Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"Connecticut’s Democrat governor [Dannel Malloy] is telling state and local law enforcement they do not have to comply with federal requests to detain residents who are in the country illegally"
Connecticut governor to cops: Don't follow Trump immigration orders

I would have ICE officers there tomorrow, along with FBI and Homeland Security. Give the governor one chance to order full compliance and arrest him when he doesn't. I'd like to see all officials, state and local, who are not following the current immigration laws serve a few years in prison. And not a nice country club for rich felons.

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟326,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem here is that the more sanctuary cities, the more illegals, and with that comes this: more free housing, food stamps, health care and no one seems to understand two things.

1. Illegals. How do we know they aren't nice? We have no way of vetting them. We have a right to safety to some extent in this country. What about us?

2. What about Americans in these sanctuary cities? What about their rights? To be at the mercy of illegals who commit crimes against us must make them very wary.

Not just all that but why harbor illegals and criminals anyway? That is ridiculous. You want a major serial killer or pedophile fleeing his country, no papers, no nothing, giving a free ride here and living next door to you and your children?

I don't get that.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Connecticut’s Democrat governor [Dannel Malloy] is telling state and local law enforcement they do not have to comply with federal requests to detain residents who are in the country illegally"

I would have ICE officers there tomorrow, along with FBI and Homeland Security. Give the governor one chance to order full compliance and arrest him when he doesn't. I'd like to see all officials, state and local, who are not following the current immigration laws serve a few years in prison. And not a nice country club for rich felons.

State and local cooperation with ICE is voluntary. ICE can request local police to hold an illegal immigrant that was arrested for some other crime, but the police are not required by law to do so. Immigration control is a Federal responsibility.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
State and local cooperation with ICE is voluntary. ICE can request local police to hold an illegal immigrant that was arrested for some other crime, but the police are not required by law to do so. Immigration control is a Federal responsibility.

The states don't want to get into a one-up with the government. That's a good way to be eternally audited by the IRS, and have any government monies arrive late, and with extra red tape, if at all.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The states don't want to get into a one-up with the government. That's a good way to be eternally audited by the IRS, and have any government monies arrive late, and with extra red tape, if at all.
But it's an established principle that the federal government cannot coerce the states to take particular actions.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'd love to see this also. Because nothing says "I want to give power back to the States!" quite like the federal government trying to steam roll over local governments. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(seriously!) ;)

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
But it's an established principle that the federal government cannot coerce the states to take particular actions.

Tell that to them about highways and 55 mph and federal funds. All of the following article is important.

"Any state found in noncompliance (defined as having more than 50 percent of its drivers going faster than 55 mph for two successive years) could lose part or all of its federal highway funds. For another thing, since advocates of the limit justified it on the basis of saving lives, any politician opposed to it found herself or himself painted as favoring more traffic fatalities."
The High Cost of the 55 MPH Speed Limit

Sound familiar?
"He wants dirty air and water because he opposes stupid regulations and bloated agencies that don't do their jobs anyway."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'd love to see this also. Because nothing says "I want to give power back to the States!" quite like the federal government trying to steam roll over local governments. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(seriously!) ;)

When the various states agreed to a centralized federal government, obeying the common laws created by that government was part of the deal. And when Lincoln defeated the Confederacy, they lost much of their rights to have their own laws as opposed to the feds. Each state was supposed to be a law unto itself, with the federal government only making sure they didn't oppress their citizens or those of the other states.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Tell that to them about highways and 55 mph and federal funds. All of the following article is important.

"Any state found in noncompliance (defined as having more than 50 percent of its drivers going faster than 55 mph for two successive years) could lose part or all of its federal highway funds. For another thing, since advocates of the limit justified it on the basis of saving lives, any politician opposed to it found herself or himself painted as favoring more traffic fatalities."
The High Cost of the 55 MPH Speed Limit
I can't find that the NMSL was ever challenged. But even if it was, there was a direct relationship between the measures and the monies that would be withheld. The National Minimum Drinking Age Act is a better example because it linked the highway funds to the drinking age. That was challenged and the Court devised a 5 part test. The third and the fifth part are most relevant. "The condition should relate to 'the federal interest in particular national projects or programs.'" and "The condition must not be coercive."

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the various states agreed to a centralized federal government, obeying the common laws created by that government was part of the deal. And when Lincoln defeated the Confederacy, they lost much of their rights to have their own laws as opposed to the feds. Each state was supposed to be a law unto itself, with the federal government only making sure they didn't oppress their citizens or those of the other states.
It's good to see the Republican Party hasn't changed all that much in 150+ years. :)
tulc(is finding the irony in this to be kind of adorable) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Democrat Party hasn't changed much either.
Still wearing white, but now they show their faces:
kkk2.gif

tshkmcwdu8lotxaudgci.jpg
uhmmm....I'm pretty sure that group of people in the first photo are Penitent marchers from Spain taking part in an Easter service. You can tell by the blue belts and the palm fronds in their hands. :wave:
tulc(thinks you might want to check on that) :)

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
uhmmm....I'm pretty sure that group of people in the first photo are Penitent marchers from Spain taking part in an Easter service. You can tell by the blue belts and the palm fronds in their hands. :wave:
tulc(thinks you might want to check on that) :)

Thank you. I changed the original photo to the correct group. Never heard of the other one before.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I changed the original photo to the correct group.
It was the palm fronds that gave them away. The KKK doesn't strike me as being big on palm fronds. :wave:

Never heard of the other one before.
I hadn't either until a few years ago. :)
tulc(was a little started when he saw them the first time also) :eek:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Democrat Party hasn't changed much either.
Still wearing white, but now they show their faces:
(Edited first picture as it was the wrong group. thanks tulc)
(snip)
(snip)
I'm curious if you think these two groups are really that similar? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to gage how serious to take this) :wave:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious if you think these two groups are really that similar? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to gage how serious to take this) :wave:

Similarities, hmm. Remember this is a specific group of Democrats, not all of them.
Divisive, racist, dangerous given any power, pathetic out of power, willing to put others at risk for their own gain.
All proven again in just the last month.
I'm sure there is more, but I'm tired and going to sleep in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me if I can sum up this article before I read it: "Republicans are the REAL hero's in every situation and all Democrats are bad."...yep, I was pretty much right on the money. Let me see if I can point out something I've never been able to get anyone to explain to me: "How does a Party that's 86% white (Republicans) explain to the Party that's 57% white (Democrats) why they think they're the Party that represents black voters better if black voters don't think so?" :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0