Discussion Time to pray for the angels to preach the Gospel?

Should angels preach and evangelise the lost?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
In Revelation we read of a time when the angels preach the Gospel. It seems like this is a privilege for the saints to preach and only for us to have. Or is it as James said, "You have not because you ask not."

I recall days in the Sydney Korean Full Gospel Church. They angels were described as robots with no free will. All the free willing angels fell. Angels will be judged by us. You don't have to love angels. You should prefer to ask for God's hand instead of the holy angels' works. There was a sort of suspicion of them.

I also remember how people normally think of angels as beautiful, and of Heaven and worthy of it.

But should we ask God for the Holy Angels to preach and evangelise? Is there anything wrong with that?

Revelation 14:6
James 4:2
Hebrews 13:2

Last edited:

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, there is no instruction nor example in scripture to pray to Angels.

The reference in Revelation is a prophetic vision for the end of times.

Your reference in James has nothing to do with angels or preaching the Gospel.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Revelation we read of a time when the angels preach the Gospel. It seems like this is a privilege for the saints to preach and only for us to have. Or is it as James said, "You have not because you ask not."

I recall days in the Sydney Korean Full Gospel Church. They angels were described as robots with no free will. All the free willing angels fell. Angels will be judged by us. You don't have to love angels. You should prefer to ask for God's hand instead of the holy angels' works. There was a sort of suspicion of them.

I also remember how people normally think of angels as beautiful, and of Heaven and worthy of it.

But should we ask God for the Holy Angels to preach and evangelise? Is there anything wrong with that?

Revelation 14:6
James 4:2
I think you have some confusion in your post.

Angels are not saints.

Angels do have free will that includes all of them.

Angles are spirit beings and do not have bodies, so can the be beautiful?

I guess you are ready for the Eschaton and the 3 angels

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
No, there is no instruction nor example in scripture to pray to Angels.

The reference in Revelation is a prophetic vision for the end of times.

Your reference in James has nothing to do with angels or preaching the Gospel.
I do not suggest praying to angels. I suggest praying for God to send commissioned angels. Sovereignly God does this anyway.

We are arguably living in the end times.

James mentions that we do not have something, because we have not asked. And so I suggest we might ask for the ministry of holy angels. Something more than what was seen in Gary Oates Ministry.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think you have some confusion in your post.

Angels are not saints.

Angels do have free will that includes all of them.

Angles are spirit beings and do not have bodies, so can the be beautiful?

I guess you are ready for the Eschaton and the 3 angels
Yes I heard confusion and had to consider it. I was Catholic, they were Pentecostal. I know angels are not saints and they have free will. People see angels as beautiful by tradition, Lucifer before he fell, and NDE accounts are newer. They take pleasure in seeing angels in NDE accounts.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Angels never received a commission to make disciples of all nations. The commission was given to Christian believers. If sinners don't get the gospel preached to them it is because Christian believers are not being obedient to the commission God has given them.

Being confined to Christian "clubs" fellowship only with other believers and having minimal contact with sinners is disobedience to God's commission for them.

• Agree
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We could pray for workers and let God decide who those workers are.
This is what the workers are supposed to pray
For more workers :)

Any other suggestion is nonsense and a denial of the great comission.
So many these days seem to be seeking to be excused .they say yes yes lord ....but they do not go.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This is what the workers are supposed to pray
For more workers :)

Any other suggestion is nonsense and a denial of the great comission.
So many these days seem to be seeking to be excused .they say yes yes lord ....but they do not go.
Testimonies go first, they must have something to give away. Training helps. We need to have strong love. We need God to equip us.

Many ask why God allows evil to happen? On the same token, why the angels don't judge us or then failing that, evangelise us? In the Gospel Jesus says, that the angels cannot judge us, they offered but it was said they were not able to uproot the wicked and not also the just with them.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Testimonies go first, they must have something to give away. Training helps. We need to have strong love. We need God to equip us.

Many ask why God allows evil to happen? On the same token, why the angels don't judge us or then failing that, evangelise us? In the Gospel Jesus says, that the angels cannot judge us, they offered but it was said they were not able to uproot the wicked and not also the just with them.
Just dont be looking to be excused from the task
Go out and share the gospel
Every where

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I do not suggest praying to angels. I suggest praying for God to send commissioned angels. Sovereignly God does this anyway.

We are arguably living in the end times.

James mentions that we do not have something, because we have not asked. And so I suggest we might ask for the ministry of holy angels. Something more than what was seen in Gary Oates Ministry.

James also said that we don't have because we ask amiss. In other words we ask for things that God does not offer. He told "us" to preach the gospel not have us ask Him to tell the angels to do it.

• Agree
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm since this thread is asking about a denominationally Specific doctrine.. I.e. roman Catholicism practices of idolatry in praying to created beings rather the JESUS the word of God..
It really shouldnt be here in this forum?
I think it's a legitimate question and the person who asked it is Penticostal. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hmmm since this thread is asking about a denominationally Specific doctrine.. I.e. roman Catholicism practices of idolatry in praying to created beings rather the JESUS the word of God..
It really shouldnt be here in this forum?
I think if this thread is moved to the Catholic Charismatic Renewal forum, they will only explain that they don't worship angels... I recall when I was RC that the priests would explain how we are not to, and do not worship Mary and angels... it made sense, only after though. Some prayers really did sound like worship.

I personally as a Pentecostal, do not address Michael the archangel directly, except only with Catholic fellows so not to stand out or protest. I admit also I have forgotten some of the prayers. I will however thank God for angels, in Jesus' name. And may ask God the Father in Jesus' name, for angels to act in a trouble spot or needy person's life.

Upvote 0