuse and confound - while at the same time programming men to put their undying intellectual faith in other men.

It's going to be unfortunate when events pick up; I'm not sacrificing myself for the ignorance of others like the cliches of movies have taught people to expect. Indeed, most people who know are already "gone" or hidden.
Things are winding down a bit here, too.
I quit the band I was playing in. I haven't quit playing, but I can feel the need to start cocooning more.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Things are winding down a bit here, too.
I quit the band I was playing in. I haven't quit playing, but I can feel the need to start cocooning more.

I actually feel bad for those aforementioned in context, because I can remember when I used to have the same mentality. If I was the same person then as I am now, I wouldn't even understand the urgency to know the truth.

The truth would still be fantastical, especially if it offended my paradigm.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I actually feel bad for those aforementioned in context, because I can remember when I used to have the same mentality. If I was the same person then as I am now, I wouldn't even understand the urgency to know the truth.

What, exactly, has your truth done for you ... other than given you an obvious attitude of superiority ... although your posting doesn't say exactly what you meant for it to say ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Just out of curiosity, but if we accept the below video as legitimate, and not faked - how can the FE model make it fit their understanding of the shape of the earth?

I don't know about flat (as paper) earth, but as a differential manifold (with level curves) - and a sun that (clearly) travels in a curvature with respect to this manifold - yes the argument can be (elegantly) made.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What, exactly, has your truth done for you ... other than given you an obvious attitude of superiority ... although your posting doesn't say exactly what you meant for it to say ...

Hi,

There is no such thing as "my/his/her truth", there is only The Truth.

If you think I have an attitude of superiority, then perhaps that is a personal issue of circumstance (i.e. rooted in the general disagreement we have). Perhaps not; I may seem hopelessly haughty to you. Either scenario doesn't concern me as much at the Truth does.

Plenty of people on here are asking very serious questions - only to be met with ridicule, and downright insults to their intelligence. Yet, I am the arrogant one because I have the audacity to disagree with the academic paradigm, and an opinion on human psychology?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Plenty of people on here are asking very serious questions - only to be met with ridicule, and downright insults to their intelligence. Yet, I am the arrogant one because I have the audacity to disagree with the academic paradigm, and an opinion on human psychology?
I understand the blow back that is observed here. What I cannot understand is the amount of people that simply state that this is stupid, and give no support for their arguments. They simply chirp and insult as if they own truth and anyone that disagrees is ignorant.

This is, unfortunately, the way people respond when they have not investigated the topic and are fully entrenched and believe the teaching of academia.

Not that I think everything that we are taught is wrong.. just that there are things that I believe are taught as absolute fact when they are not.

I think we have lost that encouragement to "Test" all things. We take what is told to us as fact and truth.. even if it doesn't match that which we observe.

Much of what we are told to be true.. must be taken as it is taught by the very fact that we have no way to prove different.

This leaves a very large window of opportunity for academia to present dogma that is essentially unfounded.. but everyone takes it as gospel.

There are those here, who do present good questions and provide reasoning and basis for their questions.

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand the blow back that is observed here. What I cannot understand is the amount of people that simply state that this is stupid, and give no support for their arguments. They simply chirp and insult as if they own truth and anyone that disagrees is ignorant.

This is, unfortunately, the way people respond when they have not investigated the topic and are fully entrenched and believe the teaching of academia.

Not that I think everything that we are taught is wrong.. just that there are things that I believe are taught as absolute fact when they are not.

I think we have lost that encouragement to "Test" all things. We take what is told to us as fact and truth.. even if it doesn't match that which we observe.

Much of what we are told to be true.. must be taken as it is taught by the very fact that we have no way to prove different.

This leaves a very large window of opportunity for academia to present dogma that is essentially unfounded.. but everyone takes it as gospel.

There are those here, who do present good questions and provide reasoning and basis for their questions.

Interesting...

Yes, academics have become more about faith, or fraternity. It has become an order. Science is still alive and pure, however. Reproducibility is required at least - especially layperson reproducibility. Not only does it show the elegance and strength of the science (to be so clear that a layperson can reproduce the same results), but it also reduces convolution, and gives the individual the ability to participate in the innovation and advancement of science (knowledge) as a whole.

Perhaps I am too idealistic; I have been told that before.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More than that, numerous people have visited Antarctica and seen what it's actually like.
I've heard that too, and I would like to believe it as well, but I have no way of proving it, only hearsay and evidence that could be faked no matter how implausibly.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0