United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Truth About Biden's Stutter, According To An Expert

It has been known for years that Biden struggles with stuttering.

Yes, he has stated some really stupid things, yes, I do not believe for one moment he would ever make a good president, yes, I think he is exactly what we do NOT need.

But let's not mock and belittle the man for fumbling over words because of a physical issue that is not his making. To live a very public life, having to speak multiple times in multiple venues while having a speech impediment is a statement of the man's power to overcome something that makes thousands silent and embarrassed.

Let's judge his words and actions and NOT his ability for eloquence.

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Yes, he has stated some really stupid things, yes, I do not believe for one moment he would ever make a good president, yes, I think he is exactly what we do NOT need.

But let's not mock and belittle the man for fumbling over words because of a physical issue that is not his making. To live a very public life, having to speak multiple times in multiple venues while having a speech impediment is a statement of the man's power to overcome something that makes thousands silent and embarrassed.

Stuttering? No problem. Blithering?

Upvote 0

SolaChristian

Nov 12, 2020
Western Cape
✟9,548.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I agree 100% with everything you said in this post.. but I was under the impression that he is starting to show signs of dementia, I never knew it was just a stutter. Amidst all the rumors of him being senile it made sense why he would sometimes say the weirdest things (you know, the thing). It seemed to me as if he literally forgot what he was about to say sometimes, not just struggling to say it. But thanks for the interesting article, maybe that will make more sense than my current idea :D

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well said bro! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(raises his next cup of coffee in honor of hislegacy!) :coffee:

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

So you highlight Biden’s faults then say we shouldn’t care about them. Very subtle, bit like baseball bat to face.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you highlight Biden’s faults then say we shouldn’t care about them. Very subtle, bit like baseball bat to face.

Absolutely not - if a person is actually able to separate their political stance from making rude comments about a persona personal issue, it makes perfect sense.

I am 100% AGAINST people mocking and taking advantage of a speech impediment. It is rude and uncalled for, no matter who the person is, no matter if I agree with his/her perspective, political agenda or party affiliation.

Read my op again - the ONLY 'fault' I said we should not 'care' about is his speech impediment.

People who mock him for it should be ashamed of themselves.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Absolutely not - if a person is actually able to separate their political stance from making rude comments about a persona personal issue, it makes perfect sense.

I am 100% AGAINST people mocking and taking advantage of a speech impediment. It is rude and uncalled for, no matter who the person is, no matter if I agree with his/her perspective, political agenda or party affiliation.

Read my op again - the ONLY 'fault' I said we should not 'care' about is his speech impediment.

People who mock him for it should be ashamed of themselves.
I would have to see a history of this going back to when he was public speaking as a lot younger age to buy into this speech impediment thing myself as I've seen the left get so called experts to accuse Trump of being mentally il it wouldn't surprise me for them to find one that excuses Biden to make him look good.
Personally I think either Biden's mouth is getting faster or his brain slower as I don't worship "you know the thing" as Biden puts it.

Reactions: SolaChristian
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed we should not care about the trivial so why bring it up then ?

Read the title of the thread. Read the OP and then read my last reply to you.

Do you honestly not understand why I don’t think a person should be mocked for a speech impediment or do you just like arguing?

Upvote 0
Nov 21, 2020
Rapid City
✟404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Get ready to see rainbows everywhere you look. The kids are wearing them

I wonder how long it will be before they question the churches that dont have rainbows on them

Yeah, it’s going to be a rainbow festival. Maybe Joe will put one on the White House like Obama did.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Biden's verbal problems don't seem to be primarily related to a mechanical speech impediment; though there is frequent slurring, I don't recall stuttering, per se. What's more concerning is his frequent use of the wrong word, or an inability to find the right word at those times he's aware of not having it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stuttering? No problem. Blithering?

blithering
: talking foolishly
: marked by or consisting of foolish or nonsensical words

Stuttering is not Biden's (or anyone else's) problem here, it's the nonsensical gibberish. Of course those pushing Biden try to conflate the two, but his cognitive abilities are declining (IMO).

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
blithering
: talking foolishly
: marked by or consisting of foolish or nonsensical words

Stuttering is not Biden's (or anyone else's) problem here, it's the nonsensical gibberish. Of course those pushing Biden try to conflate the two, but his cognitive abilities are declining (IMO).
And it's not something he should be blamed for, the blithering. It's just a sign of decline for the poor man. It's not his fault. He has lots of other faults, like a temper, like having so many wrong positions, and all of that. His confusion is a serious thing, and will have to be dealt with soon enough, but it isn't a moral flaw.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[Staff Edit]

I love the double standard.

The fact is that we have two older individuals who occasionally misspeak. That doesn’t mean that either of them is senile or dealing with dementia, but some people can’t figure that out.

For the record, my mom is 95. She occasionally will call her sister by the wrong name. She will occasionally forget the name of a restaurant or store. That doesn’t mean she is senile. It doesn’t mean she has dementia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.